Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
2Zons

48 Guineas for Royal Navy missions, how?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

26
[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles

keep reading about earning 48 guineas for the "royal navy" missions.  I cannot see how this is possible.   You get a total of one guinea per day for completing 4 or 5 of the total days missions.  I can't see any other guinea rewards.  The news article says you can earn 48.  Am I missing something?  Also there are references to 10 guineas for $1 is not what I see.  For me, both on the web or in game store it's $1 for 1 guinea.  I wouldn't mind spending $5 for a ship but not $50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,188 posts
18,924 battles

This event will go on for 12 weeks. You can earn four guinea per week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles

There are 4 Directives each week that run into Dec through all three patches. 4 Directives a week for a month long patch is 16 Directives. Three patches for 48 Directives.

 

Here is a breakdown on the event.

 

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles

OK.  That makes sense.  Thanks Erbthoron.  Do you know how you participate in the competition part?  I've complete all the missions each day but have earned 0 points towards competition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles
2 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

OK.  That makes sense.  Thanks Erbthoron.  Do you know how you participate in the competition part?  I've complete all the missions each day but have earned 0 points towards competition.

 

You mean the Hall of Fame? Once you have completed the 4th Directive in a week, you can start earning points in the HoF. Check out the thread I linked for more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles

Thanks Kizarvexis,

That is a very detailed post and explains it all well.  I wish the news article was more like your post, or linked to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,188 posts
18,924 battles

Also: if you log into the store you will see the 10 for $1 offer. It's a personal offer so you cannot see it by just visiting the store.

You can work at all directives between Friday and Wednesday before server reset. You didn't need to finish them the day they come out. If you buy the package from the store you can also skip some. if you can invest a bit od time you really get the boat for $1 dollar by just playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles
2 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

Thanks Kizarvexis,

That is a very detailed post and explains it all well.  I wish the news article was more like your post, or linked to it. 

You are welcome. If you have any questions or find something that people should know that isn't in the post, please post there so I can update it. I plan on taking screenshots of the Directives when they come out each Wednesday and putting in a post each day a Directive drops as a reminder. I will also update on Mondays reminding people to complete the Directives before they end on Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome. If you have any questions or find something that people should know that isn't in the post, please post there so I can update it. I plan on taking screenshots of the Directives when they come out each Wednesday and putting in a post each day a Directive drops as a reminder. I will also update on Mondays reminding people to complete the Directives before they end on Tuesday.

Question do guineas convert to sovereigns the way steel converts to charcoal?   Not all that interested in the Cossack  as the Brit  DD's  seem/act a lot weaker than the USN/IJN  Versions the guns don't seem to come up to snuff and the smoke doesn't last as long and they don't get boost.   In fact the thing that may or may be better is like the RN Cruisers is they can fire singe torpedos one at a time and to me that just isn't sufficient,   I got the Jervis and when the whole event is done(unless they buff or change something for the better when the whole things done I'm liable to vendor her)The  Warspite on the other hand..........................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Question do guineas convert to sovereigns the way steel converts to charcoal?   Not all that interested in the Cossack  as the Brit  DD's  seem/act a lot weaker than the USN/IJN  Versions the guns don't seem to come up to snuff and the smoke doesn't last as long and they don't get boost.   In fact the thing that may or may be better is like the RN Cruisers is they can fire singe torpedos one at a time and to me that just isn't sufficient,   I got the Jervis and when the whole event is done(unless they buff or change something for the better when the whole things done I'm liable to vendor her)The  Warspite on the other hand..........................................

Nope. Guineas can only be used on Cossack. Whether or not this changes, we don't know. Current plans are for Guineas to be converted to credits (rate unknown) on patch 8.0 on Jan 9th. The 48th Directive will drop on Dec 8th and you will have until early morning Dec 11th to complete it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
630
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,461 posts
11,777 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Also: if you log into the store you will see the 10 for $1 offer. It's a personal offer so you cannot see it by just visiting the store.

You can work at all directives between Friday and Wednesday before server reset. You didn't need to finish them the day they come out. If you buy the package from the store you can also skip some. if you can invest a bit od time you really get the boat for $1 dollar by just playing.

You cannot see the offer from the port to premium shop.

You can if you go premium shop from the WG launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
On 9/22/2018 at 2:35 PM, shadowsrmine said:

Question do guineas convert to sovereigns the way steel converts to charcoal?   Not all that interested in the Cossack  as the Brit  DD's  seem/act a lot weaker than the USN/IJN  Versions the guns don't seem to come up to snuff and the smoke doesn't last as long and they don't get boost.   In fact the thing that may or may be better is like the RN Cruisers is they can fire singe torpedos one at a time and to me that just isn't sufficient,   I got the Jervis and when the whole event is done(unless they buff or change something for the better when the whole things done I'm liable to vendor her)The  Warspite on the other hand..........................................

 

On 9/22/2018 at 2:38 PM, Kizarvexis said:

Nope. Guineas can only be used on Cossack. Whether or not this changes, we don't know. Current plans are for Guineas to be converted to credits (rate unknown) on patch 8.0 on Jan 9th. The 48th Directive will drop on Dec 8th and you will have until early morning Dec 11th to complete it.

@Pigeon_of_War At the end do guineas convert to credits  if not used? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles
22 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

 

@Pigeon_of_War At the end do guineas convert to credits  if not used? 

c1u9ckq.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

 

Since Update 7.12 drops Dec 12th and Guineas are inclusive to 7.12, that means that they are currently planned to be converted on Jan 9th when 8.0 drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

c1u9ckq.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

 

Since Update 7.12 drops Dec 12th and Guineas are inclusive to 7.12, that means that they are currently planned to be converted on Jan 9th when 8.0 drops.

Well since they CAN'T  be used on Anything BUT Cossack..................................:Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Well since they CAN'T  be used on Anything BUT Cossack..................................:Smile_smile:

@Taylor3006 suggested a conversion rate for Guineas to Sovereigns, but would only work until patch 7.11 Nov 14th, because for some unknown reason, sovereigns are converted to credits with 1/3 of the event left.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

@Taylor3006 suggested a >>-->>>conversion rate for Guineas to Sovereigns<<<---<<, but would only work until patch 7.11 Nov 14th, because for some unknown reason, sovereigns are converted to credits with 1/3 of the event left.

That would be nice yes:Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,270
[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,485 battles
2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

That would be nice yes:Smile_smile:

Maybe if enough people suggest it, WG might do it. You do have until mid Nov to convince them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×