Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

How I give Karma - Good Karm

11 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,056 battles

The circled players got a karma point.  The top 4 did better than me.  And the T8 DD did good in a T10 game.  I have 11 karma to give, so that was five of my daily allowance.  First game. I get a bit more stingy as the day goes on...depending on how many games I think I'll get to play for the day.

I don't always give five out first, but the team played a very good game.  I died mid game, but felt like I handed the team a good position.  I attrited two DDs (but didn't  kill them) and took out a DM.  Our team, just after I died, finished off the DDs, giving us a 3 DD to none advantage and the Reds were out of radar cruisers.  

The Reds did have four relatively healthy BBs (Three T10 and one T8..a potent MA), and I've seen a team lose a game like this where simple fundamental play will pretty much guarantee the win.  But you gotta play fundamentals...and our team did a superb job on the fundamentals.  Up two caps to one.  It called for simple patience and fundamental play.  DDs out front...but out of sight.  Shooting from smoke or spotting.  CAs shooting from smoke or terrain coverage.  BBs keeping bow on in support.  Just a perfect, textbook attrition win. 

It took several minutes to reap the rewards, and I've seen players get impatient in these situations and screw up.  But everyone played their role superbly.  The patient...fundamental...attrition win.  Textbook perfect.

That's why the karma.  If I wasn't going to play more, I would have handed one more out to the surviving T8 DD.  Their end game contribution was firing form smoke and/or being the unseen threat.  Pushing the enemy BBs away from the Caps or any advantageous position...effectively corralling the BBs as the attrition played out.

Well played team.  Well played.

karma.thumb.jpg.6d54b3adffd8106f50969c026953c90c.jpg 

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 3

[FML]
Members
1,754 posts
10,132 battles

I am a big user of the Karma system.  Generally, I give out far more positive karma than negative, and I'd wish the positive limit was 50 per cent more than the negative.  

I generally give out positive karma for: 

• Players on my team who were bottom tier but topped the team's ladder, whether win or loss; 
  • Players on my team who topped the team's ladder and had a big jump to the next best player (like 400 XP or more);
  • Players on my team who earnt 2k base XP or more - particularly on a loss; 
  • Players who didnt do well on the scoreboard, but did their job really well - typically when they were massively outnumbered on the weak flank and held off the enemy for ages. 
    • I really like giving pos rep for this, but I dont notice it as often as I would like. 
  • Players who go out of their way to help me out - particularly when not asked but have read the flow of battle really well. 
    • For instance, DDs who smoke their team; or
    • Carriers who go spot enemy dds, or spectacularly nailed a major threat, or killed a bunch of attack planes who were about to nail me. 
  • Players who, in chat, genuinely help someone with questions in the game.  

I generally give out negative karma for: 

• Top tier players on my team who are bottom of the team ladder and absolutely fail (as in, 300XP or less) for "plays poorly"; because, if not them, then who?
    • This does not apply if they are detonated, as aint nobody got time for that. 
  • Players who are fairly abusive or toxic in chat, on either team. 
  • Deliberate (as opposed to accidental) teamkillers, on either team.  Though I've found these are pretty rare. 

I find it is a system that works pretty well. At least, for me.  

#StandardWords

Edited by UltimateNewbie
More detailed response.
  • Cool 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
325 posts
4,659 battles

I reward top score on either team, best play that I personally witnessed, and best fighter (that sinks me). 

I know that karma has no real value, but I do enjoy rewarding good play.

• Cool 1

[VFW]
Members
939 posts
21,201 battles

I"ll give good Karma for the following:

1) Good, solid team play (does not always translate into XP nor Damage)

a) Objective play (taking, holding, defending caps)

b) Knowing your ships main role and using it in that manner (DDs spot, scout, cap...BB tank, push cruisers and BBs...Cruisers support DDs and harrass all others....CVs scout, spot, and hit enemy going for the objectives...etc...)

2) Helping carry or carrying the team to the finish line.

3) Providing useful chat or comms.   Notifying if opponent use Repair party, uses RPF to give enemy direction, provides coordinating tactical information, etc

I'm sure there are others, but this covers most.   I find Karma just a small way to say thank you...it cost me nothing but I hope it makes the person receiving it feel they are appreciated for their action(s).

VR,

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
382 posts
7,047 battles

I give good Karma too anyone on either team over 2K base or 4 ships sunk .

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
382 posts
7,047 battles

Because personally I like when I get complemented don't care about the Karma I just like too see it after the game . Doesn't happen often very often but feels good when it does .

Edited by clammboy

[-AGW-]
Members
665 posts
9,490 battles

Good karma to anyone who impressed me with their play - not necessarily because they were good, but if they had gumption. Bad karma only for real jerks, mouthy bastards or actual team killers. On either team.

Edited by NashW8

[VFW]
Members
939 posts
21,201 battles
1 minute ago, NashW8 said:

Good karma to anyone who impressed me with their play - not necessarily because they were good, but if they had gumption. Bad karma only for real jerks, mouthy bastards or actual team killers.

yep and yep.

Beta Testers
614 posts

Anyone who impresses me in a game gets +1   Even if it’s just good spotting or providing a key moment of smoke, etc.  

Anyone who acts like a complete tool, whether bad play, insulting language, etc., gets -1.

I know it doesn’t mean much but I like to see good karma come my way.  It shows me people care when you do your best.  I hate it however when you try your best, have bad game and some tool downvotes you for no apparent reason.  I never -1 just because a player is having a bad game.  It has to be more than that.

[WDS]
Members
382 posts
7,047 battles
8 hours ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

Anyone who impresses me in a game gets +1   Even if it’s just good spotting or providing a key moment of smoke, etc.  

Anyone who acts like a complete tool, whether bad play, insulting language, etc., gets -1.

I know it doesn’t mean much but I like to see good karma come my way.  It shows me people care when you do your best.  I hate it however when you try your best, have bad game and some tool downvotes you for no apparent reason.  I never -1 just because a player is having a bad game.  It has to be more than that.

Yes Bad game never , only when people are spamming or when people use racial slurs .

Sign in to follow this