You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nero_Wolfe

British DD Mission

28 comments in this topic

[RNGRS]
[RNGRS]
Members
9 posts
3,132 battles

So I opened 15 Royal Navy crates in as many minutes and 25 or more in the last two days.  Are you sure there are DD missions in the crates?  At one time I wanted the Icarus but at this point all I want to do is sink them.  I will not be buying anything else for a while till I can recover from this.  As far as the British DDs go I am over any desire I had to own one so grateful for that.

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles

They're in there from what I've heard. I personally didn't get any premium containers because I feel like the price is way too steep to gamble on a ship that will be free in a couple months, and there isnt even a lot of loot in the actual containers. I feel like WG pulled a sneaky with this one. 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,027 battles

I received all four of them   hehehehehe……….. 

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles

Yeah, I hate to complain but the idea of randomly drawing a bonus mission to get a Destroyer makes me pretty angry. It was the same with the French Battleships. I've spent too much money just gambling on getting a mission to unlock a new ship. No more crates for me unless its Christmas or a single one to start a collection.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

Yeah, I hate to complain but the idea of randomly drawing a bonus mission to get a Destroyer makes me pretty angry. It was the same with the French Battleships. I've spent too much money just gambling on getting a mission to unlock a new ship. No more crates for me unless its Christmas or a single one to start a collection.

Agree: The should at least guarantee one DD after a certain number of crates. Like 10 from the store or 15 from the directive missions.

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,321 battles

Sorry to hear the bad luck :(.  They’re certainly there.  At least you can get some return off the Sovereigns.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles

There are no guarantees in this game. If you buy the premium crates, be prepared to lose the gamble and accept the flags, camo and Sovereigns you get as a consolation prize (and use the Sovereigns on more crates in the arsenal if you don't want to trade them for Warspite/Gallant). 

Personally I see no point in buying crates to have a small chance of unlocking what will ultimately be free-to-obtain ships. If they were premiums, yeah, I could see a point in taking a gamble (and during the Indy marathon, I did). But not here.

I got two destroyer unlocks (T5, T6) in two nights just by playing the game. IMO you're on a fool's errand if you are throwing that much cash at them now. IIRC the missions are good till the end of 0.7.10, so wait till a week before the end (to give yourself enough time to grind out 16,000 base XP if you unlock Lightning) and see what free gameplay hands you.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are no guarantees in this game. If you buy the premium crates, be prepared to lose the gamble and accept the flags, camo and Sovereigns you get as a consolation prize (and use the Sovereigns on more crates in the arsenal if you don't want to trade them for Warspite/Gallant). 

Personally I see no point in buying crates to have a small chance of unlocking what will ultimately be free-to-obtain ships. If they were premiums, yeah, I could see a point in taking a gamble (and during the Indy marathon, I did). But not here.

I got two destroyer unlocks (T5, T6) in two nights just by playing the game. IMO you're on a fool's errand if you are throwing that much cash at them now. IIRC the missions are good till the end of 0.7.10, so wait till a week before the end (to give yourself enough time to grind out 16,000 base XP if you unlock Lightning) and see what free gameplay hands you.

Depending on the ships you own, it isn't a complete loss to buy the premium container. If you own the Warspite, the 150 tokens from the premium container let you buy her again while you finish at least 6 directives (You can do it with the first 4, but then you need a T7+ RN DD). So you get $30 worth in gold plus a nice stack of camos and signals that help you unlocking new ships.

Since I was lucky, I got 3 of them from 10 container. For me it was important to get at least T7. I'm not the biggest fan of low tier ships so this cut down the time (plus camos and signals) that I need to reach T10. I have the Lightning. I should have enough XP on her when the next patch hits to unlock T9 ASAP. And with nearly 900k free XP I may skip the T9 also. The Jutland gun arangement is... strange.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles

@Erebthoron - I have a personal policy of not paying real money for flags and camo. If I can get the Sovereigns in game for nothing, I prefer to do it that way. I have already decided to repurchase Warspite and use the gold to buy Premium camo for Neptune. If I can win enough Sovereigns before cash-out time, I might also do the same for Gallant. The other potential choice is Bert Dunkirk.

If I don't have enough by cash-in day, I will buy as many containers as I can if I haven't got all four unlocks yet (giving myself enough time to grind 16K Base XP in case I get the Lightning mission).

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles

You can get the UK DD missions from the containers you earn in game. There are 12 containers a week you can earn without a UK DD and there will be a total of 48 containers before patch 7.10 drops on Oct 17th. Then there will be another 48 containers you can earn that patch before Sovereigns are converted to credits on Nov 14th with patch 7.11.

aSAV0DS.jpg

Members
93 posts
855 battles

I received the icarus with a regular container yesterday.

btw, do get to keep those DDs after the line will be released, cause my battle stats from that DD don't show up in my overall player stats in game?

nvm i see them on the website.

