Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buckeyefan21x

I wish Wargaming would get rid of ranked battles

39 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Members
163 posts
6,611 battles

Reason for the title...

1. Its straight up cancerous!

2. Its way to stressful having to rely on people who are less skilled than you.

3. There hardly any team work since Wargaming doesn't have a dedicated VoIP in game

4. Games are suppose to be fun, playing ranked battles isnt fun at all. Really just want you want to uninstall the game.(no trollish comments are needed)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Word on the street is you can not play them if you think they are bad. That's just a rumor though.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

[BNKR]
Members
714 posts
727 battles

Maybe just don't play them? I know if I see a thing I don't like, I don't participate. That's me, though. Your mileage may vary.

• Cool 3

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,004 posts
4,445 battles

that's why clan battles exist,so you can play with people  that share your IQ.

ranked is the poor man "clan battle" except there is no clan involved and some  teams are filled with mouth breathers,glue drinkers,oxygen thiefs  and specimens with humanoid body and IQ of room temperature.

Edited by Cruxdei

[LOU1]
Members
3,063 posts
8,155 battles

Not sure WOWS should remove it, though.  As others have said, just don't play it.  Others like it, why stop them from playing it.  One person's irritant to be eradicated is another person's challenge to be overcome.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles
56 minutes ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

Reason for the title...

3. There hardly any team work since Wargaming doesn't have a dedicated VoIP in game

4. Games are suppose to be fun, playing ranked battles isnt fun at all. Really just want you want to uninstall the game.(no trollish comments are needed)

1.  Not always, but yes, sometimes.

2.  a) It's "TOO stressful", not "to stressful".  b) Not so much "stressful", as it stinks to be in a competitive mode where the outcome is so dependent on the luck of the MM draw in team formation.

3. I'm sorry, but voice chat would ratchet up the cancer by a factor of, like, x100.  There are trolls who would love nothing more than to fill the voice chat with their questionable tastes in "music".  Or who would yell at anyone who doesn't do exactly what they think should be done.  Or any number of other things.

4. Ranked can be fun on an individual battle basis.  However, it's FAR too grindy.  FAR too many battles are required to succeed in this mode.  And the "star based" advancement model is crap and needs to be tossed out entirely, in favor of an advancement model that is much more rewarding for individual achievement, since after all, you won't rank out as a team.  You rank out as an individual.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
6,666 posts
25,798 battles

Hint: don't like it, don't play it. Nobody is forcing you.

I play it for the loot. I always found it stressful in the past, quitting in exasperation fairly early (therefore I never made it past R10 and I played every Ranked season since the first one).

This time around I take it easy. I changed my attitude and do not care what Rank I attain. Just enjoy the loot, play only when I'm in the mood for it, and as there are several irrevocable ranks, I do not care if I lose as I can't get down past a certain  point. I keep trying different ships, see what works, win or lose I do not care. Do my best, and if the team sucks, (some do), so be it. A lot less stress if you don't care past your own performance, and even though I know what I'm doing and try to coordinate, if the teams sucks, ok then. There's always a next battle.

• Cool 2

Members
1,673 posts
8,240 battles
15 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Not sure WOWS should remove it, though.  As others have said, just don't play it.  Others like it, why stop them from playing it.  One person's irritant to be eradicated is another person's challenge to be overcome.

This :cap_like: i fully agree.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles

The only thing I don't like about ranked is once you achieve level 15 your done unless you have a tier 10 ship the bad point is WG is not selling any premium 10 ships for the event so your done!

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,883 posts
1,338 battles

You can just not play it if you don't like it...  

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,843 battles

The reason and cause of all the Rank stress and toxic players is the Star Progression system. Last night After winning several hard fought battles I had my progress nuked because MM put me on the teams full of the Save a Star farmers, and the Yolo Suicidal potatoes. Watching star after star disappear created a very angry bear that contemplated throwing the potatoes who costed me all those stars at WG. 

And the Save a star function of Rank is a band-aid on a gaping chest wound that causes more problems than it helps. 

7v7 save tier battles are a lot of fun. And I know I'm a better player for having taken part in them so often. Heck Rank has a decent set of maps this season to play on. 

But Rank will Always be a Grind fest of Cancer and Toxic players while the Star Progression system is still used. Why would you have a system that punishes players by taking way their progress just because they got unlucky with the MM and got placed on the team with all the bad players?  

The only players who should lose their progress in Rank are the serial AKF'ers and the Team Killers. If players are putting in the effort and preforming their best they should not be punished by losing their progression. 

• Cool 2

[-WPG-]
Members
815 posts
3,378 battles
17 minutes ago, CaptDavid said:

The only thing I don't like about ranked is once you achieve level 15 your done unless you have a tier 10 ship the bad point is WG is not selling any premium 10 ships for the event so your done!

WG doesn't sell any T10 premium ships period.  There's only 2. One is earned through coal, the other steel. 

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles

I get it not to worried as I'm days away from finishing up my grind to the next tier I don't think I will make this Rank event in time but next time for sure.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

Captain Ghostdog, Skip, Chief Butkuss and Ensign Pipi have sailed our ship into many ranked battles. Haven't always done well. Ranked is intense. Not for the average captain or crew. Skip, Chief Butkuss, Ensign Pipi and myself take out our crew of new pups and dogs before each season on training missions. The Captains and their crews of all ships do the same. You join and battle on no matter what your outcome.

