Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Analysis - The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005 @ 0x00FFFB51)

7 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,835 battles

I have been running into this problem quite a bit since update 0.7.9

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005 @ 0x00FFFB51) (Read @ 0x00000008)

So I did some research and found these items on the web.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/73297-fixed-game-crashes-on-startup-big-world-client-has-encountered-an-unhandled-exception/

Suggested Fixes:
https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/73297-fixed-game-crashes-on-startup-big-world-client-has-encountered-an-unhandled-exception/#comment-1626422

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/566792-how-to-fix-application-error-0xc0000005/

This is what I did in isolating the problem:

Method 1: Windows Restore - My problem is not related to Windows OS
Method 2: Fixing Registries - Using CCleaner is always a good thing, however I did not resolve the issue.
Method 3: System File Checker - Again good, however I did not resolve the issue.
Method 4: Check your BCD (Boot Configuration Data) ***Caution*** this could lock up your system, so I avoided this process.
Method 5: Turn off DEP - My hardware does this automatically. To manually turn this off is more for really old computers (Windows 7)
Method 6: Bad RAM Memory - No other games or applications are affected so I skipped this step.
Method 7: Try Rkill - Last ditch effort. Step Skip.
Method 8: Disable antivirus - Nope not doing that. however...

Step 8 did bring to mind on the number changes my computer has gone through in regards to updates and software changes. In addition I found out that exception 0xC0000005 is an access exception. So I reviewed my anti-virus exception list. I found some really old listings that were not valid anymore. So I deleted what was in my exclusion list and added all new entries as shown in my attachment. So far I have not had the listed exception error again.  I thought I would let all WoWS players know so you can clear any permission or delays cause by your anti-virus program.

exclude programs_0xC0000005.jpg

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
9 posts

its the new clan tag if its first battle of the day crashes. try a different patch/emblem and see if it fixes it. it did for our clan.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,835 battles

Update: it still is happening, but not as often. I stripped every mod, restore WoWS back to original and did the WGCheck tool. It still happens afterwards. It is something going with update 0.7.9

I have a ticket open with tech support.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,835 battles

UPDATE: WG tech support sent me this.

This problem may be caused by using Pentagon clan patch background (see the screenshot below).
Please select any other background and check if the problem will appear again.
Let us know the result.Application C:/Games/World_of_Warships/worldofwarships.exe crashed 09.23.2018 at 14:22:14

I am going to try another background patch.

Pentagon.png

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,073 posts
12,835 battles
On 9/22/2018 at 10:16 PM, FreshSqueezed said:

I had the same thing. Every since 7.9.0.

Crash.thumb.jpg.fbc779b98de49aa600961fcf97559752.jpg

10 hours ago, NKJH said:

happen to me, too.

crash.thumb.jpg.cdd0822641706f72b8c3d9f5c56ff44b.jpg

Get rid of the clan patch for now. I made the change and no problems so far. WG Tech Support is aware of the issue and is working on the fix.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this