You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Garbage boats you like...

91 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Well, this thread got me thinking: 

And I got some very interesting answers, at least I thought so...What now? Flip the coin, and ask about the unloved...

Me? I'm having fun in my Acasta... Yeah, you run around like Taz on meth trying not die, but that can be fun...if a little exhausting...

After ignoring the USN CL line for like ever, I won the camo for the Helena...don't have her yet, but I seem to do good in the Dallas, which seems to get no love..

Okay, time to fess up, what boats you think need some love? 

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
794 posts
8,257 battles

Yorck. My first T7 and it gave me fits for a long time but I finally learned to appreciate her strengths. I rarely play her these days. Recently took her into the Narai Op and racked up a pair of 150k damage matches. No sitting back sniping either. Up close and in the Bot faces.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,382 posts
5,075 battles

Kawachi is relaxing in its own way. Sail it like a unicum BB player, but at the end of the day every time you click the fire button it is like pulling the lever on a slot machine. Nobody expects a Kawachi to do anything, so I occasionally take it out to unwind.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
4 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Well, this thread got me thinking: 

After ignoring the USN CL line for like ever, I won the camo for the Helena...don't have her yet, but I seem to do good in the Dallas, which seems to get no love..

If you haven't yet, read up on the Helena, it will make you appreciate her even more.

I enjoy playing most of the ships that are considered less than average. Ibuki, Balti.... all tech tree ships for the most part.

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

I know about the Helena and her epic fights with the "Tokyo Express." I just need a reason to do the grind I guess... 

Members
65 posts
13,234 battles

I like the IJN Mikasa. Wonky guns, but good secondarys (if you can get close enough).

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

Mikasa.  I'm running a nearly 80% winrate and 3:1 K/D on that p.o.s.  lol  

Other, less-extreme examples would be the Hood, (which people seem to find weak for reasons I cannot fathom) and Asashio, (which has prompted randoms to chat such things as "well this is a loss" right at the start of a match.)

Granted, I don't find either ship to be weak, but I suppose some people do?  I don't know. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,197 posts
12,716 battles

Musashi.

I mean, before it was introduced the whole forum went on and on about how useless and meaningless it was going to be, right?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,835 posts
1,327 battles
31 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Kawachi is relaxing in its own way. Sail it like a unicum BB player, but at the end of the day every time you click the fire button it is like pulling the lever on a slot machine. Nobody expects a Kawachi to do anything, so I occasionally take it out to unwind.

Most of the US BB line before NC is considered trash by many...but Wyoming is still fun when I want to relax a bit.  12-gun shotgun.  Don't be in the way!  And the old tub is tough, even if it is slow.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,356 posts

Ships I've seen a lot of negative comments about, that I really like(d).

Konigsberg

Nuremberg

Yorck

New Orleans, especially the new version.

Wyoming

The old USN CV fighter loadouts

While not a ship I was super fond of, the old Pensacola was better for a tier 7 than the new Pens is for a tier 6.

Krasny Krym (the only ship I've ever scored from a crate)

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,835 posts
1,327 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Musashi.

I mean, before it was introduced the whole forum went on and on about how useless and meaningless it was going to be, right?

There's a lot of ships that are 'trash' by some, because they're not this, or that.  Especially any ship that doesn't have Soviet railgun shell arcs, which basically makes the whole US line 'trash' to some people.

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Musashi.

I wasn't one of those people...I had visions of what those high speed train cars were gonna do to Tier 7 cruisers...aaaaaannd then it happened... Ouch.. 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,310 posts
6,590 battles

I really loved Danae. She still holds my record for kills. I don‘t know, she was just right for me despite her pathetic armor.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,926 battles

Sims. 63% WR after 100+ battles, 49% server average.

No idea why.

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles
55 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

If you haven't yet, read up on the Helena, it will make you appreciate her even more.

I enjoy playing most of the ships that are considered less than average. Ibuki, Balti.... all tech tree ships for the most part.

Isn't Baltimore considered to be a very strong ship?

Beta Testers
541 posts
2,896 battles

mutsu.... people play it wanting citadels, shes only gonna cit a cruiser, you want the big boy damage, pick a BB aim for superstructure and wrack up 16-20k dmg per salvo

[NGA]
Members
1,288 posts
7,816 battles

I'm just gonna say it, I love me Colorado. I never felt comfortable in the Nagato, but damn did I love driving the Colorado, to the extent that playing the NC felt like a downgrade. Of course, I've felt a special disdain for the Nagato ever since I fought a pair of them in my Fuso on Ocean and (with only a little support from a Cleveland) killed them both.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,926 battles
Just now, epojokke said:

I kind of like the Belfast...

it's not normally considered a "garbage" boat, though...

Having said that, it is when I play it!  :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,806 posts
10,590 battles

Boats I actually like others deadpan huh? Hmmm, let me think...

• Emerald
  • Konigsberg
  • Hood
  • New York
  • Omaha
  • The old T7 Pensacola (hate the new T6 heavily nerfed version)
  • Abruzzi
  • Ashitaka
  • Mutsu
  • Colorado 
  • Blyskawica (see a lot of people beat up on it since removal of OWSF - I love it)

All I can think of at moment. I tend to like many others don't and hate those many love so...:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2