Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Avatar

game crashing at battle start

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

81
[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,671 battles

i have tried everything , even uninstalled and reinstalled game . everytime i load a battle it locks up and crashes at the battle countdown.

it gets a "critical error " that says something about big world encountering problem .

i took a SC to post but i now cant find it lol. any way , if anyone has some suggestions on a fix it would be appreciated , thanks

 

Screenshot (1).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts
3,696 battles

Here's a post from earlier this afternoon.  I don't know if it works yet. I'm having the same problem but it always locks up on the first game.  After that, it seems to be fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[POP]
Members
1,162 posts
15,028 battles
35 minutes ago, Captain_Avatar said:

i have tried everything , even uninstalled and reinstalled game . everytime i load a battle it locks up and crashes at the battle countdown.

it gets a "critical error " that says something about big world encountering problem .

i took a SC to post but i now cant find it lol. any way , if anyone has some suggestions on a fix it would be appreciated , thanks

 

let me guess you have the new game centre launcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
9 posts

change clan patch there is a bug with it several from our clan had same problem changed patch and all is fine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,671 battles
15 minutes ago, robf_1 said:

change clan patch there is a bug with it several from our clan had same problem changed patch and all is fine

 

ok i'll try it thanks

that worked !!!

now i just have to play 20 battles in co-op ony for " leaving matches early " penalty ..sighs...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
634
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
17 minutes ago, Captain_Avatar said:

ok i'll try it thanks

that worked !!!

now i just have to play 20 battles in co-op ony for " leaving matches early " penalty ..sighs...

 

I had the same issue, but, I force quit the process and was back playing in about 1 minute.  No pink!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,738 posts
789 battles

There seemed to be a number of really good pink players today in co-op.

Didn't leave much for the taters to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
634
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

What the hell is a "clan patch"?

For example:

image.png.e9ae3f00335d1c47e08e1dc3c2983e2d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

There are many bugs in game that will cause that crash to pop up. When you crash I force quit which instantly shuts down WOWs and then I immediately reopen WOWs and can be back in within 2 minutes or less. But the problems have gotten progressively more widespread, although some improvements have been made I think, hard to saw really. But there have been some Bugs off and on since December or even for some a August 2027 even. But the main ones have been since late December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
634
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles

I did try removing the clan patch.  I then closed the game client, and relaunched it.  No crash on first match.  That's not conclusive proof, but it points to it being an issue, especially with the changes to texture format/storage that came with this patch.

Definitely worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,210
[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles
2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

For example:

image.png.e9ae3f00335d1c47e08e1dc3c2983e2d.png

Oh, that.  I thought it was a software patch or something.  It's related to a bug?  Really?

 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

There are many bugs in game that will cause that crash to pop up. When you crash I force quit which instantly shuts down WOWs and then I immediately reopen WOWs and can be back in within 2 minutes or less. But the problems have gotten progressively more widespread, although some improvements have been made I think, hard to saw really. But there have been some Bugs off and on since December or even for some a August 2027 even. But the main ones have been since late December.

In the last month I've been getting "load locks" where you'll load into a game but never get off the load screen.  "Awaiting players" just expires with your little button unlit.  Gotta kill the client and restart.  Two+ minutes is about right to get back in, which in a slow BB can be a significant problem. 

Lock frequency has been running about once every six games recently.  I have no idea what info to provide WG to give them a clue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
634
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Oh, that.  I thought it was a software patch or something.  It's related to a bug?  Really?

0.7.9, the latest patch, came on Wednesday, had some changes to texture storage, etc., probably to help with the 'late appearing ships' issue with spotting.

So, custom skins caused issues.  I don't have any of those loaded, but, something with the clan patch backgrounds was causing crashes with the first match you entered after game client launch.  Removing the patch and using something w/o the clan name works fine to make that go away till they fix it.

