You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

Hall of fame points

23 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles

The top player as of this posting has 8000-8 frikin thousand-points in the hall of fame for the British DD event.

I have been playing off and on throughout the day and have 1600 points.

How in all that is holy do you get 8000 points in one day?

The skill level must be really really high for this game or something is fishy.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles
5 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

The top player as of this posting has 8000-8 frikin thousand-points in the hall of fame for the British DD event.

Some people have terminator levels of stamina and play 30+ battles a day.  Couple that with someone also being skilled and the points add up.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,922 posts
10,733 battles
9 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

We earn fewer points for Co-op games and if the leader has a lot of Randoms where he/she did really well and got a lot of achievements and such they can really get points. Don't compare your standing/points if you only play Co-op. You would have to play more games in a day than the hours allow to be able to compete with the points PVP earns.

Everything you do in a PVP game that gives points do so at double the rate of a Co-op game. Plus the achievements really add points. 1 Heroic Achievement at T10 in PVP earns 160 points and an Honorary Achievement earns 80. If you won a T10 Co-op game and sunk all 8 red bots you could only earn 120 points in total and we don't have any achievements to earn even though it lists them in the rules.

So don't get discouraged or upset. It is how this game works. PVP always earns more. It is what it is. IF you are playing PVP too it just means that leader is doing really well on top of the better point rewards for PVP.

And I am NOT complaining before anyone says anything. Just trying to explain the situation to the person.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles

lets do some maths-lets say the leader, same person who hasn't taken a break and now has over 10,000 points-is getting a win every other match in tier 10 randoms (that's how it normally works for me, *your experience may vary)

and that they are sinking at least one ship per victory, so earning 100 points every other match played. Now let's throw in an achievement here and there, each one is 80 points.

10,000 divided by 80 is 125. 80 times say 30 is 2,400 points. Now I'm just taking guesses here of course but this person would have to play at least 300 matches in the last 24 hours to have that amount of points.

Granted that is a low estimate. Each match taking around 10 or so minutes as well. My normal night is worth 1600 points so imagine the amount of playing this individual is doing!

Edited by Rabbitt81

[PVE]
Members
5,678 posts
18,265 battles

Yeah I looked at the leaderboard today. The top 100 player scores are big numbers for sure. I am content to be "Golden" with a shot at "Diamond" and think I will go for it so I can get the extra crate oil. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,922 posts
10,733 battles
1 hour ago, Rabbitt81 said:

lets do some maths-lets say the leader, same person who hasn't taken a break and now has over 10,000 points-is getting a win every other match in tier 10 randoms (that's how it normally works for me, *your experience may vary)

and that they are sinking at least one ship per victory, so earning 100 points every other match played. Now let's throw in an achievement here and there, each one is 80 points.

10,000 divided by 80 is 125. 80 times say 30 is 2,400 points. Now I'm just taking guesses here of course but this person would have to play at least 300 matches in the last 24 hours to have that amount of points.

Granted that is a low estimate. Each match taking around 10 or so minutes as well. My normal night is worth 1600 points so imagine the amount of playing this individual is doing!

Current Leader at this time has 11,420 point. It has been possible to get into the HOF now for 2 days (started yesterday when 4th stage of part 1 could be completed so while only 24 hours that is 2 days of playing) so average 5710 points p/day.

So win a battle and kill 1 ship comes to 100 points. But what if they had say 3 or 4 kills? What if they get a couple achievements? It could add up fast. Let say a player in a T10 won a match, got a Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, and First Blood. Not a common game but not crazy rare either. There is also Arsonist and Witherer that could be thrown in to replace or even add to the list. But let's go with what I listed. So...

1. T10 Win = 80 Points
  2. Sink 5 = 100 Points
  3. Kraken = 160 Points
  4. High Caliber = 160 Points
  5. Confederate = 160 Points
  6. 1st Blood = 80 Points
  7. Total = 740 Points

Wouldn't take long to get 5K in points at 700+ a game. Now I realize that 700+ is a lot but would say 400-500 a game for a good player really be so outrageous? If someone could even average 300 points p/ game it would only take 19 games to get the 5710.

I don't think the leader(s) has tons of game. I think the leader(s) has quite a few and in those they are doing really well and racking up points via multiple kills and achievements.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,922 posts
10,733 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I looked at the leaderboard today. The top 100 player scores are big numbers for sure. I am content to be "Golden" with a shot at "Diamond" and think I will go for it so I can get the extra crate oil. 

I would be happy with Golden as well. Almost there right now. Not feeling well though so not playing a lot and with Co-op unable to earn points at the rate PVP can I may not because I won't be able to put the game #'s in..

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles
25 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Current Leader at this time has 11,420 point. It has been possible to get into the HOF now for 2 days (started yesterday when 4th stage of part 1 could be completed so while only 24 hours that is 2 days of playing) so average 5710 points p/day.

So win a battle and kill 1 ship comes to 100 points. But what if they had say 3 or 4 kills? What if they get a couple achievements? It could add up fast. Let say a player in a T10 won a match, got a Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, and First Blood. Not a common game but not crazy rare either. There is also Arsonist and Witherer that could be thrown in to replace or even add to the list. But let's go with what I listed. So...

