Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Royal Navy event allows Achievements in Co-Op?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles

Other than the 1 time only "Naval Warfare:_____" achievements I didn't think you could get achievements in Co-Op yet there's points for getting honorary achievements in Co-Op in the Royal Navy event rules:

shot-18_09.22_13_49.17-0958.thumb.jpg.b028efedc79e27ae16a483990c658ecf.jpg

Is that just for the "Naval Warfare:_____" achievements or do things like 1st blood & dev strike count in Co-Op now when doing Royal Navy event?

I know there are a lot of achievements for the Scenario battles but even they don't give any bump in the event so wondering if that extra points is supposed to be for Scenario achievements instead of Co-Op (there should be points for that anyway IMO...not that I do a lot of scenarios myself but for those that do I think they should give a bump for it...on a win anyway).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
867
[ICE9]
Members
835 posts

Good question. I play Co-op exclusively, played about 20 matches this morning for RN event, and haven't noticed any of the Random achievements pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,373
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles

yeah I saw that a while ago on the news site about the event. I think it is an error. No achievements for Co-op. I actually suggested some for the mdoe in the suggestion forum a while back but don't expect it to ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
16 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You have to have completed all Directives in the first stage to earn Hall of Fame points, too.

I'm in Hall but this doesn't apply to me anyway...sorry...I should have also clarified I don't play Co-Op either so it's not like I am earning them there & just not getting them...I only play Random (or Ranked or Arms Race) unless I'm working off pink status (which oddly enough happened for the 1st time in over a year just last night in an Arms Race battle)...just think it's odd that they are listed as being worth points as there are no achievements of any kind in in Co-Op at all except the 1 time only "Naval Warfare____" achievements.

So it seems that those extra possible points are only for new players that are just getting those achievements for the 1st time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[NNA]
Members
199 posts
5,680 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Other than the 1 time only "Naval Warfare:_____" achievements I didn't think you could get achievements in Co-Op yet there's points for getting honorary achievements in Co-Op in the Royal Navy event rules:

I've completed all the missions in the first four directives, with the exception of the DD missions that call for T7 and above British DDs. Received a Bonus mission in one of the RN crates for the Jervis. So....I'm currently working on grinding away at the 14,000 xp to get her and  finish those two, but I've completed enough of each directive to earn Hall of Fame points. So I'm grinding away at those too.

I think the honorary achievements may be referring to Ribbons for spotting, capping, flooding, etc. It does make a distinction between honorary and heroic (Dev Strike, Kraken, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
18 minutes ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

I've completed all the missions in the first four directives, with the exception of the DD missions that call for T7 and above British DDs. Received a Bonus mission in one of the RN crates for the Jervis. So....I'm currently working on grinding away at the 14,000 xp to get her and  finish those two, but I've completed enough of each directive to earn Hall of Fame points. So I'm grinding away at those too.

I think the honorary achievements may be referring to Ribbons for spotting, capping, flooding, etc. It does make a distinction between honorary and heroic (Dev Strike, Kraken, etc.)

No...ribbons are just ribbons...but certain achievements are heroic & others are only honorary...Dev Strike (along with 1st blood/close quarters expert/& a bunch of others) for example is only honorary whereas the Kraken is 1 of the 6 heroics (from random battles anyway...there are other heroics in Scenario battles but they don't get you any extra points in the RN event either...only stars earned in winning battles do).

But Co-Op doesn't award you any of those which is why it's odd that they are listed as being worth points.

Edit...sorry...read your reply wrong the 1st time...clarified stuff you actually understand because of it...my bad.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[NNA]
Members
199 posts
5,680 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No...ribbons are just ribbons...but certain achievements are heroic & others are only honorary...Dev Strike (along with 1st blood/close quarters expert/& a bunch of others) for example is only honorary whereas the Kraken is 1 of the 6 heroics (from random battles anyway...there are other heroics in Scenario battles but they don't get you any extra points in the RN event either...only stars earned in winning battles do).

