You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

American Cruiser Collection

Cruiser ARC Completed ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Have you completed the American Cruiser Collection

• I finished ages ago ... what have YOU been doing?
    • Still grinding it out ... I like to savor the slow buildup to completion.
    • Bacon

38 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
198 posts
5,578 battles

I know this was brought up a week or so ago, but it feels like it's taking forever to get tokens in the Daily Containers ... and there's a lot of dups.  I normally get 2 containers a day, but only see a token out of every 2 or 3 containers.  I know, it's just anecdotal  info ... still need 2 more unique or 6 more duplicates to finish it up.  And I may have been out of town at the start, can't remember for sure. Did you have better luck?

Screenshot_1.png

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I know this was brought up a week or so ago, but it feels like it's taking forever to get tokens in the Daily Containers ... and there's a lot of dups.  I normally get 2 containers a day, but only see a token out of every 2 or 3 containers.  I know, it's just anecdotal  info ... still need 2 more unique or 6 more duplicates to finish it up.  And I may have been out of town at the start, can't remember for sure. Did you have better luck?

Screenshot_1.png

Just use your duplicates to finish it out.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,465 posts
2,405 battles

I got within 6 unique before I got enough dups to finish it up.  Now I'm back to Yomamoto Collection, which does seem to be progressing s l o w l y.

BTW, congratulation on a Bacon-flavored poll in which I did not feel the need to vote for my favorite food group.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
275 posts
13,064 battles

I finished it about a week ago, playing mostly co-op.  The last leg was actually pretty easy, because the aircraft carrier missions could be done rather quickly.

Members
4,826 posts
5,599 battles

I used duplicates to unlock the sub collections I wanted the rewards from. Once I did that, I just let the items come when they come. I think I'm down to needing one more unique item to finish the whole collection, and I have a ton of duplicates again, but I'd rather have the credits the dupes turn into, so I'm in no rush to complete the collection, lol.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,465 posts
2,405 battles
9 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I finished it about a week ago, playing mostly co-op.  The last leg was actually pretty easy, because the aircraft carrier missions could be done rather quickly.

No no no.  Not the Campaign, the Collection.  Two different things.  (I'm not even trying the Campaign.)

[A_51]
Members
275 posts
13,064 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

No no no.  Not the Campaign, the Collection.  Two different things.  (I'm not even trying the Campaign.)

You're right, my mistake.  FWIW, I finished the collection some time ago without any trouble and no money out-of-pocket.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

40/48, 38 duplicates.  So, two more collection items, duplicate or not, and I'm done.  Yeah this took a while.

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

I finished this morning. That Cleveland camouflage almost feels like a punishment it's so gaudy. At least it's free.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles

I got lucky with mostly new items in the American collection. I only have the Yamamoto campaign left, thank you Arsenal crates, so I'm just waiting on the final pieces to arrive on their own.

UYkWMfh.jpg

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,555 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Screenshot_1.png

let's see. 39 duplicates can get you 7 collection items, with a remainder of 4 dups, but you need 9 to finish the collection...damn you're close

6 more duplicates, and the collection is done.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[SIMP]
Members
833 posts
8,467 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Screenshot_1.png

I am in the same situation, lots of dups, sparse drops, you don't really get anything crazy with it, so I am ok with it being that way.

Edited by _cthulhu_

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,555 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I got lucky with mostly new items in the American collection. I only have the Yamamoto campaign left, thank you Arsenal crates, so I'm just waiting on the final pieces to arrive on their own.

UYkWMfh.jpg

Oh my gosh, WHY? 10 duplicates will leave you 58 converted into credits for 870,000 credits total... Finish the collection already.

Of course, to each their own.

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Oh my gosh, WHY? 10 duplicates will leave you 58 converted into credits for 870,000 credits total... Finish the collection already.

Of course, to each their own.

Because then I will stop getting duplicates in the daily crates. I might was well let the duplicates accumulate until the collection finishes on its own. If I get the next two items in my next two boxes, then my 68 dupes will be 1.02M credits. If I just let them keep accumulating, I have no other collections to work on, that is just 15k more credits per dup. I still have 58 T7+ tech tree ships, not including the UK DDs, to buy, so I need all the credits I can get.

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles

I only have item remaining and have... several duplicates.  But I'm in no hurry. I already have a permacamo for the Cleveland from the  sale before the split.  My captain has moved on to the Worcester. So completing the collection basically just gets me... a flag.  Would rather let the credits build up.  Over 1.5M now.  Will wait as long as it takes. 

wowsacc.jpg

[WOLFC]
Members
198 posts
5,578 battles
9 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I only have item remaining and have... several duplicates.  But I'm in no hurry. I already have a permacamo for the Cleveland from the  sale before the split.  My captain has moved on to the Worcester. So completing the collection basically just gets me... a flag.  Would rather let the credits build up.  Over 1.5M now.  Will wait as long as it takes. 

wowsacc.jpg

I think you may have the record for duplicates ... so far.  But maybe that's another thread. 

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,937 battles
52 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Because then I will stop getting duplicates in the daily crates. I might was well let the duplicates accumulate until the collection finishes on its own. If I get the next two items in my next two boxes, then my 68 dupes will be 1.02M credits. If I just let them keep accumulating, I have no other collections to work on, that is just 15k more credits per dup. I still have 58 T7+ tech tree ships, not including the UK DDs, to buy, so I need all the credits I can get.

yeah totally agree with this, why finish a collection when it can be a revenue stream!

edit: spelling fish for finish ??

Edited by verkhne

[TF-64]
Members
376 posts
12,809 battles
16 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

wowsacc.jpg

And I thought I was running lots of dupes at 90something. Be a nice payout once you complete it. This is the only collection I haven't completed so not in a rush to spend the dupes. I can wait for the credits. 

[WOLF9]
Members
42 posts
3,617 battles

Thank you for pointing out the value of duplicates.  I of course used duplicates to finish both the Yamamoto and the American Cruiser collections.  I didn’t even realize I was throwing away value.  As a non-premium account player I sure could use more credits.

Members
1,157 posts
6,936 battles

bad luck eh? IDK.  i could use the credits.  if its 50k per dup, i think i have almost 6.5 mil credits here.

0291A4945DAC2D4B251B29A24ABB6BD229CA98EA

edit : just looked it up myself.   a little under 2 mil credits then. 

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
4 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

bad luck eh? IDK.  i could use the credits.  if its 50k per dup, i think i have almost 6.5 mil credits here.

0291A4945DAC2D4B251B29A24ABB6BD229CA98EA

IIRC, all the collections duplicates are 15,000 credits each.