You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA for those unlocking British destroyers: upgraded hulls, etc.

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles

The hulls, fire control systems, engines, etc. of your early-bird unlocks come with all upgrades researched and paid for.

However, based on what happened to me with the French battleships, THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY COME SELECTED.

Make sure you manually SELECT the upgraded hull, fire control and whatever as soon as you get the ship, or you may wonder why you are doing poorly in her when all your friends are doing well. I must have got most or all the way through the entire Normandie grind before realising I hadn't done that yet, and had done the entire grind on the stock hull. Don't let that happen to you!

While we're here: a reminder that their premium status with regard to captain transfers ends when this patch does; after that, any captain in them could well be forced to begin retraining from square one.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

While we're here: a reminder that their premium status with regard to captain transfers ends when this patch does; after that, any captain in them could well be forced to begin retraining from square one.

Yep, with patch 7.10 dropping on Oct 17th releasing the full UK DD line, the early access UK DDs revert back to tech tree DDs.

Just wanted to provide the patch date

• Cool 1

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles

I would certainly appreciate it if they made any captain assigned to the DD automatically retrained to that DD when it rolls over though.

*cough* hint hint *cough* do it WG *cough* *hack* /goliedown

~thats much harder to type out on a phone~

~€¥*+^% couple more since I’m already at it $&;@€>#}

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The hulls, fire control systems, engines, etc. of your early-bird unlocks come with all upgrades researched and paid for.

However, based on what happened to me with the French battleships, THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY COME SELECTED.

Make sure you manually SELECT the upgraded hull, fire control and whatever as soon as you get the ship, or you may wonder why you are doing poorly in her when all your friends are doing well. I must have got most or all the way through the entire Normandie grind before realising I hadn't done that yet, and had done the entire grind on the stock hull. Don't let that happen to you!

If I am understanding WG's words correctly, the captain assigned to the ship when 7.10 drops, will be auto-trained for that ship.

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, SmokeHenge said:

I would certainly appreciate it if they made any captain assigned to the DD automatically retrained to that DD when it rolls over though.

*cough* hint hint *cough* do it WG *cough* *hack* /goliedown

~thats much harder to type out on a phone~

~€¥*+^% couple more since I’m already at it $&;@€>#}

I don't remember how they did it on the French BBs, wait one...

This is how the French BBs worked, so I bet the UK DDs will be the same;

Captains that came trained on the ship,  will still be trained on the ship if you haven't retrained him. If you moved in a captain that is trained on another ships, he will need to be retrained.

5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

If I am understanding WG's words correctly, the captain assigned to the ship when 7.10 drops, will be auto-trained for that ship.

Unfortunately, that is almost certainly incorrect. Captains assigned to the early access UK DDs will need retraining if it is not the captain that came with the DD. See the French BB event for how it will most likely work.

SrUts0l.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,614 posts
9,004 battles

You want to do this any time you get a premium and they are premium for now, many have alternate loadouts such as different torpedoes.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You want to do this any time you get a premium 

Yes and no. Taking the Monaghan as an example, there are days when I want to sail her as a C hull Farragut. Granted, you certainly want to LOOK at the options, else why did you put money down on the ship? :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You want to do this any time you get a premium and they are premium for now, many have alternate loadouts such as different torpedoes.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes and no. Taking the Monaghan as an example, there are days when I want to sail her as a C hull Farragut. Granted, you certainly want to LOOK at the options, else why did you put money down on the ship? :Smile_honoring:

Kept the following hulls for when I want to play AA on those ships. Nurnberg C, Farragut C, Mahan C, Omaha C, Monaghan B.

I picked up the Furutaka B again for the single guns to answer a question here on the Forum and decided to keep it for fun. 

I keep the alternate CV plane loadouts and all the premium ship alternate stuff as if you sell it, it is 0 silver.