You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Max_T

brit dd

19 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
463 posts
6,682 battles

can i get a brit dd doing dunkurk missions. i did all i could do in the royal navy missions with out a brit dd . no ship, no mission to get one

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,875 battles

You can get one via a container; gives an easy xp mission and you will receive the ship(T5 through T8)+3 pt commander.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
463 posts
6,682 battles

i cant get any more via royal navy event till i get a brit  dd

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
46 minutes ago, Max_T said:

can i get a brit dd doing dunkurk missions. i did all i could do in the royal navy missions with out a brit dd . no ship, no mission to get one

2 minutes ago, Max_T said:

i cant get any more via royal navy event till i get a brit  dd

A whole new Stage starts Wed with 4 more Directives. There will be 4 Directives a week for the 12 weeks of the RN Event.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/170444-psa-rn-event-sovereigns-guineas-missions-directives-stages-dates/

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles

Several people have commented that they did the directives and didn’t get a mission to earn a DD. I got 2, some got them all, some got none.. I know there will be more directives coming, but some getting left out on the first creates confusion, I think.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
29 minutes ago, Thornir said:

some getting left out on the first creates confusion, I think.

The missions to unlock the British DDs are a rare and random drop in the Containers. So most people will not get them.

I'm actually surprised how many people did get them. Seems like every DD in Co-op and Randoms are British already. So lots of people did get them.

I just hope I get one real soon. Already opened the first 12 containers so I'll have to wait till next week.

Regarding @Thornir's comment: I'm not confused but I really don't like being left out.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
46 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

The missions to unlock the British DDs are a rare and random drop in the Containers. So most people will not get them.

I'm actually surprised how many people did get them. Seems like every DD in Co-op and Randoms are British already. So lots of people did get them.

I just hope I get one real soon. Already opened the first 12 containers so I'll have to wait till next week.

Regarding @Thornir's comment: I'm not confused but I really don't like being left out.

Well, I'm glad for you. Seems from the comments I hear in here and in game that it is confusing for many. :Smile_honoring:

Members
569 posts

The whole Directives reward system is flawed.... Yes a player can do what is necessary to open the hall of fame without British DD's... Only thing that is lacking is the RNG of earning a Mission to Get the British DD's early. I feel WG should have guaranteed one mission for a British DD in the first week of the Arc missions. Also the ability do go back to each Directive as the Arc progresses so the OCD players can "Finish".

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles

For anyone confused, I tried to break it down simply here. (I know you already went there Thornir, but if anyone else is confused and hasn't found it.)

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
Just now, _Lord_Scott_ said:

The whole Directives reward system is flawed.... Yes a player can do what is necessary to open the hall of fame without British DD's... Only thing that is lacking is the RNG of earning a Mission to Get the British DD's early. I feel WG should have guaranteed one mission for a British DD in the first week of the Arc missions. Also the ability do go back to each Directive as the Arc progresses so the OCD players can "Finish".

You get 3 RN crates each Directive without a UK DD and 12 for the week. Those crates drop the same early access UK DD missions as the crates in the shop.

aSAV0DS.jpg

Members
569 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You get 3 RN crates each Directive without a UK DD and 12 for the week. Those crates drop the same early access UK DD missions as the crates in the shop.

aSAV0DS.jpg

You Fail to read the complaints of those who have not received the Missions in the first week. The "Shop" needs "Cash". Which Some players Can't get their Moms spring for such extravagances.

Yes you can spend your Sov's @12 for 1 or 60 for 5 to get extra crates but you will lose the opportunity to get the Warspite or Bert  first. 

If WG just gave "One" Guaranteed DD mission to each Player that played the reaction to the dilemma of "I didn't get a early access British DD"Would be nonexistent .

Just like the Co-OP player coalition always wants more doable Missions for the game mode. It is only "Fair" 

• Boring 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,866 battles

One sure way to get a Brit DD is to play the "Premium Shop" mode. Select Gallant or Cossack and select "Purchase" with credit card in hand.

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
6 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

You Fail to read the complaints of those who have not received the Missions in the first week. The "Shop" needs "Cash". Which Some players Can't get their Moms spring for such extravagances.

Yes you can spend your Sov's @12 for 1 or 60 for 5 to get extra crates but you will lose the opportunity to get the Warspite or Bert  first. 

