You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Worcerster a little OP

129 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,949 battles

Needs either its range shortened or its detection raised some.  You see in in just about every game there is a reason, or make its Citadel larger; something.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,020 battles

We seen it in a lot of games because it is new, in the USN branch, and has a well defined role.

It already has a short range with terrible ballistics, and the detection is barely better than the Zao and worse than the Minotaur. It is fine - the ship might need small adjustments after more data comes in (in either direction) but nothing drastic. 

• Cool 2

[FGNE]
Members
432 posts
728 battles
8 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

We seen it in a lot of games because it is new, in the USN branch, and has a well defined role.

It already has a short range with terrible ballistics, and the detection is barely better than the Zao and worse than the Minotaur. It is fine - the ship might need small adjustments after more data comes in (in either direction) but nothing drastic. 

The absolute misery it is to get to the Worcester, it is deserved.  To be 100% fair, with out support or islands, it is a sitting duck and a big red "Come Get Me Bro" on it.   You will die first if they see you, I guarantee it.

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
801 posts
3,346 battles

Its citadel is quite hit table thank you. Pretty much any BB shell will hit it. 

It's a support ship. Its big weakness is spotting. It has no plane to enable spotting from cover. Needs friendlies to spot, else you PT goes to 5,6,7 when you shoot. Yes radar is good for hunting DDs, but needs help shooting at anything else. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,559 posts
3,751 battles

My only gripe is the radar having a bigger range than the detection range. Minotaur gets away with the same by being so fragile. 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles
8 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Its citadel is quite hit table thank you. Pretty much any BB shell will hit it. 

It's a support ship. Its big weakness is spotting. It has no plane to enable spotting from cover. Needs friendlies to spot, else you PT goes to 5,6,7 when you shoot. Yes radar is good for hunting DDs, but needs help shooting at anything else. 

I rarely get citadeled in my Worcester. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,048 posts
6,739 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

My only gripe is the radar having a bigger range than the detection range. Minotaur gets away with the same by being so fragile. 

Worcester is fragile too and Minotaur gets that super heal, Worcester doesnt

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,142 posts
9,228 battles
26 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Needs either its range shortened or its detection raised some.  You see in in just about every game there is a reason, or make its Citadel larger; something.  

Please go get one and play it and then come back and say it's op. 

• Cool 1

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,949 battles

It will be  a while before I can get one. But that does not mean I cant have an opinion on it does it. I have played against them over and over again and lately they are teaming up with the new Tier 10 IJN DD's which compounds the problem.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,116 posts
3,577 battles

According to S_O IFHE is being looked at. So while the ship deserves a 100% targeted Nerf. I feel any changes are pointless because a change or removal of IFHE would cause a complete reevaluation of the ship.

But I'm not going complain if it gets nerfed before that

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles

The only reason it's OP is because the people that make it look that way know how to sit behind an island and hit you with impunity when you're preoccupied.  IFHE don't care about no angling.  They are easily deleted when caught out in the open, but typically in the early stages of the battle they are tucked away somewhere that in order to get to them you'd have to wade through torps and everything else firing at you.  That means you're in the wrong place.

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,949 battles

I am just saying a "slight"  adjustment , but thanks for the info I didn't know that.

[TMS]
Members
1,726 posts
22,054 battles
49 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Worcester is fragile too and Minotaur gets that super heal, Worcester doesnt

Mino has a bigger citadel and way above the water line, 101mm cit armor , 16mm plating and 16mm deck armor. it gets one shotted a hell of a lot, it does not get a chance to use that heal.

Worce lower and smaller citadel, 127mm cit armor + 25mm belt armor and 30mm deck armor, fragile yes but nowhere near as fragile.

Edited by Final8ty

Members
542 posts
2,943 battles

The only real problem with it is that it can stealth radar. Base detection should be boosted to something like 12.8

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,120 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Worchester doesn't even bring anything new, and the Minotaur both has a higher rate of fire, better heal, stealth and torpedoes. I dont see you or anybody calling for Minitaur nerfs.

Get over it, Worchester is one of the best things to befalltge usn line until news on Alaska.

• Cool 1

Members
98 posts
3,432 battles
3 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Worchester doesn't even bring anything new, and the Minotaur both has a higher rate of fire, better heal, stealth and torpedoes. I dont see you or anybody calling for Minitaur nerfs

But Worc can use HE

I'm a fan of using Mino's torps to save my butt when I get cornered. but that's situational. The HE benefit on Worc is much more noticeable

1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Range can be pushed out to 19 I believe so its not short ranged.

