Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Huanghe worth getting for $9.99?

16 comments in this topic

Members
233 posts
4,636 battles

Got the perth in a SC a month back and love playing it. Does the Huanghe play similar to the perth  I've heard a lot of conflicting about it?

[NUWES]
Members
1,664 posts
5,598 battles
1 minute ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Got the perth in a SC a month back and love playing it. Does the Huanghe play similar to the perth  I've heard a lot of conflicting about it?

That's what I heard. I got one in a supercontainer which I've never used. I wish I could give it to you.

[FART]
Members
100 posts
4,746 battles

I thought about it as well as I love the Perth, but only having a total of 6 guns was enough to say no for me. In addition, one of the best things about the Perth is the spotter plane, and unless I am mistaken the Huanghe doesn't have a way to spot for itself...so gimped guns, good torps but low health pool, short range and no way to spot for itself... just does not have what makes Perth so fun.

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,868 battles

It plays similar to perth but has differences. Same gun 152 mm so IFHE is a boon to it.

Same smoke, but better AA and has a torp reload, but its missing the 4 gun turret.

Overall though its a good DD, oops cruiser!

[SIDE]
Members
1,438 posts
35 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

No. It’s sh-1t. Won it twice from containers. Tried to like it. Tried to make it work. Only marginal in coop. Awful in random. Sold both times. Get some premium time instead.

Edited by thebigblue

[RLGN]
Members
8,285 posts
17,328 battles
14 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I find it to be a fun ship in COOP not sure how good it would be in random.

Not really that different than any other really squishy cruiser; but as others have said; it struggles outside of Co-op due to low DPM.

If you’re Ace Ventura; Bote Driver; then it can work in Randoms; but it’s more suited for Co-op.

I think I actually got mine in a Christmas Container though; so I can’t comment on the whole ‘worth it or not’ part.

i like it partly because it gives me a fourth PA ship; (Changan, Huanghe, Anshan, Lo yang,) without needing to bother with the destroyers.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,181 battles

I have both Perth and Huanghe. They play pretty much the same but the Perth is better. Huanghe suffers some from one less turret and no spotter but she is effective. Her torpedos only have a narrow spread - no single or wide spread. Both are very fun IMHO.

Yes, she is worth $9.99.

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

One of the only cruisers to have torpedo reload booster. I saw no one mention that. It is similar to Perth with it’s smoke consumable usually it is $23 something so it is worth picking up for $9.99 watch some YouTube reviews first though or read littlewhitemouse’s review on her. Wish Wargaming would give her a concleament buff at the very least. Conclealment build on her will work the best and of course play her defensively rather than offensively. 

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,361 battles

I watch a Flamu video and I still feel the Huanghe is way to squishy for my liking.

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles
4 minutes ago, _Marines said:

I watch a Flamu video and I still feel the Huanghe is way to squishy for my liking.

It needs a buff take main battery reload booster and slap it on as an option in the first or second consumable slot that may work or give it better concealment. It would be the first ship to have both Main battery reload booster and torpedo reload booster in different slots while being stealthy. It’s up to Wargaming at this point to buff it.

[OBS]
Members
133 posts
656 battles

how are you getting for 9.99?

nm i see it. i have a 10 point pan asian commaner sitting with no ship, time to get him a boat to drive. 

Edited by Mothermoy

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles
5 hours ago, cecill611 said:

I find it to be a fun ship in COOP not sure how good it would be in random.

I have only 15 random battles with HuangHe and didn't do too bad. She may only have 6 guns but they're damn good ones. Better than Perth's I think.

[PVE]
Members
5,645 posts
18,236 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

I have only 15 random battles with HuangHe and didn't do too bad. She may only have 6 guns but they're damn good ones. Better than Perth's I think.

I don't know the numbers but the guns on the HuangeHe seem better than Perth's anyway. I think they have better angles, been able to keep them on target a bit more than I can with Perth. Always seem to have one turret that can not shoot at something with the Aussie ship. It may just be me though.. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,587 posts
3,753 battles
39 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I don't know the numbers but the guns on the HuangeHe seem better than Perth's anyway. I think they have better angles, been able to keep them on target a bit more than I can with Perth. Always seem to have one turret that can not shoot at something with the Aussie ship. It may just be me though.. 

The Huang He guns are  not the same as Perth's, they are Budyonny ones.

Sign in to follow this