Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Gudbotes you suck in...

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

953
[BBICT]
Members
3,374 posts
3,567 battles

You read the reviews, you buy her, you train a captain, and you hit "battle" ready to kick :etc_swear: ....

And you can't do anything right..bottom of the scoreboard, missing easy targets, getting citadeled from the moon....We all have those boats...right? 

Mine right now is the N. Carolina... I know right? How da heck is Davos having a problem with her of all things?!?!  The shells are just in the air for sooooo long...I have time to run out and sacrifice something to RNGesus  in meantime....and bonces and overpens, and me saying bad words... :etc_swear:

I have nightmares about Musashi blowing me up, and then stealing my soul or something... I think I saw that in some anime... :Smile_ohmy:

Just me? What do you guys think? 

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth
spelling is OP
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
501
[FML]
Members
1,770 posts
10,153 battles

I understand your experience with the NC - I got sternly trolled by her guns on many occasions. Could not hit anything 8km away, but did a good job at 12km... the slower shells allow better plunging fire against ships with good side armour like German BBs.

 

For me, it’s the October Revolution - although I earnt it for free, the event where you had to win a battle to get a crate meant I was borderline considering selling her. I didn’t, but I haven’t played it since. 

 

Currently, I have significant hatred towards the Monarch. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
332 posts
4,659 battles

I underplay all of my botes. In my case it's positioning, turning mistakes, torpedo beats(fail), aiming, module choice, and carriers.

Yeah. That's the ticket - nerf carriers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[INR]
Members
14 posts
3,229 battles

Mine? Atago. I'm too used to the rear-facing torpedo mounts of the rest of the IJN CAs. I can't use her forward mounts properly.

Edited by WuYixiang
Typo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
122 posts
3,621 battles

Iowa probably. It's a great ship, good speed, accurate guns, good AA but I'm just not bonding with it and lord know I've tried. It's one of my most frequent bought and sold ship in-game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,385
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles

Belfast. I just suck in it which I don't get as I do really well in BRN CL's. Just not that one.

Giulio Cesare - I don't "suck in it" but I don't get the hype and love for it? I don't see the OP beast so many talk of.  I would take any other T5 BB over it without hesitation.

Kronshtadt - another one I don't actually suck in but dislike and that comes nowhere near the hype you read about it. It suffers from the same horrible gun performance that  Roma does (another suck ship but no one thinks it's great so LOL).

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[NNA]
Members
201 posts
5,742 battles
21 minutes ago, LancasterOne said:

Iowa probably. It's a great ship, good speed, accurate guns, good AA but I'm just not bonding with it and lord know I've tried. It's one of my most frequent bought and sold ship in-game. 

I have to go with the Iowa too. Lots of power, fast, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that one. By the time my shells do get to the target, their usually a day late and dollar short.:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,316 battles

Gulio Cesare for me. I think the combination of expecting a lot from her and finding her to be somewhat boring (yes, she's special for low tiers, but she plays just like a lot of high tier BBs), means that I tend to go way over-aggressive and get myself sunk first. She's good, but no miracle ship.

Also, Takao/other ARP ships. I got these pretty early in my WoWs career, and because of that I've never bothered grinding the IJN CA line. Consequently, I have no idea how to play these things, and usually end up reverting back to the cap support playstyle I learned from the DM and end up failing miserably.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles

For me, its Khabarovsk, i cant stop eating torpedoes to save my life in that ship; its so horroble is riveting, decided not to buy the perma camo on that thing. Maybe Khabarovsk could use a hydroaccaustic consumable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,323 battles

American battleships. I feel like I eat a lot of amazing shots when I face them but I cant hit anything it feels like. North Carolina I did ok with but Iowa and Missouri really give me no love and my Montana I got only to receive a super crate for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

You read the reviews, you buy her, you train a captain, and you hit "battle" ready to kick :etc_swear: ....

And you can't do anything right..bottom of the scoreboard, missing easy targets, getting citadeled from the moon....We all have those boats...right? 

