You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
2Zons

Tier X Personal Missions

15 comments in this topic

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,983 battles

After unlocking my first tier X (Shimakaze) I got a personal mission for it.  Do you get one of these for every tier X ship you unlock or buy?

[-WPG-]
Members
799 posts
3,334 battles

Except Salem, yes. There are no TX ships you can purchase. Only Salem and Stalingrad which are reward ships. 

Edit - not sure if Harugumo has one yet. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,983 battles
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Except Salem, yes. There are no TX ships you can purchase. Only Salem and Stalingrad which are reward ships. 

Edit - not sure if Harugumo has one yet. 

Thank you for the quick reply.   Oh, and by buy I meant buy with credits after it is unlocked.  But does that mean Stalingrad has a personal Mission as well?

[-WPG-]
Members
799 posts
3,334 battles
8 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

Thank you for the quick reply.   Oh, and by buy I meant buy with credits after it is unlocked.  But does that mean Stalingrad has a personal Mission as well?

No.  Neither current TX premiums have legendary mods.  At least not yet. 

[PVE]
Members
9,548 posts
7,456 battles
16 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

After unlocking my first tier X (Shimakaze) I got a personal mission for it.  Do you get one of these for every tier X ship you unlock or buy?

Yes, every T10 has a Unique (Legendary) Upgrade and every new T10 is going to get one at some point. WG is aiming for a few months after release, but I'm sure there will be some slippage.

Here is a master thread on what the happens to the numbers when you put in a UU over some other upgrade at that slot.

Here is the one for Shimakaze.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles

I really wish that you could grind those Unique Upgrades in ships other than just your tier 10's.  I get too bored playing the same ship all the time to grind out those upgrades in a timely manner.  It'd be nice to be able to grind them in any ship of the same nation and ship type.  For example, have any XP, etc. ground out in any IJN BB (perhaps tier 5 or above) count towards the Yamato unique upgrade mission.  It would make the grind vastly more bearable and enjoyable.  Besides, what's the point of having all these nice premium ships in those various navies and ship types if you can't use them to grind the XP, etc. for those UU missions?

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Worth noting, I I ok t believe harugumo has one either. Legendary mods were I reduced before she was added

Of course she will get one in the future, but as of now there is nothing

[PVE]
Members
9,548 posts
7,456 battles
39 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I really wish that you could grind those Unique Upgrades in ships other than just your tier 10's.  I get too bored playing the same ship all the time to grind out those upgrades in a timely manner.  It'd be nice to be able to grind them in any ship of the same nation and ship type.  For example, have any XP, etc. ground out in any IJN BB (perhaps tier 5 or above) count towards the Yamato unique upgrade mission.  It would make the grind vastly more bearable and enjoyable.  Besides, what's the point of having all these nice premium ships in those various navies and ship types if you can't use them to grind the XP, etc. for those UU missions?

The mission dates will be reset at the end of the year to next Dec 31st, so the missions are not going to run out. I'll just get what I get when I play my DM and someday will finish the mission.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The mission dates will be reset at the end of the year to next Dec 31st, so the missions are not going to run out. I'll just get what I get when I play my DM and someday will finish the mission.

Kiz, I'm not worried about that.  I'd already heard that that was the case.  I just don't like grinding individual ships, particularly at tier 10, to the exclusion of anything else.  This is why I really wish that any XP, etc. you earned in non-tier 10 ships of the same type and navy counted against the mission.  It would make everything so much less grindy and more enjoyable.

[PVE]
Members
9,548 posts
7,456 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Kiz, I'm not worried about that.  I'd already heard that that was the case.  I just don't like grinding individual ships, particularly at tier 10, to the exclusion of anything else.  This is why I really wish that any XP, etc. you earned in non-tier 10 ships of the same type and navy counted against the mission.  It would make everything so much less grindy and more enjoyable.

Oh, it would be great no doubt, but at least all the requirements you can get just by playing and in almost every play mode as well. You can just play and you will get it eventually. I have the majority of my work on the DM UU in co-op for instance with a little bit of Clan Battles. Hopefully, Arms Race will be added soon as that looks like it will be popular once people figure it out. It is just that it is in live testing, so I can see why WG limited things to start. Don't know why the grind had to be soo long, except to give people reason to play T10's I think.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,275 battles

Not to hijack the topic but are any of them worth it? Seems like they all are significant boost in one area but they add a negative in another...haven't gotten any of them done yet.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh, it would be great no doubt, but at least all the requirements you can get just by playing and in almost every play mode as well. You can just play and you will get it eventually. I have the majority of my work on the DM UU in co-op for instance with a little bit of Clan Battles. Hopefully, Arms Race will be added soon as that looks like it will be popular once people figure it out. It is just that it is in live testing, so I can see why WG limited things to start. Don't know why the grind had to be soo long, except to give people reason to play T10's I think.

Jeez, and I thought that there were a lot of people playing tier 10's. After all, if very few people were playing tier 10's, then people playing tier 8 ships wouldn't see tier 10 heavy battles nearly so often as they claim to.  :cap_hmm:

[PVE]
Members
9,548 posts
7,456 battles
3 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

Not to hijack the topic but are any of them worth it? Seems like they all are significant boost in one area but they add a negative in another...haven't gotten any of them done yet.

Check out this master list of write ups on all the Unique Upgrades. I took what slot the UU went in and calculated the numbers for every upgrade that also went into that slot. I'm not a great player, so take my thoughts at the bottom of each write up with a large grain of salt. Some you will like and some you won't like. They are not supposed to be ultimate upgrades, but side-grades to offer a different play style. Personally, I would look at how the numbers change, factor that in with how you play and then factor in people's opinion of the UU. The great thing about this game is the variety of ways you can play.

1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Jeez, and I thought that there were a lot of people playing tier 10's. After all, if very few people were playing tier 10's, then people playing tier 8 ships wouldn't see tier 10 heavy battles nearly so often as they claim to.  :cap_hmm:

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,275 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Check out this master list of write ups on all the Unique Upgrades. I took what slot the UU went in and calculated the numbers for every upgrade that also went into that slot. I'm not a great player, so take my thoughts at the bottom of each write up with a large grain of salt. Some you will like and some you won't like. They are not supposed to be ultimate upgrades, but side-grades to offer a different play style. Personally, I would look at how the numbers change, factor that in with how you play and then factor in people's opinion of the UU. The great thing about this game is the variety of ways you can play.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Oh wow....well there is enough reading to last me through the night. Or at least a couple trips to the can. Thanks....and +1 for giving me something to read.

[PVE]
Members
9,548 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, LubzinNJ said:

Oh wow....well there is enough reading to last me through the night. Or at least a couple trips to the can. Thanks....and +1 for giving me something to read.

You are welcome. i got tired of re-calc'ing every thing on a UU when a new thread came up, that I just started collecting them and made a single thread for every UU. That way people can discuss them with the numbers at the top of the thread.