You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Teef_DaSaltyClown

This is getting ridiculous - banned for sayin' 'coop team'

53 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Beta Testers
77 posts
32,784 battles

WG, seriously reconsider penalizing a player with a 24hrs ban for saying something like this ONCE in a match. How is it possible? How is it rude or offensive? Obviously stating the fact that can't be undermined and reflects true performance of a a given team, CANNOT cause a ban! Why keep a chat window in the game altogether, when u are not allowed to express your opinion in a very soft and neutral way, so to say? ? Get rid of it, as it serves no purpose at all and only leads to crap like this...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 6

Members
126 posts
1,900 battles
10 minutes ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

when u are not allowed to express your opinion in a very soft and neutral way, so to say

It really is not that easy to get banned.  I suspect that you weren't being soft and neutral when communicating. 

Edited by Snarky_Wombat
  • Cool 6

Members
2 posts
1,822 battles

Sounds like the Carebear Mafia did not like what you had to say. No point in typing in general chat with overly sensitive people, I can handle whatever anyone says in chat, but there are special snowflakes that cannot and will report/tell on you in hopes of having the very thing that happened to you occur.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Saying negative things about your own team is never a bright idea.  Chances are some players on your team are actually trying their best to win despite your opinion.

• Cool 6

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles

The way the system works, It takes ALOT and I do mean ALOT to get a chat ban especially for 24 hrs. In order to get a ban you have to have a certain number of complaints in a certain number of games. IF you exceed the complaints vs the number of games you participate in, you're issued a 24 hr ban.

Now you can tell us the truth and provide us some "reading material" as to why you were ban. IF not o well its only 24 hrs... You will live. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[APOC]
Beta Testers
77 posts
32,784 battles

sersiously, all I said was 'coop' team

there was a div of three on my team too, they musta said 'hey lets ban that guy for our poor play' and so the reports accumulated to get me a 24 hrs ban... btw it was the FIRST game of the day, so no reports from previous games... sigh

Edited by _Teef_DaSaltyClown
  • Bad 4

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles
45 minutes ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

btw it was the FIRST game of the day, so no reports from previous games... sigh

You're not understanding. it doesn't matter if it was the first game, the system determines a ban based on accumulative number of complaints NOT just in one game but a certain number of games in a time span.  Even if the whole red team puts in complaints you still dont get a ban, HOWEVER

• Th must logical answer is, someone reported you to customer service with attachment evidence  of what you said and POOF! You were served the ban. If that is the case you're done you have no argument. 

So far, based on what your saying here in the forums and how the system is. The system is always right because *Its an Automatic system*

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

File a support ticket if you believe it was unwarranted.  Otherwise discussing bans on the forums is against the forum rules.

[PIZZA]
Members
22 posts
1,248 battles
2 hours ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

they musta said 'hey lets ban that guy for our poor play' 

Yeah, that's probably what they were saying.

[BNKR]
Members
417 posts
2,506 battles

That's...that's not how the chat ban system works. It takes more than one game of complaints.

C'mon, dude. We all know you're leaving out a few key details -- probably from previous games, perhaps? 

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles

It's just like real life. You said the wrong thing to the wrong guy, and him and his buddies knocked your virtual butt the fark out lol.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Funny 1

[DEP]
Members
167 posts
13,522 battles

the auto report system is broken as the radar. always has been. my guess is as they are too damn lazy to actually do it themselves it will remain like it is.  You can report anyone for anything. You can get banned because players don't like the way you play...all because they get their friends to report you. IMO if you cant tolerate a little foul language in chat you shouldn't be playing a war game, let alone be on the internet, and do not reproduce.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

Members
2,562 posts
12,434 battles
5 hours ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

WG, seriously reconsider penalizing a player with a 24hrs ban for saying something like this ONCE in a match. How is it possible? How is it rude or offensive? Obviously stating the fact that can't be undermined and reflects true performance of a a given team, CANNOT cause a ban! Why keep a chat window in the game altogether, when u are not allowed to express your opinion in a very soft and neutral way, so to say? ? Get rid of it, as it serves no purpose at all and only leads to crap like this...

Image result for i can feel your anger

[EQRN]
Members
343 posts
8,949 battles

I saw something “interesting” yesterday, someone says right off the bat, “harassment is not a game”.  Then typed some spiel from bully hunters, which I thought was defunct after their fiasco debut.  Anyhoo, the professionally oppressed are out there eager to have their feelings hurt.

• Cool 3

[WJDC]
Members
1,239 posts
7,577 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

You're not understanding. it doesn't matter if it was the first game, the system determines a ban based on accumulative number of complaints NOT just in one game but a certain number of games in a time span.  Even if the whole red team puts in complaints you still dont get a ban, HOWEVER

• Th must logical answer is, someone reported you to customer service with attachment evidence  of what you said and POOF! You were served the ban. If that is the case you're done you have no argument. 

So far, based on what your saying here in the forums and how the system is. The system is always right because *Its an Automatic system*

What he said... and further... there could well be coincidence here... if someone DID report the OP to support, it may well have taken 1/2/3 days for them to review and take action. So the ban hammer may not be timed to a current event. It could also be cumulative over days, where yesterday you got a bunch of notches on the ban hammer and the three guys is a division were the last straw.. ( how many camels died for this turn of phrase?)  The ban could have been from something said in chat days before.... AND... if the OP has a penchant for making "remarks" in chat, which I am guessing they do... well then... I know a couple of players that **regularly** suffer from chat bans...

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
3 hours ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

sersiously, all I said was 'coop' team

there was a div of three on my team too, they musta said 'hey lets ban that guy for our poor play' and so the reports accumulated to get me a 24 hrs ban... btw it was the FIRST game of the day, so no reports from previous games... sigh

Very likely. Division members are some how treated as individual reports when they shouldn't be.

[H_]
Members
795 posts

If you didn't violate any Code of Conduct rules, refute the ban and turn off your chat.   I am starting to because it takes too  much effort to physically type anyway and all lately players want to say is...............well, less than civil or polite or even anything to do with the match being played...

Edited by Asym_KS

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles
4 hours ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

they musta said 'hey lets ban that guy for our poor play'

Um... Poor Play reports do not result in a chat ban... "Misbehavior in Chat" reports do. Even then, for it to happen from a single game, all 23 players (since you can't report yourself) must report you for the same thing. Since the chances of all 23 players working together to chat-ban someone is so gosh darn low, it is reasonable to believe: This happened over the course of multiple games, across multiple days, in less than a month... I say less than a month, despite not knowing how long those reports remain active, before no longer applying to the ban-hammer, so don't take that part too seriously.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
8 hours ago, _Teef_DaSaltyClown said:

Blah blah blah.

You've probably been around to know that usually when these "ban system complaints" come around that mods aren't far behind with clarifications. Usually they add context to the "other side" of the story... 

How about you get ahead of this by posting the replay. After 30k battles you certainly have replays enabled.

Build your credibility since at a glance at the reactions to your OP you have little to none. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2