If you have other things you're having trouble with, over the last month, I don't have anything but some conjecture.  I haven't had that particular issue, outside what I just mentioned with the clan patch in months except for two occasions.  I have seen that happen a couple times because I was downloading an update to another game while playing WoWS.  Then the match wouldn't finish loading.  That particular one is usually related to network latency or congestion, is my instinct, but I can't prove that, of course.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Oh, that.  I thought it was a software patch or something.  It's related to a bug?  Really?

 

In the last month I've been getting "load locks" where you'll load into a game but never get off the load screen.  "Awaiting players" just expires with your little button unlit.  Gotta kill the client and restart.  Two+ minutes is about right to get back in, which in a slow BB can be a significant problem. 

Lock frequency has been running about once every six games recently.  I have no idea what info to provide WG to give them a clue.

 

My Force quit and immediately reopening the game seems to work on the freezes, crashes, bad lag ect. Once in a while a battle will be totally consumed by such bugs and unplayable, but that is only in Randoms once a month or so, or with Narai Scenerio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,671 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My Force quit and immediately reopening the game seems to work on the freezes, crashes, bad lag ect. Once in a while a battle will be totally consumed by such bugs and unplayable, but that is only in Randoms once a month or so, or with Narai Scenerio. 

I tried the force quit it when the game crashed the first time . It did not work I couldn't even tab out.

PC locked completely up. The only way out was ctrl/alt/dlt. Also tried closing with task manager. 

Game didn't just crash on battle entry count down but also on the crates screen.

Tried to give a DEP exception to the game also .

Could not do it.

The removing the clan emblem patch did work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
107
[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,450 battles

This happens to me on the first game after I load in,every time,  drops me right out of the game. Not a huge deal as I'm back in less than a minute but annoying.

I will try changing the clan patch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,210
[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My Force quit and immediately reopening the game seems to work on the freezes, crashes, bad lag ect. Once in a while a battle will be totally consumed by such bugs and unplayable, but that is only in Randoms once a month or so, or with Narai Scenerio. 

I've been getting some stuttering during hectic periods but otherwise my game has been pretty stable. 

BTW, I used to wait and often would eventually load - sometimes after two or more minutes.  Nowadays I don't risk the cost of a wait plus a reload.

 

4 hours ago, Captain_Avatar said:

Game didn't just crash on battle entry count down but also on the crates screen.

Yeah.  One of our team had that happen last night.  He restarted the client a couple of times, but that didn't fix it.  After a cold reboot, it cleared up.  (Riddle me that.)

I don't know what patch he uses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
11 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I've been getting some stuttering during hectic periods but otherwise my game has been pretty stable. 

BTW, I used to wait and often would eventually load - sometimes after two or more minutes.  Nowadays I don't risk the cost of a wait plus a reload.

 

Yeah.  One of our team had that happen last night.  He restarted the client a couple of times, but that didn't fix it.  After a cold reboot, it cleared up.  (Riddle me that.)

I don't know what patch he uses.

 

I can recognize when an issue is starting within seconds and the force quit plus the reopening the game can actually save me some time and allow me to play better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
16 hours ago, Captain_Avatar said:

I tried the force quit it when the game crashed the first time . It did not work I couldn't even tab out.

PC locked completely up. The only way out was ctrl/alt/dlt. Also tried closing with task manager. 

Game didn't just crash on battle entry count down but also on the crates screen.

Tried to give a DEP exception to the game also .

Could not do it.

The removing the clan emblem patch did work. 

That is the nice thing about my using a MAC is the fact the force quit command is very powerful and swift, will drop a program instantly or within 2 seconds at the most. Then my WOWs can be easily reopened and usually I get back to buisiness a lot faster than other players when they face similar issues with the game. The safeguard on such a command is the 3 keys to pull up the force quit menu box and hitting enter key to confirm it. Since like I said it will halt a and shut down a program immediately and will show anything that is running as well, so quite handy to say the least.

Since you are using a PC, well first of course make sure your hardware is above the recommended requirements for the game and that your internet connections are good. Also with PCs doing games like WOWs you typically want to restart your PC about once a day or so, they can get a little confused or something otherwise. Lol I know a few tricks which is why I can tell when Wargaming has issues on their end because I keep things good on my end.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×