Edited by iOSDeveloper

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
8 minutes ago, iOSDeveloper said:

I received the icarus with a regular container yesterday.

btw, do get to keep those DDs after the line will be released, cause my battle stats from that DD don't show up in my overall player stats in game?

nvm i see them on the website.

Yep, you keep them The early access UK DDs act as premium ships until the full line is released on Oct 17th, patch 7.10. Then they revert to being a tech tree ship and you can use your XP to research the next UK DD once the full line in released.

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,937 battles

also if you don't have a tier 7+ British DD you are potentially missing out on 12 premium crates from locked achievements with a 36 to 40 dollar value!

achievements/mission/directive ??

Edited by verkhne

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
10 minutes ago, verkhne said:

also if you don't have a tier 7+ British DD you are potentially missing out on 12 premium crates from locked achievements with a 36 to 40 dollar value!

achievements/mission/directive ??

Kind of offsets the cost of buy Cossack in the shop for $43.53.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,315 posts
13,032 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Actually, the only reason I could see to buy premium crates is to get a jump start on the event and maybe save some time/grief/aggravation later on :)

How much time do you have and how fat is your wallet …  it's always the same trade-off and every person will give a different answer.

The directives for UK DDs disappear soon apparently along with the rewards/crates, so without a UK DD that's a loss. How valuable is a T7/8 vs a T5/6 … I have no idea but I'm sure it adds up :)

Maybe getting the lower tier DDs out of the way early gets you into a T7/8 sooner? I really wish they would publish the odds and policy on repeat missions :)

Since you can buy crates with sovereigns with +5 return there is a compounding effect - this means more at the start is better than more at the end

Edited by Commander_367

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,937 battles
59 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Kind of offsets the cost of buy Cossack in the shop for $43.53.

But what is value of Guinea's then?

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,111 battles

Ya the other problem is that two or three of the missions in the British thing require a tier 7 or 8 dd. Sorry I got all the other missions done that give containers and no dds. I have the Gallant and the Campletown and neither of them will do for those missions.

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
6 minutes ago, verkhne said:

But what is value of Guinea's then?

10 for $0.99 one time deal or $0.99 each. Guineas will be converted to credits on Jan 9th, if you have any left over. We do not know the exchange rate for Guineas to credits. Buy Cossack for cash and then buy Cossack again for Guineas and get 9,600 doubloons.

TID1YRX.jpg

2 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Ya the other problem is that two or three of the missions in the British thing require a tier 7 or 8 dd. Sorry I got all the other missions done that give containers and no dds. I have the Gallant and the Campletown and neither of them will do for those missions.

There is one Directive III Mission and one Directive IV Mission that requires a T7+ UK DD. For this patch, that means getting lucky with an early access mission or buying Cossack. You can complete all the Directives without using any UK DDs. On patch 7.10, Oct 17th, the full UK DD line will be released.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,315 posts
13,032 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There is one Directive III Mission and one Directive IV Mission that requires a T7+ UK DD. For this patch, that means getting lucky with an early access mission or buying Cossack. You can complete all the Directives without using any UK DDs. On patch 7.10, Oct 17th, the full UK DD line will be released.

When do the current directives disappear/get replaced?

2 days with hall of fame thing?

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
21 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

When do the current directives disappear/get replaced?

2 days with hall of fame thing?

The current Stage ends Tuesday, most likely at 7am EST (4am PST).

Stage 2 with 4 new Directives starts on Wed, Sep 26th at 7am EST (4am PST) and end the next Tuesday, Oct 2nd, most likely at 7am EST (4am PST). And repeats until the last Stage ends on Dec 11th, most likely at 7am EST (4am PST).

Edited by Kizarvexis
formatting
  • Cool 1

Members
698 posts
10,480 battles

Working on Jervis now, need 14,000 base XP. What is "base XP" and can it be boosted with flags, or other multipliers like camo ? Or is base the XP you get prior to boosts from premium time, flags, and camo ?

[CAST]
Members
1,195 posts
7,346 battles

Base XP is the value you see on the post game team line-up screen.  They are the base value before any boosts.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles
20 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The current Stage ends Tuesday, most likely at 7am EST (4am PST).

I will be working like a dog tonight trying to complete Directive 4 (Sunday was not kind). I will almost certainly not complete all the available tasks, so I should be in a position Tuesday night to tell you what the score is (even if that is merely adding one more datum to the pile).

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
18 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

At least these Bloke captains are hot swappable LRUs.

The early access DDs can take a captain without retraining until patch 7.10 drops on Oct 17th. Then they revert to being a normal tech tree ship.