But Co-Op doesn't award you any of those which is why it's odd that they are listed as being worth points.

Now that I think of it, I think your right. Since I don't play PVP all that often, I don't check on my stats all that much, but I do remember that WoWStats had a tab or tabs that listed honorary and heroic achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

Now that I think of it, I think your right. Since I don't play PVP all that often, I don't check on my stats all that much, but I do remember that WoWStats had a tab or tabs that listed honorary and heroic achievements.

The list is in game under the profiles tab...it lists all the 1s you have achieved at top & all the possible 1s below it (occasionally there is a hidden 1 that shows up for certain events...usually operations...that aren't listed until you achieve them but that's rare...all the rest are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[L-S-D]
Members
43 posts
22,895 battles

no some one at wargaming doesn't know their own game was in charge of the event, and screwed up and put the awards as in co op not scenario's like it should have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,266
[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles

Well actually there are achievements you can get from playing co-op. They are the ones that most of us have already gotten like "collect so many creates" or "earn so many credits" or "research so many ships". I think there are a couple more as well. I am not sure if that is what Wargaming meant or if those count. I suppose a new player would have to test it out and see. The rules article from Wargaming is either a mistake or poorly worded. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,373
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles
40 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well actually there are achievements you can get from playing co-op. They are the ones that most of us have already gotten like "collect so many creates" or "earn so many credits" or "research so many ships". I think there are a couple more as well. I am not sure if that is what Wargaming meant or if those count. I suppose a new player would have to test it out and see. The rules article from Wargaming is either a mistake or poorly worded. 

I doubt someone would be able to get those during the event simply because the RN event is for T5+ ships and by then you should have all those achievements that can be earned through Co-op play. I guess someone who purchased high tier premiums could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,266
[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles
36 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I doubt someone would be able to get those during the event simply because the RN event is for T5+ ships and by then you should have all those achievements that can be earned through Co-op play. I guess someone who purchased high tier premiums could.

Well I didn't get many of those until I was way past tier 5, some I didn't finish getting until after my first year of play. Don't get me wrong, I don't think those are the achievements that will count for this. Not sure what Wargaming was alluding to with those remarks. I was just pointing out that there were achievements that could be awarded for co-op play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[TSG4C]
Beta Testers
13 posts
2,395 battles

Sirs;

 

I play Co-Op almost exclusively. I admit I'm no competitive player, and enjoy the experience without Random Play. I get the feeling the Developers are pushing players to expand their game style, first by asking we join in Operations and now by requiring Achievements, necessitating Random play. I'm on the fence. I resent being pushed into anything I choose to deny, and forgoing the completion of an event I have invested in to disappoint a team for my poor gameplay seems wrong. If I WANTED to play in Random games I would. I don't. After giving up this game for almost a year, I now understand why I did so. Perhaps I should again. I feel like the kid being invited to that "weird" kid the neighborhood's birthday party just to allow him the opportunity to beat all of the guests at his preferred games simply because it's his birthday and he knows we can't disappoint him. We all realize the pork chop necklace wasn't enough to attract even a starving stray dog, so his parents cooked up this plan to satisfy his desperate needs for participation.

I'll take a suicide destroyer into a match, use Speed Boost to ram something and hopefully get "first blood". I'll be eliminated while not assisting the team, but will get an Achievement. I apologize in advance to anyone matched on my side, but I didn't want to be here.

Still, it's good to see parents in other countries mimicked the plotting of those in my neighborhood to satiate their pathetic offspring in the desire to "one up" their contemporaries. There is symmetry in the universe after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[SPF]
Beta Testers
51 posts
16,272 battles

The only achievement I've been getting in Co-op is for the 4 kills.

Would be nice if the others, like First Blood, could be awarded in Co-op. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,373
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles

Since this thread was started WG added that 4 Goal Haul achievement for the Ovechkin event (ie; 4 Kills and looks like a squid) and this qualifies for the RN event achievements. It can be earned in Co-op as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×