1. T10 Win = 80 Points
  2. Sink 5 = 100 Points
  3. Kraken = 160 Points
  6. 1st Blood = 80 Points
  7. Total = 740 Points

Wouldn't take long to get 5K in points at 700+ a game. Now I realize that 700+ is a lot but would say 400-500 a game for a good player really be so outrageous? If someone could even average 300 points p/ game it would only take 19 games to get the 5710.

I don't think the leader(s) has tons of game. I think the leader(s) has quite a few and in those they are doing really well and racking up points via multiple kills and achievements.

Sinking a ship per match isn't repeatable. There's no double and triple points for it. The rest are achievements. And yes I factored for that in my math, albeit on the low side. The leader now has 12,000 points but the really odd thing is the lead, I will explain.

Every player below them is within a reasonable spread of the next player but when you get to number one and two there is a 3,000 point gap.

Edited by Rabbitt81

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,922 posts
10,733 battles
48 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Sinking a ship per match isn't repeatable. There's no double and triple points for it. The rest are achievements. And yes I factored for that in my math, albeit on the low side. The leader now has 12,000 points but the really odd thing is the lead, I will explain.

Every player below them is within a reasonable spread of the next player but when you get to number one and two there is a 3,000 point gap.

Yes you earn the points for each ship sunk. It isn't just set points.

EDIT - so I went and played a game in T10 Gearing to show you., Sunk 2 ships. You get 10 pts for sinking a ship while playing a T10 ship in Co-op. I ended up with 20 points for sinking the 2 enemy ships in a T10. I thought initially it was points for sinking that tier ship so sink a T10 get 10, sink a T9 get 9, etc... But it is actually points awarded for sinking a ship while playing the specific tier. So 10 points for each ship sunk while playing a  T10, 9 points for each ship sunk while playing a T9, etc... Double the points awarded if in PVP these are Co-op #'s.

OyiEaVr.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,690 battles

Due to RNGesus there is no way any player can earn max points nearly every match.

I suppose a really good CV player could do well but at high tiers there are plenty of good CV players.

I could not imagine playing that many matches and still being able to perform worth a crap.

That is the idea of my post, just doesn't seem realistic that a player can get 12,000 points in that short of a time.

Edited by Rabbitt81

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,922 posts
10,733 battles
28 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Due to RNGesus there is no way any player can earn max points nearly every match.

I suppose a really good CV player could do well but at high tiers there are plenty of good CV players.

I could not imagine playing that many matches and still being able to perform worth a crap.

That is the idea of my post, just doesn't seem realistic that a player can get 12,000 points in that short of a time.

Well as I said just a 300 point average can do the 5K+ in 19 games.

[NNA]
Members
201 posts
5,753 battles

It can be a slog in Co-op to advance to the HOF. Played one game yesterday and went from 3/4 Bronze to about 1/2 Silver. Now I'm roughly 300 pts away from Gold. I'm hoping I can at least make it to Diamond. On another note, I've been checking out the names in the HOF, and I noticed that I don't recognize anyone in there. I'm sure that others may know some of these players, but I was kind of amazed not to see some of the more prolific contributors and well known players that I've seen in videos or even on the forum.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1. T10 Win = 80 Points
  2. Sink 5 = 100 Points
  3. Kraken = 160 Points
  6. 1st Blood = 80 Points
  7. Total = 740 Points

thanks for the math break down. And if we do the 5710 points a day, at say 500 points a battle, that's only 12 battles a day, that they need to play. That's at maximum 240 minutes (4 hours) of play, for those 12 battles. But I know that games can end sooner than 20 minutes, so in that 4 hour play session, you can have at best ( fastest game end I saw was 8 minutes, so I'll use for the "best case scenario"), 30 games in that same 4 hour period, at which point you only need 190 per battle, 191 every third... But again, that's ultimate best case scenario. Of course, this does not take into account the time it takes to go back to port, and click battle, or the time it takes to click "battle on."

But, I look at that and go: that is doable, even for a below average joe like myself.

[PVE]
Members
5,678 posts
18,265 battles

Nice job CableGuy! Really impressive score. To get those numbers I need 9 or 10 games, it is embarrassing.... 

Edited by Taylor3006

[-PVE-]
Members
117 posts
9,346 battles

Since I have no chance to make the top 100 in HOF, are there prizes for reaching the bronze,  silver and other levels? If so can someone list them or point to where they are listed?

[WUDPS]
Members
7 posts
5,422 battles
3 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

@cableguy2211 So are you playing all CVs? How many games have you played since Saturday? 

Not all CVs, but mostly.  As for how many games, too many.

Are there going to be multiple weekends of this thing going on?  Also, when does this round end?

[WUDPS]
Members
7 posts
5,422 battles

Another game from this weekend if y'all are wondering how I'm getting so many points.  Unfortunately I have to work today- still in first place though.

shot-18.09.23_16.13.00-0197.jpg

[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
37 minutes ago, cableguy2211 said:

Another game from this weekend if y'all are wondering how I'm getting so many points.  Unfortunately I have to work today- still in first place though.

shot-18.09.23_16.13.00-0197.jpg

So play a CV or don't play is all this is telling me.