You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vulgarr

CV Rework Part 2

12 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
303 posts
6,749 battles

In case you missed the new footage that we CC's received from Wargaming this past week, here it is.

• Cool 3

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
7,100 battles

thanks Vulgarr. 

So, CV rework = a cross between :

1. 1980s arcade space invaders slot machines (just press the left/right buttons to dodge the mean aliens flak until you get in range of the big bad boss ship, then unleash your sekret weapons.)
  2. Warcraft carpet flying mount, except it is even simpler, without complex goblin wizard altitude controls
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles

Fire and flooding is still an issue and those rockets are insane

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Fire and flooding is still an issue and those rockets are insane

Not sure why you think they are insane, they look to be incredibly weak and a lot of work for minimal damage. 

Love how those DB's pull negative G's, those pilots would pass out lol.

They've certainly toned down the damage capability, Midways are capable of pulling 80k in one launch cycle instead half the match. Perhaps this is due to facing T6 ships?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles
1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

Not sure why you think they are insane, they look to be incredibly weak and a lot of work for minimal damage. 

Love how those DB's pull negative G's, those pilots would pass out lol.

They've certainly toned down the damage capability, Midways are capable of pulling 80k in one launch cycle instead half the match. Perhaps this is due to facing T6 ships?

The tier 6 ships is probably part of it but they hammered that DD and got a fire on the first pass although the remaining passes were rather meh. I say that flooding is a problem because as long as that TB squadron stays in the area you can't use your DC to stop it

[POD]
Members
39 posts
3,561 battles

Well they have said all along that one of their goals was to lower alpha damage.  Still not sure why though, I have done more damage in my shimi with a single strike than I have ever been able to do in my midway.  

[1RD]
Members
551 posts
7 hours ago, Vulgarr said:

In case you missed the new footage that we CC's received from Wargaming this past week, here it is.

Mister Viking, thanks. But here is a clue for you, search youtube for WW2 air attacks of fleets..... or whatever works. The DD may have been moving, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would travel in a straight line. I'd have more faith in this WG propaganda if that DD was doing that any DD in WW2 worth his salt was doing... "evasive manoeuvres"

While I appreciate the CC's hard work, I'm disappointed in their reluctance to speak freely.

Q-JapBattleships-13-HT-Win12.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ASHIP]
Members
17 posts
5,118 battles

It still looks like they simplified and dumbed down CV play to work on consoles, all they really had to do to fix the Cvs was modify strafe so it wasnt so OP esp against new and or less skilled CV players, or just remove it.  This just look like MOBA game they modified to work in Warships

Edited by JamesZ28
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
570 posts
7,967 battles
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, HallaSnackbar said:

Well they have said all along that one of their goals was to lower alpha damage.  Still not sure why though, I have done more damage in my shimi with a single strike than I have ever been able to do in my midway.  

Exactly my point. I delete ships with my Colorado, Monty, Penzacola, Shimmy, etc by FAR more often than I do with my Midway. 

Edit:

But cool looking rework

Beta Testers
672 posts
6,104 battles
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, JamesZ28 said:

It still looks like they simplified and dumbed down CV play to work on consoles, all they really had to do to fix the Cvs was modify strafe so it wasnt so OP esp against new and or less skilled CV players, or just remove it.  This just look like MOBA game they modified to work in Warships

Agree. Unless WG trying to copy do is make it look another game I use to played that game is BattleStations; Pacific & Midway which that was a widows only when I played it. 

Members
2,005 posts
3,261 battles
On 10/11/2018 at 12:59 PM, TheHunter2_EAD said:

Agree. Unless WG trying to copy do is make it look another game I use to played that game is BattleStations; Pacific & Midway which that was a widows only when I played it. 

That's exactly what it reminded me of when I watched it - Battlestations Pacific - specifically one of the early missions where you're locked into flying a squadron of planes, unable to control your carrier. It was a crap mission to have to play thru, I can't imagine it's going to be any better trying to play that way in WoWs. 

Now, I'm willing to try having to control the planes attacks manually like this, but if other players can shoot at my CV then I have to be allowed full control over speed and steering, otherwise this is just an invitation for CV hunting DDs to have a field day. 

• Cool 1

[-XXX-]
[-XXX-]
Beta Testers
1 post
7,134 battles

Time to play and comment as needed. All concerns about the new gameplay for carriers should be noted - expand as you personally feel (with strong objections - if required) to improve the community.

WG can get a better insight to proceed or not.