You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

ACASTA Upgrades

5 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,231 battles

I'm not much of DD captain, but I just received the British DD Acasta from the mission. What upgrades would you suggest? I was thinking  Main Armaments 1, Propulsion 1, Aiming system 1. Depending on the CV rework goes, might swap out Aiming system1 for AA Gun 2.

[LANCE]
Members
314 posts
3,290 battles

I’d leave out the AA and go with Aiming System 1. Most the DD’s at tier V’s AA consist of the Capt and 1st mate standing on the deck with their pistols! Adding AA mod just means they get to sit in a swiveling chair instead :cap_haloween:

• Funny 3

[BOTES]
Members
161 posts
3,152 battles

Considering Acasta's AA is 11 DPS at 2.5km and 5 at 1.2, you'd likely be better off not even bothering with AA. The CV rework is also a loooooong way down the road, so again, don't even bother thinking about it for now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
59 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’d leave out the AA and go with Aiming System 1. Most the DD’s at tier V’s AA consist of the Capt and 1st mate standing on the deck with their pistols! Adding AA mod just means they get to sit in a swiveling chair instead :cap_haloween:

Tier 6/7 is where DD AA can actually start getting plane kills. Before that about all y9ou can hope for is to panic the attacking planes.

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles

With Aiming Systems mod 1, your main gun dispersion goes from 90m at 11.1km to 84m, Your torp traverse goes from 7.2sec to 6sec.

With Main Battery mod 2, your main gun traverse goes from 18sec for 180 deg turn to 15.7sec for a 180deg turn. Your gun reload goes from 5 sec to 5.25sec.

WIth AA Guns mod 2, your AA goes from 11DPS at 2.5km & 4 DPS at 1.2km to 11 DPS at 3km and 4 DPS at 1.4km.

Personally, I plan on going with MBM2 as the 1/4 sec more reload is offset by the faster turrets IMO. I will stick EM on the captain when I hit 12 pts and then it will take 12.9 sec for a 180 deg turn on the main guns, helping vs other DDs and when dodging and returning fire.

If you don't like losing reload and the slower turret traverse is not a problem, then go for ASM1 as 6m better dispersion is better than nothing.

I would only go for AAGM2 if you don't think the dispersion bonus or main gun traverse bonus are worth anything and you hate planes.