You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jsharpe3

Currency

7 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
33 posts
1,347 battles

I don't mind all the new currencies that have been brought forth. But I would like to be able to use them towards a discount in the premium shop. For example I want to purchase the Cossack admiral 2 pack. But it cost $117 Canadian. Why not use the Guinea much like the coupons in the arsenal to give you a further discount. I understand economic on the other end and everyone needs a paycheque yada yada. But a player is very limited and I am more frustrated that if I want just the basic Cossack. I can now buy Guineas in the shop and not earn them towards getting a free Cossack sort of speak. You get combat mission cards to play when you purchase the English crates earning you a free ship after you have completed the requirement. Which I think is great. The whole all or nothing buying option is a little frustrating and would be nice to have a chance to discount the purchase price of ships with the constant evolving in game currencies. We have, coal, copper, steel, coins, dubloons, molybdenum. It's just getting to be a very suffocating money grab of which I really like this game and I'm funneling way to much money into as I am a relatively new player.

The flip side would be to just not buy and self control. I realize that. But why should I be limited in such a manner. If the somewhat very little skill I have doesn't earn me any significant chance to get a new ship or upgrades it is very frustrating.

I think we would like to see a more uniformed and refined entrenched economy is this game. With the principle that skill gives you a greater discount on the ultimate goal you wish to achieve and finally be able to spend your hard earned money to purchase what you wish in the game.

That's what I would like. Anyone else have anything more to add would be great!

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

It is called "marketing". Not counting the $1 Cossack you can get in game, it is more expensive to purchase in the shop (US$43.53) than purchasing enough Guineas ($39.99 for 40 plus $0.99 for 10).

WG's math is strange.

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts
8 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

It is called "marketing". Not counting the $1 Cossack you can get in game, it is more expensive to purchase in the shop (US$43.53) than purchasing enough Guineas ($39.99 for 40 plus $0.99 for 10).

WG's math is strange.

I believe most of the difference is the port slot perhaps.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I believe most of the difference is the port slot perhaps.

No, both premium shop and arsenal gives port slot.

I believe the difference is the X3 XP Missions. The Arsenal option (from what I've read) does not supply those missions, while the one in the premium shop does give those missions.

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

No, both premium shop and arsenal gives port slot.

I believe the difference is the X3 XP Missions. The Arsenal option (from what I've read) does not supply those missions, while the one in the premium shop does give those missions.

Interesting, I hadn't noticed the port slot was in the arsenal option. Maybe it is the missions like you suspect.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Interesting, I hadn't noticed the port slot was in the arsenal option. Maybe it is the missions like you suspect.

one of is correct, that's for sure. I won't be able to double check until later today.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles

It appears to be the missions and the impatience fee. :)

TID1YRX.jpg

4YI2NBR.jpg