It's 'Absolute' range may be 19km, but in reality, anything past 16-7km you're struggling with USN shell arcs.

That's not to say you can't, but it's not as easy to do as compared to some other TX cruisers

[CAST]
Members
1,200 posts
7,368 battles

The Worchester is not OP.  It can be a pain in the right hands with the right support.  By itself, in a one on one battle, it will most likely get deleted in a hurry.  The Worchester is a great support ship.  It can lay down the long range fire that arc over islands.  It is really hard to hit ships at its max range, that change direction and speed, due to the high arc and high flight time for the shots.  If a ship does get close, and pays more attention to another ship and goes broadside, the Worchester will rip it apart with its rapid firing guns.  Don't get caught out in the open in the Wooster, because it takes damage easily, from any BB or cruisers with big guns.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,120 battles
3 minutes ago, _Pixi_ said:

But Worc can use HE

I'm a fan of using Mino's torps to save my butt when I get cornered. but that's situational. The HE benefit on Worc is much more noticeable

It's 'Absolute' range may be 19km, but in reality, anything past 16-7km you're struggling with USN shell arcs.

That's not to say you can't, but it's not as easy to do as compared to some other TX cruisers

Minotaur's SAP is better in many ways to Worchester's HE and her rof and torpedo battery eclipses Worchester by a wide margin. Not to memtion Minotaur gets ~8.9km surface detection with the option to pack radar and BETTER thrust to displacement ratio.

Your only crying because Worchester is American....

• Boring 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,404 posts
7,417 battles
57 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

It will be  a while before I can get one. But that does not mean I cant have an opinion on it does it. I have played against them over and over again and lately they are teaming up with the new Tier 10 IJN DD's which compounds the problem.

... you’re sort of missing the point, which was not unexpected, in hindsight, because it was quite a subtle one.

When you get there, you’re going to get deleted. Constantly. And then we’re going to see you coming back here and saying OMFG GUYZZZ WORCESTER NEEDS A BUFFFFFF.

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,949 battles

No I wont but I start a grind soon to get it, but you wouldn't see it in almost every tier 10 game if it had the weakness that are being brought up.  

As far as one on one,  only if the Worcester had to come at another ship then yes it would be in trouble.

Its got nothing to do with what country it is.

But I do want to thank people for their comments most of the time, by this point,  people start insulting you; its nice for a change.

Edited by vikingno2

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,420 battles

My Monty and Republic teach Worcesters where their citadel are on a daily basis. 

Imo light cruisers with ihfe and fairly high rate of fire are op. I get better salvos from t7-8 Russian cl and the Worcester than from my DM. Makes no sense. More barrels. More pens from the 6 in guns. 

However I have learned to stay out of range of the Worcester or mino or other high rate of fire cruisers. Wipe my bbs out quickly. The people who get wrecked don’t retreat or find cover from the cl 

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,120 battles
48 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

The only reason it's OP is because the people that make it look that way know how to sit behind an island and hit you with impunity when you're preoccupied.  IFHE don't care about no angling.  They are easily deleted when caught out in the open, but typically in the early stages of the battle they are tucked away somewhere that in order to get to them you'd have to wade through torps and everything else firing at you.  That means you're in the wrong place.

Not even, if you look at wows replays, i challenge you to find a Worchester game greatere than 240k. Whereas ive seen Minotaur replays above 400k damage.

Everyone wants to ignore the fact that Worchester has no way to deal with a charging battleship; or any heavy ship[Hindenberg, Zao] that decides to charge her. The only edge Worchester holds over Minotaur is DFAA.

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles
3 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Not even, if you look at wows replays, i challenge you to find a Worchester game greatere than 240k. Whereas ive seen Minotaur replays above 400k damage.

Everyone wants to ignore the fact that Worchester has no way to deal with a charging battleship; or any heavy ship[Hindenberg, Zao] that decides to charge her. The only edge Worchester holds over Minotaur is DFAA.

I'm not perusing replays to prove that.  I'm suggesting why the OP thinks the ship is OP, not that it is OP.

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
1 hour ago, JonnyFreedom said:

The absolute misery it is to get to the Worcester, it is deserved.  To be 100% fair, with out support or islands, it is a sitting duck and a big red "Come Get Me Bro" on it.   You will die first if they see you, I guarantee it.

I played Worcester my first battle this morning and drew the Ocean map.  There are those that say that's the only 'real' map in the game. 

Caught in the open it's death and if you get caught exposed, it's death.  A good opponent will try to make one of those happen.