You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zip_Zip

Will WG release a proper trainer tor cruisers

5 comments in this topic

[HOOPR]
[HOOPR]
Members
6 posts
2,252 battles

Anyone know if there are any plans that WG has leaked or hinted about for a new British premium cruiser that can be used as a trainer. The Belfast having been removed from sale has been the only choice this far and having HE and no torps she wasnt exactly the best trainer for the line anyway.

I'd like to go up the line but don't like the thought of having to use bb's or dd's as trainers since the skills dont exactly line up. 

Would WG ever consider making the commonwealth ships dual nation compatible so that the Perth could be used as a trainer for the Brit cruisers? The Perth has the HE but most of her other traits are in line with the brit cruisers.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
309 posts
3,256 battles

The Edinburgh is the last class of the Town Class RN CL destroyers. Her sister ship is in fact the Belfast .. funny how the prem is tier 7 and Edinburgh tier 8.

There was also the Southampton Class and Gloucester Class both boasting multiple ships

Southhampton Class has 5 ships :

Newcastle, Southampton, Sheffield, Glasgow and Birmingham (my grandad served on the HMS Birmingham during WWII)

Glouster Class has 3 ships :

Liverpool, Manchester and Glouster

I’d be happy to see any of these balanced as a tier 8 trainer but for obvious reasons would love to see HMS Birmingham.

Hopefully in the future WG will decide to bring in one of these as a tier 8 trainer seems though the HMS Belfast was removed. I own the Belfast but the differences are noticeable as OP pointed out

• Cool 2

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
637 posts
8,060 battles

More cruisers, count me in!!!!!  :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Royal Navy absolutely needs a new CL premium. Aside from the fact that Belfast will never be available again, she also plays very different from the other ones.

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

IMO, any trainer should be a minimum of Tier 5.  As I do well in mid tiers (5 to 7), a premium for me to purchase at 5 or 6 is best, with 7 an acceptable alternate.  But I do concur, the UK cruiser line needs a premium ship for training captains from Tier 5 to 7.

Now, not everybody is pushing to get a Tier 9 or 10.  So getting one from 8 to 10 will have limited interests.  I have a Mac client, and it is just not stable.  Therefore, I will not pay for a premium account.  Because fo the difference in rewards for effort, pushing above Tier 8 is not cost economic for me.  When WarGaming gets an actual Mac client that will not freeze the client ap, or crash the client computer altogether, then I will consider purchasing premium ships and a premium account.