You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

Warspite/Gallant

28 comments in this topic

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

Hi all

Now that Anniversary is done..

I have 800 Sovereigns or so,

Q1 Is it worth buying Gallant/Warspite for 420 Sovereigns (if I already have them) and get Doubloons back ?

Q2 How much doubloons do we get for buying both, if you already have them (i.e. should be full price back...)

Thx in advance &

take care

JMG

Beta Testers
845 posts
5,984 battles
2 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

Now that Anniversary is done..

I have 800 Sovereigns or so,

Q1 Is it worth buying Gallant/Warspite for 420 Sovereigns (if I already have them) and get Doubloons back ?

Q2 How much doubloons do we get for buying both, if you already have them (i.e. should be full price back...)

Thx in advance &

take care

JMG

6500 for Warspite and 4500 for Gallant.

Can somebody verfiy?

I'd say it's worth it. I bought them and already own them so I could get the gold. There's not enough in the British Arsenal worth it, IMO, so it was an easy choice for me.

Members
325 posts
328 battles

Warspite is a legend IRL, and a fun BB to play if you like slow BBs, compared to  "Grand Old Lady" the Nwe Mexico is a racing boat, but has accuracy, is hard and makes fires.

Gallant is only recommended if you are a DD main and very fan of RN DDs. It is below average in most aspects and difficult to get results or have fun on her.

• Bad 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,242 battles
3 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

Gallant is only recommended if you are a DD main and very fan of RN DDs. It is below average in most aspects and difficult to get results or have fun on her.

Considering how much hate Gallant got last year, and how much of a blast I've had with it; I'm thinking I may like the RN destroyers?

Popular ships + me = major suckage...

Hated ships + me = 'Hey; this isn't such a bad ship...'

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Considering how much hate Gallant got last year, and how much of a blast I've had with it; I'm thinking I may like the RN destroyers?

:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
507 posts
4,320 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Me to.  I hated Amagi, liked Izumo, and love Ibuki.

To the OP, I think doubloons are a good trade and I might do that myself at the end if I accumulate enough sovereigns.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,207 battles

You need to send Zath an Emerald game or two so that we can all see how you do it. Now that I'm not such a cheapskate that I won't buy port slots, she's back in my fleet for keeps and I'm going to try, here and there, to find out what I missed the first time around.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,242 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm going to try, here and there, to find out what I missed the first time around.

New York was like that for me.

Loved Wyoming, (my 'Ole Reliable,') was very 'meh' about New York, and was so glad to finally get New Mexico...

A year or so later I played NY again to compare it to Texas, and actually did pretty good in it. (guess all that angling practice in higher tier BBs helped...)

Beta Testers
845 posts
5,984 battles

That pretty much describes me.

[LOU1]
Members
3,019 posts
8,124 battles

Back on the OPs topic, Warspite/Gallant for Doubloons is not really worth buying Premium crates for.  On the other hand, if you are spending sovereigns from earned crates, what's not to like?  Also, in the mission announcement there was mention of some kind of special discount (?) for tech tree doubloon ships...

"Additionally, an update for offers on ships which can be acquired for doubloons in the client is coming soon. We'll tell you more about it later, so get your doubloons ready!"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/premium-shop-september/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

I have played all 4 new DD's + gallant.

they are awful, esp the T5-T7, and even the T8 is not good..

Just IMo

Thx

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

oh and Thank you to ALL!

Got 2x Port nSlots

Got 2x Commanders (3 Pts?)

Got all that DFoubloons, so thats nice (needed it, as the 200% Anniv, I bought 5x T10's , and 6 T9's.. 

Thx all for the kind help

J

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,439 posts
4,624 battles

You only need to watch the Gallants in the Dunkirk scenario to see how generally poor performing they are. 

Yes, you can have good games in them. But you have to work as hard to get a good result in a Gallant as you do to get an outstanding result in another 6th tier DD.

Beta Testers
614 posts
19 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Lol, and I do hate the Gallant.  Cannot stand that boat.   Funny post.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
13 hours ago, HMS_Formidable said:

You only need to watch the Gallants in the Dunkirk scenario to see how generally poor performing they are. 

Yes, you can have good games in them. But you have to work as hard to get a good result in a Gallant as you do to get an outstanding result in another 6th tier DD.

Well to be fair to the Gallant, its AA rating is 2.... Really not the ship to be taking into the Dunkirk OP since you have to shoot down planes. It is hardly a good measure of the ship for all the other game modes. 

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well to be fair to the Gallant, its AA rating is 2.... Really not the ship to be taking into the Dunkirk OP since you have to shoot down planes. It is hardly a good measure of the ship for all the other game modes. 

Actually, 4 DPS from the 2x4 12.7mm AA guns with a base reach of 1.2km, but yeah, the Gallant AA is really weak. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,242 battles
31 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Last year I used it to generally good effect as a smoker; with Smoke mod 1 and smoke screen expert; and to kill S-botes; both things it did better than those T5 freebie disasters.

This year I’ve used Blyskawica, (which incidentally also sucked in Dynamo;) and Sims; where I five-stared five times, and placed first every time except the once I collided with an S- bote and managed to get sunk... ?

For all it may be disliked; Gallant seems to suit they way I prefer to play destroyers.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,439 posts
4,624 battles
18 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Then you look at turret traverse, shell arcs and rate of fire. Not to mention speed etc.

And compare with the other ships in the match.

Members
2,481 posts
2,334 battles
18 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeb, I was amused to see that Campbeltown has a better AA rating. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:41 PM, HMS_Formidable said:

It has some of the most abysmal AA at its tier.  And this Op is reliant on having decent AA performance.  But this Op isn't representative of regular game play.  The Sims is the weakest T7 DD in the game, but it's a rock star in Dynamo.  Gallant is actually about mid-pack stat wise.  Guns are on the weak-ish side, but can do damage.  And at times you can do okay setting fires with it.  

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles
18 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Actually, 4 DPS from the 2x4 12.7mm AA guns with a base reach of 1.2km, but yeah, the Gallant AA is really weak. :Smile_teethhappy:

In his review of Gallant, Pointy Haired Jedi said of the AA that it amounted to "harsh language, and little else".  It is one of the main ships I see becoming a port queen once the CV rework drops.  

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Yeb, I was amused to see that Campbeltown has a better AA rating. 

Funny you say that because Gallant should have better AA based just on the .50 Cal guns... and doesn't.

Campbeltown has 2x1  12.7mm AA guns with a DPS of 7.6 and a range of 1.2km. (ignoring the one 76.2mm AA gun)

Gallant has 2x4  12.7mm AA guns with a DPS of 4.2 and a range of 1.2km.

So Gallant has four times the number of .50 Cal AA guns, but almost half the short range DPS. :Smile_amazed: 

Weird.

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
8 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

In his review of Gallant, Pointy Haired Jedi said of the AA that it amounted to "harsh language, and little else".  It is one of the main ships I see becoming a port queen once the CV rework drops.  

See my post while you were posting about Campbeltown and Gallant's 12.7mm AA.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

See my post while you were posting about Campbeltown and Gallant's 12.7mm AA.

I hear you.  But as bad as it is, I did somehow manage to bag 3 plane kills in Dynamo once.  Should have screen shot the results as I'm sure no one would believe it.  Probably helped that I was mid pack in smoke between two Sims.  The AA gunner was likely engaging in kill stealing.  Or hadn't had his morning ration of Rum.