Mine right now is the N. Carolina... I know right? How da heck is Davos having a problem with her of all things?!?!  The shells are just in the air for sooooo long...I have time to run out and sacrifice something to RNGesus  in meantime....and bonces and overpens, and me saying bad words... :etc_swear:

I have nightmares about Musashi blowing me up, and then stealing my soul or something... I think I saw that in some anime... :Smile_ohmy:

Just me? What you guys? 

I find the North Carolina to be a good boat. But I like getting closer then trying to snipe at long range. Seriously better then colorado. Equal amount of kills in one game over half the games played. Although since then Ive hit a dry spell. Getting cits on cruisers while team mates finish them off before my guns can reload. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I know what you mean about NC.  But for me at present, it's the KGV - I just can't seem to get my farm on adequately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
901
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,461 posts
8,119 battles

Belfast, Iowa, Saipan, Midway (part of that though is constantly being tossed against players like Fem and teams that run off alone), Bismarck/Tirpitz, and a few others I can't recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[-AGW-]
Members
668 posts
9,523 battles

Alsace is supposed to be this amazing ship. I'm not feeling it yet. NC and Iowa are sort of meh, especially since I know how easy they are to citadel broadside. Same goes for Nelson. It sure folds in a hurry when the sides are exposed, zombie heal or no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[ASRN]
Beta Testers
250 posts
2,177 battles

Long list, but I'll start with:

Worcester -- it's supposed to be this monster that rains fire from above upon everything.  I honestly can't aim worth a flip, or drive either.

Any/all DD's  --  I dive the line way too much. Plus, I can't aim torps to save my soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[SIDE]
Members
1,439 posts
2 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

You read the reviews, you buy her, you train a captain, and you hit "battle" ready to kick :etc_swear: ....

And you can't do anything right..bottom of the scoreboard, missing easy targets, getting citadeled from the moon....We all have those boats...right? 

Mine right now is the N. Carolina... I know right? How da heck is Davos having a problem with her of all things?!?!  The shells are just in the air for sooooo long...I have time to run out and sacrifice something to RNGesus  in meantime....and bonces and overpens, and me saying bad words... :etc_swear:

I have nightmares about Musashi blowing me up, and then stealing my soul or something... I think I saw that in some anime... :Smile_ohmy:

Just me? What you guys? 

Minotaur. Z52. Any carrier.

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,846
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles

Khabarovsk.

 

I have never felt comfortable with this DD.  When Udaloi was it's tech tree predecessor, I had an amazing time at Tier IX.  But Khab?  Even before the nerfs to her, I never felt right.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
122 posts
3,621 battles
1 hour ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

I have to go with the Iowa too. Lots of power, fast, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that one. By the time my shells do get to the target, their usually a day late and dollar short.:Smile_facepalm:

It's a jack of all trade, master of none kinda ship. 

It's got good guns, accurate but Yamato hits harder. 
It's got good secondaries, but both the French and the German are better.
It got one of the best AA, but not by much.
It's got good speed, but French boats are fast too.

I guess the best thing about the Iowa is when you got that speed combined with concealment you can really surprise some people. However you can't torp beats and at T9/10, the torp drops can cover an entire flank with 60kts+ pedos. So you'll have to be suicidal to push too hard in an Iowa. 

It's the..... Toytota Tacoma of battleships. It's.... a battleship I guess. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[NNA]
Members
201 posts
5,742 battles
13 minutes ago, LancasterOne said:

It's a jack of all trade, master of none kinda ship. 

It's got good guns, accurate but Yamato hits harder. 
It's got good secondaries, but both the French and the German are better.
It got one of the best AA, but not by much.
It's got good speed, but French boats are fast too.

I guess the best thing about the Iowa is when you got that speed combined with concealment you can really surprise some people. However you can't torp beats and at T9/10, the torp drops can cover an entire flank with 60kts+ pedos. So you'll have to be suicidal to push too hard in an Iowa. 

It's the..... Toytota Tacoma of battleships. It's.... a battleship I guess. 

I wouldn't know, I drive a Nissan Frontier. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×