Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

ST Consumable changes with German Hydro Example (Dev Blog)

15 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,575 posts
3,751 battles

With all the subs and WV commotion, seems like we passed these ones :Smile_teethhappy:. The Hydro change seems solid, although I don't understand why Maass gets 4km whereas Z-39 5km...

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,121 posts
14,519 battles

Basically taking the gradual Hydro changes as the tier goes up, away.  Hydro will then be universal in tier groups.  For anyone curious, this is how Hydro currently is:

K9eENYS.jpg

WG's changes make the consumable universal in value for tier groups IV-VII and then VIII-X.  No more gradual stuff.  German Hydro will still be maintained as the best.

It's mostly a buff depending on the ship/tier.  I am amused however that WG wants to simplify Hydro values but then still makes exceptions to the new rules, which still keeps things more complicated.

The USN Smoke Gen changes looks to alter the Emission time.  Currently, USN Smoke Emission goes from 22 seconds at Tier II thru 30 seconds in Tier X.  Basically all USN Smoke will have Tier X Gearing's Emission time.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

Why is Bismarck not getting the 6km detection for Tier 8+?

Also... does Vigilance push out the ship detection range on hydro or just Torp detection?

Members
59 posts
2,171 battles
9 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Why is Bismarck not getting the 6km detection for Tier 8+?

Also... does Vigilance push out the ship detection range on hydro or just Torp detection?

Just torp, RN DDs can spot torps farther than ships if they have it. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles

They are giving Z-46 6k hydro? Seriously? Oh that's gonna be sadistic fun. :cap_haloween:

31 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Just torp detection. Love having Vigilance on my Z-46/52. Giant "No torpedo zone."

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,121 posts
14,519 battles
8 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

They are giving Z-46 6k hydro? Seriously? Oh that's gonna be sadistic fun. :cap_haloween:

Just torp detection. Love having Vigilance on my Z-46/52. Giant "No torpedo zone."

The days of Lo Yang easily out-Hydro'ing German DDs not named Z-52 will end.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
18 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The days of Lo Yang easily out-Hydro'ing German DDs not named Z-52 will end.

Wargaming: UK DD will be great at support and cap contesting.

*Wargaming buffs all high tier German Hydro to 6k.*

Everyone else: :cap_hmm:

Members
544 posts
2,957 battles

You guys aren't reading. The only ships getting buffed to 6km are cruisers which already had 5.5km or better ship detection. DDs are getting a slight buff. 6km hydro remains unique to cruisers, Z52, FDG, and GK.

LoYang will still out spot every german DD except Z52 by half a kilometer.

They unified ranges, not tier.

Edited by ksix

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

Would have never expected the Loyang to again be obsoleted. 

Members
544 posts
2,957 battles

Second post there specifies the new ranges

"5.5 km for ship detection range and 3.75 km for torpedoes detection range - Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Yorck, Graf Spee and Lo Yang.

6 km for ship detection range and 4 km for torpedoes detection range - Friedrich der Grosse, Grosser Kurfurst, Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg, Prinz Eugen and Z-52.

4 km for ship detection range and 3 km for torpedoes detection range - Graf Zeppelin, Ernst Gaede, Leberecht Maass and T-61.

5 km for ship detection range and 3,5 km for torpedoes detection range - Bismarck, Z-23, Z-46, Z-39.

This change doesn't affect British Destroyers."

So for example Roon is currently 5.7km, which is going to be changed to 6km, Z46 is currently 4.7km and is changing to 5km. LoYang stays around 5.5km which isn't matched or exceeded by any other DD except Z52 so nothing changes. The biggest buff is going to be Bismarck which gains .6km (currently 4.4).

They're basically just rounding most of the current distances up to the next kilometer so there is no more 4.78 or 5.62 etc.... 

Edited by ksix

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,121 posts
14,519 battles
5 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

giphy.webp

Beta Testers
852 posts
5,984 battles
6 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I don't think you'll see many Darings running from a German DD.

I think picking a fight with that thing at short range is going to be a bad idea. Lol

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
4 hours ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

I don't think you'll see many Darings running from a German DD.

I think picking a fight with that thing at short range is going to be a bad idea. Lol

Pffff. This thing has arcs worse than Gearing. Unless you get within 3k, it’s lunch meat just like a Gearing is 1 v 1. Oh they’ll damage me, just a matter of how much vs what I do to them. Just get them to shoot once and it’s game over for them. Open the range and take advantage of gun arcs and their gun bloom.

I’ve already seen them, already fought them. Not impressed. I’ve already stopped playing my beloved USN DDs because of 6.3, not touching these if this is how they go live. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

Well even if Bismarck isn't getting the boost to Tier 6 (which it should IMO), I'm happy my Prinz Eugen is getting another shot in the arm.  Love that cruiser.  Always have for historical reasons. . . now its awesome in game too.

Sign in to follow this