If WG just gave "One" Guaranteed DD mission to each Player that played the reaction to the dilemma of "I didn't get a early access British DD"Would be nonexistent .

Just like the Co-OP player coalition always wants more doable Missions for the game mode. It is only "Fair" 

I see the complaints and have not failed to read them. I would have like a bunch of SCs for the 3rd Anniversary, but only got one as I have 1 T10, perfectly fair. I would have loved to have completed the bonus missions with Adm Graf Spee when it came out to get a bunch of T6 ships and perma-camos, but I didn't have the spare cash for Graf Spee or the skill to grind Graf Spee quick enough, perfectly fair. I didn't whine about he got that, why didn't I get it. I could have bought Graf Spee, but had other money priorities at the time. Everyone will not get everything for free. Buy Cossack if you want to complete those two to 6 UK Missions in a week. Or just keep collecting crates and hope for favor from RNGsus. Or just wait until Oct 17th and the full UK DD line will be out and complete all the Missions in those 4 Stages.

The Co-op coalition just wanted to be included and WG heard us and we are. It helps the PvP mains as well as they can do the hard to do tasks in co-op as well. For example, the "In 2 battles, join the top 3 among both teams by experience received" Mission is easy in co-op, but not so easy in PvP. Or the 15 wins component task of the Unique Upgrades missions.

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
11 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

One sure way to get a Brit DD is to play the "Premium Shop" mode. Select Gallant or Cossack and select "Purchase" with credit card in hand.

Cossack would be better than Gallant. Two of the six UK DD missions each week are T7+.

Members
569 posts
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I see the complaints and have not failed to read them. 

The Co-op coalition just wanted to be included and WG heard us and we are. 

Is this not the same? Asking for "One" DD Mission for the early access to the Brit DD line for "ALL" players?

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
4 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

Is this not the same? Asking for "One" DD Mission for the early access to the Brit DD line for "ALL" players?

No, it is not. Co-op used to be excluded all together See the Yamamoto and Shinonome campaigns. In the Halsey campaign, we got two missions of the eight to ten missions that can be completed in Co-op and we are happy with that. 

You can complete ALL four Directives without a UK DD. Nineteen of the 25 missions can be completed without a UK DD. Twenty-three of the 25 missions can be completed without a T7+ UK DD. T6 Gallant has been on sale multiple times for over a year. She has been on sale for doubloons in game. Both Gallant and Cossack are on sale now. You can get a T5+ UK DD mission in the crates you earn in game, so you don't have to spend any money at all. On Oct 17th, the full UK DD line will come out, so you can do 2/3 of the RN event with a UK DD for free. So, no. You are comparing apples to oranges.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,475 battles
2 hours ago, Thornir said:

Several people have commented that they did the directives and didn’t get a mission to earn a DD. I got 2, some got them all, some got none.. I know there will be more directives coming, but some getting left out on the first creates confusion, I think.

I've received and opened every single RN container available through the first four directives, and also bought 10 premium containers, and only came out of it with Acasta, and that was in a purchased container not a free one.

The probabilities here seem rather tweaked to the low end compared to the way it was with the French BB's. I got all 4 of those with the free containers, and in rather short order.

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
15 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I've received and opened every single RN container available through the first four directives, and also bought 10 premium containers, and only came out of it with Acasta, and that was in a purchased container not a free one.

The probabilities here seem rather tweaked to the low end compared to the way it was with the French BB's. I got all 4 of those with the free containers, and in rather short order.

You got lucky with the French BBs then. It took me until the French BB event was almost over to get that last BB mission from the free containers. And I bought some containers to get the first two BB missions.

Edited by Kizarvexis
forgot almost

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
50 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Cossack would be better than Gallant. Two of the six UK DD missions each week are T7+.

I just rambled on about the logic of buying the Cossack in another thread. I'd be interested what people think:

TLDR: If you buy the Cossack now for real money, and you're going to win enough Guineas to get Dubloon  compensation for her, then you're buying 9600 Dubloons at $6 more expensive than you could otherwise, but you're getting other stuff for that $6.

In other words: you can spend $6 to eliminate the frustration of not being able to complete everything without a British DD.

• Cool 1