You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FFG57

a big carrot and a little stick

14 comments in this topic

[WALLY]
[WALLY]
Members
17 posts

First of all I'd like to say thanks to the wg stream eu for the nice shiny fujin I won, nice of them to give out free stuff they don't have to. Secondly the patch is great in that we can actually see stuff that is not using the Klingon stealth shield, and now the stick.

wth is it with updates, getting ye olde exception error every day first battle please fix this, its fine after the 1st but really arrgh..

secondly the r n dds well some may love them , moi ill stick to us dds ta

and thirdly the big no no, correct me if I am wrong torps fired from an non pan Asian dd like an Acosta should hit another vessel without apparently missing them, what did you break to make all ships visible I ask...

and to end on a happy note its been over a year and I finally got a new shiny in a sc. 

ps what is wrong with the guard the home waters mission as it doesn't seem to be counting anything

Edited by FFG57
  • Boring 1

Members
9,973 posts
19 minutes ago, FFG57 said:

First of all I'd like to say thanks to the wg stream eu for the nice shiny fujin I won, nice of them to give out free stuff they don't have to. Secondly the patch is great in that we can actually see stuff that is not using the Klingon stealth shield, and now the stick.

wth is it with updates, getting ye olde exception error every day first battle please fix this, its fine after the 1st but really arrgh..

and thirdly the big no no, correct me if I am wrong torps fired from an non pan Asian dd like an Acosta should hit another vessel without apparently missing them, what did you break to make all ships visible I ask...

and to end on a happy note its been over a year and I finally got a new shiny in a sc. 

ps what is wrong with the guard the home waters mission as it doesn't seem to be counting anything

Spoiler

8dNWHBQ.gif

• Cool 1

[WALLY]
[WALLY]
Members
17 posts
42 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Reveal hidden contents

8dNWHBQ.gif

42 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Hide contents

8dNWHBQ.gif

if you cannot understand the queens English I am sure someone can point you in the direction of a translator

[WOLF9]
Members
1,105 posts

I think we're all indebted to FFG57 for stating what needed to be said. Not only was it authentic gibberish, it expressed a spirit little seen in this day and age.

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles
16 minutes ago, FFG57 said:

using the gallant still not counting

(A) what tier is GALLANT?

(b) What the devil is a RUEBEN JAMES?

[WALLY]
[WALLY]
Members
17 posts
29 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

I think we're all indebted to FFG57 for stating what needed to be said. Not only was it authentic gibberish, it expressed a spirit little seen in this day and age.

well doomeagle may I suggest you stop drinking the water

[WALLY]
[WALLY]
Members
17 posts
21 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

(A) what tier is GALLANT?

gallant us 6 and RJ was is fast frigate missile cruiser, as mentioned in the book and film hunt fot red October, sadly sent to the junk yark in the sky

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
1 hour ago, FFG57 said:

1) no idea what you are referring to regarding the Klingon stealth shield.

2) run the WGCheck tool from support - will take about 30 mins but should fix up any problems like that. I’ve had to run it twice.

3) agreed, RN DDs seem really weak so far - personally, I think their smokes need a strong buff. 

4) the enemy must have dodged your torps. Paste a replay and we can confirm. 

5) what ship did you get from a SC?

6) not sure what the mission is, will have to log in to check. But pay close attention to what the requirements are.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles
1 hour ago, FFG57 said:

gallant us 6 and RJ was is fast frigate missile cruiser, as mentioned in the book and film hunt fot red October, sadly sent to the junk yark in the sky

So, then, let's break this down a bit further.

First, if a mission requires T7 or higher, why would you expect that you'd be able to complete it with GALLANT?

Second, RUEBEN JAMES was only in the movie version of HFRO.

Third, you need to read more Clancy, if you didn't recognize the reference.

Edit to add:

Fourth: an FFG is not a cruiser.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,015 battles
2 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I believe the correct answer is “At least we don’t name them after our mother in laws”. Referring to the HMS Battleaxe :-)

Read “Red Storm Rising” many times. 

• Cool 1

[WALLY]
[WALLY]
Members
17 posts
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

1) no idea what you are referring to regarding the Klingon stealth shield.

2) run the WGCheck tool from support - will take about 30 mins but should fix up any problems like that. I’ve had to run it twice.

3) agreed, RN DDs seem really weak so far - personally, I think their smokes need a strong buff. 

4) the enemy must have dodged your torps. Paste a replay and we can confirm. 

5) what ship did you get from a SC?

6) not sure what the mission is, will have to log in to check. But pay close attention to what the requirements are.

well ultimtenewbie  since you asked the albama, as for second, it was in the book oh dear go back 10 spaces eat a torp, and fourth who said ffg was a cruiser? yah stop the decaff 

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles
2 hours ago, FFG57 said:

as for second, it was in the book

No, it was in RED STORM RISING, not HFRO. The book, anyway. 

2 hours ago, FFG57 said:

oh dear go back 10 spaces eat a torp,

Pass, thanks.

2 hours ago, FFG57 said:

and fourth who said ffg was a cruiser? yah stop the decaff 

You did, actually.

88D9E69E-7A68-4A96-A22F-8C52CFB01F34.thumb.jpeg.3a2fdf4e19b265c82725077ab8d23260.jpeg