• th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pidth?id=OIP.MuZkoZNrLvahOqs2X4SOEQHaFy&pidth?id=OIP.furMmKa2mWZlVUDiw95IdgHaE8&pidth?id=OIP.AEFCPvY5vxudMS0rs8XVqAHaFj&pid

Members
60 posts
10,644 battles

RedSeaBear I agree you see star savers and yoloist. Should it be rank be stressful, Yes. Make a wrong turn or step and you should pay heavenly. If WG want to reward good playing for your winning team then you get a star. If you are at the top of the team XP results and you have 2X the XP of the second place ship then you get 2 stars.

I run MM mostly to watch my own status (trying to get some of the emblems). A the end of the match I sometimes go looking at the status of my team mates. I have seen ships with 200-300 matches and they are struggling. Here are players taking tier X ships in to battle and losing. You wonder how they can sustain the play, but I guess that is what WG wants is to open up your wallet.

If in game chat is is bad the I can only imagine what voice comes would be like. WG need to expand the in game "B" key menu to add more options and choices.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
2 hours ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

Reason for the title...

so a game mode you don't have to ever play..... don't like it, don't play it...and you say WE should not troll???

you played `154 ranked games,

and got to rank 6

interesting...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
3,484 posts
6,184 battles

Who said you had to play it?  Just don't.play.that.mode.  That will fix all of your complaints.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

The reason and cause of all the Rank stress and toxic players is the Star Progression system. Last night After winning several hard fought battles I had my progress nuked because MM put me on the teams full of the Save a Star farmers, and the Yolo Suicidal potatoes. Watching star after star disappear created a very angry bear that contemplated throwing the potatoes who costed me all those stars at WG. 

And the Save a star function of Rank is a band-aid on a gaping chest wound that causes more problems than it helps. 

7v7 save tier battles are a lot of fun. And I know I'm a better player for having taken part in them so often. Heck Rank has a decent set of maps this season to play on. 

But Rank will Always be a Grind fest of Cancer and Toxic players while the Star Progression system is still used. Why would you have a system that punishes players by taking way their progress just because they got unlucky with the MM and got placed on the team with all the bad players?  

The only players who should lose their progress in Rank are the serial AKF'ers and the Team Killers. If players are putting in the effort and preforming their best they should not be punished by losing their progression. 

The lose a star system would suggest you were beaten by a lower ranked team, but since most teams are comprised of a relatively small spread, it doesn't make much sense.  The only drawback to losing should be not progressing, retrogression is a terrible way to go.  Unfortunately, the more battles it takes the more camo and signals you use.  That might lead some people to spending money, which is ultimately the goal.

[WORX]
Members
1,875 posts
12,936 battles
15 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Who said you had to play it?  Just don't.play.that.mode.  That will fix all of your complaints.

^^^ My argument would be, Why then would you hold an event that is not inclusive ? Ranked has been getting bad reviews for at least 3 season in a row. People want to play it, but its like you want to say hi to the popular girl but her friends are your worst enemy.

Ranked has to many bad things that for many over weighs the good, For example,

• Stingy rewards for the second season in a row compared to the amount of time/effort/work you actually put in.
  • The Star scoring system
  • Over Powered Tier 10 BBs
  • Maps that dont provide equal advantage for both teams.
  • Having half of the event at Tier 10

^^^^ All these points are making players feel excluded, THAT is NOT what you want in an INCLUSIVE event that is Ranked. IF more people follow your advice. Less people will make it to the top because of lack of participation in the critic Ranks in order to rank out.

I do hope they change Rank. Just remember boys you hear the word "competitive" or "tier 10" for the next season of Ranked. Its going to be deja vu/groundhogs day all over again.

Edited by Navalpride33

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles
5 hours ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

Reason for the title...

Real reason it is here is for competitive play outside of clan wars and a new format called sprint is being tested for tier 5 according to the devblog. Ranked now exists as one of the only ways to get steel outside of clan wars and supercontainers.

[TAFY3]
Members
353 posts
7,362 battles

Every season, I tell myself, "I'm gonna power through and rank out".  Every season I get tired of it and drop out. 

Edit:  It was really nice earning all those flags and steel though!

Edited by driedjello

[WOLFB]
Members
1,736 posts
8,298 battles

I don't think WG should remove ranked. I hate WG's ranked system, which doesn't reward good play but patience and stamina. All you have to do is keep playing until you find a team that is good enough to either not die too early or good enough to carry you. Ranked is just a random 7 vs 7 filled with salt and insult.

I don't like it, I just don't play it. Just ask yourself if whatever you want with Steel is worth your time. I want Flint but I know I can't always play CB when it's available and the ranked isn't worth spending time. 

[AR15]
Members
450 posts
2,982 battles

After first 2 seasons of ranked i had enough.  I just dont play it, so why dont you?  Not like the rewards are all that good for all that effort when you can get the flint and other ships from clanwars which is way less stress and 10x more fun.

Sign in to follow this