You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
firemedic1428

Rocky start on the Fletcher

11 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Maybe patch weekend isn't the time to start off a new ship. Last was a 100k game for 1st on the losing team; the first match was 3rd due to capping four bases solo. Carried a 69% solo WR in the Benson, but this has me kind of miffed. 

Edit: And Im staying alive to late game, both I was the last or second to last killed (minus a camping Tirpitz)

fletch.jpg

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
491 posts
4,287 battles

Fletcher is a great ship. Give it some time and you will enjoy it greatly.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts
9,102 battles

If your playing the stock hull she’s probably not much better than an upgraded Benson. Once you get the better hull and torpedoes she really improves.

Edited by SavageTactical

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,028 battles
1 hour ago, firemedic1428 said:

Maybe patch weekend isn't the time to start off a new ship. Last was a 100k game for 1st on the losing team; the first match was 3rd due to capping four bases solo. Carried a 69% solo WR in the Benson, but this has me kind of miffed. 

Edit: And Im staying alive to late game, both I was the last or second to last killed (minus a camping Tirpitz)

fletch.jpg

What skills are you using because some skills will really make the ship sing for you. :Smile_smile:

Members
1,154 posts
3,146 battles

I had a rough start with my Yamato. My win/loss was something like 2-9 at one point. Now it's up to 45%. Your winrate might take a big hit but hang in there and it will climb back up. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
2 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

If your playing the stock hull she’s probably not much better than an upgraded Benson. Once you get the better hull and torpedoes she really improves.

Fully upgraded, I always use free XP to not play a stock ship. 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What skills are you using because some skills will really make the ship sing for you. :Smile_smile:

19 Point Captain. Priority target, last stand, AR, Survivability Expert, Torp Arm expert, concealment and RPF

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
24 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I had a rough start with my Yamato. My win/loss was something like 2-9 at one point. Now it's up to 45%. Your winrate might take a big hit but hang in there and it will climb back up. 

Same for me in Benson. I started out with 1 win in 6 battles (17%). Ugh.

Now I'm at 14/23 (61%).

Just gotta' get through your sea trials and you'll be back where you want to be.

I'm looking forward to the Fletcher though, so if you have any advice, please share.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
6 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Same for me in Benson. I started out with 1 win in 6 battles (17%). Ugh.

Now I'm at 14/23 (61%).

Just gotta' get through your sea trials and you'll be back where you want to be.

I'm looking forward to the Fletcher though, so if you have any advice, please share.

I dunno how much I could improve. Both losses I have over a 1900 base XP where half my team cleared 700, with a few 300xp teammates 

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,154 battles

Typically it takes me a little while for a new ship to click, keep at it

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,154 battles
5 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

I dunno how much I could improve. Both losses I have over a 1900 base XP where half my team cleared 700, with a few 300xp teammates 

Getting crap teams will level out over time as well... the wins will come

• Cool 1

[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,156 battles

2 games isn't really good for determining ur actual performance, get like 25 or so before u try to evaluate.

Divisions also help increase your WR, assuming your division partners are good players.