You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Ship-post: I worked out why they structured this event the way they did.

3 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles

From the beginning I have asked myself "If they're going to give us Cossack for completing missions plus at most $2*, why didn't they just make her a free ship and add a few more tasks?"

It occurred to me in the small hours of this morning that maybe they figure your average Joe or Josephine who completes all 48 directives is then going to toddle off to the premium store to get the necessary two guineas, then and not before... and by the time they do, Dreadnought and Vanguard packages will be waiting in the premium store. The timing is just about right, with supertest initial stats announced three patches before the release if all goes well, and just in time to tempt people for the holiday season.

* $0.99 US per guinea, but if you log in via the WOWS website and go to the premium store right now, there is a one-per-user ten-for-one deal.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

I'm more annoyed about the otherwise useless guineas (I don't plan on buying the Cossack, even if it is highly discounted) reducing the value of the Royal Navy containers. Instead of getting three usable items, (more if you want to include collection items or badges) WG is only giving us two.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
41 minutes ago, Jarink said:

I'm more annoyed about the otherwise useless guineas (I don't plan on buying the Cossack, even if it is highly discounted) reducing the value of the Royal Navy containers. Instead of getting three usable items, (more if you want to include collection items or badges) WG is only giving us two.

You're getting flags, camo and sovereigns in the RN containers; you're getting guineas separately for completing missions, to trade in for the Cossack.

If they made guineas tradable for Sovereigns, there would be salt flowing from all the idiots who cashed in guineas to make up for sovereigns they didn't have, then found themselves short when Cossack-buying time came. Trust me, this way is best.