Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Idea for a new PVE operation. :D

9 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

With the incoming introduction of the HMS Dreadnought, I and my clam mates thought it would be cool to have some sort of "Battle of Jutland" operation. :3 Maybe use the ocean map? Nothing over T4 and maybe have to defeat the German or British main fleet? Something like that? Low tiers are the most fun to play I think, games much more balanced and this would be an amazing battle to recreate. :)

Thoughts? Please keep is civil people. :P  

Edit: This would exclude CV's also. I guess just keep the ships that were built around the same time or in the battle itself. :) 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,224 battles
8 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

With the incoming introduction of the HMS Dreadnought, I and my clam mates thought it would be cool to have some sort of "Battle of Jutland" operation. :3 Maybe use the ocean map? Nothing over T4 and maybe have to defeat the German or British main fleet? Something like that? Low tiers are the most fun to play I think, games much more balanced and this would be an amazing battle to recreate. :)

Thoughts? Please keep is civil people. :P  

Edit: This would exclude CV's also. I guess just keep the ships that were built around the same time or in the battle itself. :) 

You could do it in the Training Room with 10 a side and see how it goes. I'm not sure how it would go as a PvE op, since those can only feature seven ships (or at least they have to date; I know the Space Battles thing had nine, but that was its own separate mode).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
551 posts
3,605 battles

I was in the battle of Jutland just the other day.  Co-op game with 8 BBs.  It was pretty fun.

I would also like to see a low tier op actually based on Jutland.  Tier 6 and below.  Got to take in my Warspite

I'd like to see one based on the exploits of Taffy 3 as well.

[4HIM]
Members
1,798 posts
4,058 battles

Well, with so many Allied only Ops (Dynamo, Hermes, Cherry Blossom) we need some Axis Ops.  So perhaps Jutland could be an Axis Op.

Barring that, perhaps a version of the Channel Dash for the Axis.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
2 hours ago, Rekkoff said:

With the incoming introduction of the HMS Dreadnought, I and my clam mates thought it would be cool to have some sort of "Battle of Jutland" operation.

HMD Dreadnought did not participate in the Battle of Jutland; she was being refitted. (Reading is so freakin' OP that it ain't even funny no more.)

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

HMD Dreadnought did not participate in the Battle of Jutland; she was being refitted. (Reading is so freakin' OP that it ain't even funny no more.)

That's nothing compared to Soviet ships taking part in Operation Dynamo. Blyskawica and Soviet DDs sailing together just doesn't make sense when Poland is partly under Soviet occupation and suffering from Soviet repressions.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,682 battles

I would like something like this. Get new players into the ops, and have mitigated rewards due to being easier. After all, if you're not even at T6 yet, 10k FXP or a 10 point captain is awesome!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
3 hours ago, Wolcott said:

That's nothing compared to Soviet ships taking part in Operation Dynamo. Blyskawica and Soviet DDs sailing together just doesn't make sense when Poland is partly under Soviet occupation and suffering from Soviet repressions.

The Soviet Union is dead; the Poles are under RUSSIAN occupation and suffering from RUSSIAN repressions. Though, granted, this probably doesn't make a helluva lotta difference to the Poles.

[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts
14 hours ago, Umikami said:

Very true, but it made me think of it. And it would be a fun OP to run. :)

Sign in to follow this