You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Jingles previews the Cossack

22 comments in this topic

[-WPG-]
Members
828 posts
3,401 battles

And actually posts a video of himself playing it. 

I've never been an especially good DD captain, and this boat doesn't seem especially impressive other than its concealment, but I'll probably get it if I can acquire it for less than $5 at the end of the event.

• Cool 3

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Given that you can get ten guineas for $0.99 in the Premium Shop (website, not in-game), then I'd say you can definitely get the Cossack for under $5.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

Agreed, and it was nice to see a preview video where the ship is bottom tier.  I've been on and off with the DDs lately, but for only a few dollars after the guineas - worth trying it out I think.

[WORX]
Members
1,888 posts
12,969 battles

As much as I hate to give negativity on this ship, I for one will pass on this DD. 

Those of you who are Brits or DD main will love this DD for sure. As for me meh lol

Members
629 posts
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

As much as I hate to give negativity on this ship, I for one will pass on this DD. 

Those of you who are Brits or DD main will love this DD for sure. As for me meh lol

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,321 battles
5 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Given that you can get ten guineas for $0.99 in the Premium Shop (website, not in-game), then I'd say you can definitely get the Cossack for under $5.

Only as a one-off per user. After that they default to the regular price, but it's still a fifth of the ship for under a US dollar.

[4HIM]
Members
1,818 posts
4,176 battles

Figure if I can pick it up for minimal outlay, maybe I will.  But with the current T8 MM and over abundance of radar, I doubt it would get a lot of play.  And like the Gallant, it has practically no AA.  So once the Sky Cancer rework drops, it will become a port queen.  

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,321 battles

If it comes down to that, they might give the main armament AA capability.

[EQRN]
Members
348 posts
8,987 battles

It is available in the Arsenal for 50 guineas.  48 guineas can be earned via British missions.  10 can be had for $1.  Another way to look at the 10 guineas for a dollar is, you can miss 8 British missions and still get it, or get it in 10 weeks instead of 12.

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles

I keep reading about earning 48 guineas for the "royal navy" missions.  I cannot see how this is possible.   You get a total of one guinea per day for completing 4 or 5 of the total days missions.  I can't see any other guinea rewards.  The news article says you can earn 48, as does the above post.  Am I missing something?  Also this reference to 10 guineas for $1 is not what I see.  For me, both on the web or in game store it's $1 for 1 guinea.  I wouldn't mind spending $5 for a ship but not $50.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles

The way they hand the ship out seems a bit like "we have no clue how to make this ship workable for the majority, give them a chance to earn it for $1".

[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,062 battles

Well, right now Cossack stats on the servers is underwhelming.

72 games ( of which I played 12) at 44.28% W/R.

My W/R is currently 58.33% so it's not me dragging it down.  :Smile-_tongue:

I suspect they'll be buffing this ship in the next 90 days.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,062 battles
1 minute ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

I actually think I do better in Tier X in the Cossack than in lower tiers. Lol

shot-18_09.22_12_00.58-0437.thumb.jpg.cfa27bee96e2815adb08b1ecc59d08c6.jpg

Lowest HP record for me and still win.

Beta Testers
852 posts
5,984 battles
1 minute ago, Bill_Halsey said:

shot-18_09.22_12_00.58-0437.thumb.jpg.cfa27bee96e2815adb08b1ecc59d08c6.jpg

Lowest HP record for me and still win.

Haha nice. I call it "efficiency"

I only have 6 battles but I'm at 66% WR so we know the server stats ain't us. LOL 

• Funny 1

[FFLY]
Members
82 posts
4,489 battles
On 9/22/2018 at 2:33 PM, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

Haha nice. I call it "efficiency"

I only have 6 battles but I'm at 66% WR so we know the server stats ain't us. LOL 

Sounds like another Indianapolis?

[LOU1]
Members
3,085 posts
8,164 battles
On 9/22/2018 at 2:01 PM, 2Zons said:

I keep reading about earning 48 guineas for the "royal navy" missions.  I cannot see how this is possible.   You get a total of one guinea per day for completing 4 or 5 of the total days missions.  I can't see any other guinea rewards.  The news article says you can earn 48, as does the above post.  Am I missing something?  Also this reference to 10 guineas for $1 is not what I see.  For me, both on the web or in game store it's $1 for 1 guinea.  I wouldn't mind spending $5 for a ship but not $50.

@2Zons: 3 Stages of 4 weeks  with 4 Directives per week (one drops per day the first four days of a Stage) with 1 Guinea per Directive is 3 x 4 x 4 = 48.

To see the Special Offer, make sure you are logged into the website (unless it has been removed?)

EDIT:  Just checked through another account and it is still there.  You must be logged in to the WOWS website (you are or you couldn't post), and you can only buy it once (page will not display after you buy it):

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/8099/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
3,085 posts
8,164 battles
On 9/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Bill_Halsey said:

Well, right now Cossack stats on the servers is underwhelming.

72 games ( of which I played 12) at 44.28% W/R.

My W/R is currently 58.33% so it's not me dragging it down.  :Smile-_tongue:

I suspect they'll be buffing this ship in the next 90 days.

The Devs like a ship's stats to "settle".  They have mentioned around 6 months when talking about looking at stats to decide on changes.  They're looking for a thousands of battles...

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles
On 9/29/2018 at 8:18 PM, ExploratorOne said:

@2Zons: 3 Stages of 4 weeks  with 4 Directives per week (one drops per day the first four days of a Stage) with 1 Guinea per Directive is 3 x 4 x 4 = 48.

To see the Special Offer, make sure you are logged into the website (unless it has been removed?)

EDIT:  Just checked through another account and it is still there.  You must be logged in to the WOWS website (you are or you couldn't post), and you can only buy it once (page will not display after you buy it):

Am I missing something?  I have logged in every day since the Royal Navy event started.  I have done all the directives, come in top 5% of hall of fame, but I have only earned 8 Guineas.  Where are the extra 3 per week supposed to be coming from.  Each day's directives only have one Guinea for completing X amount, I don't see where else you get them. 

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
41 posts
2,345 battles
22 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

Am I missing something?  I have logged in every day since the Royal Navy event started.  I have done all the directives, come in top 5% of hall of fame, but I have only earned 8 Guineas.  Where are the extra 3 per week supposed to be coming from.  Each day's directives only have one Guinea for completing X amount, I don't see where else you get them. 

The Event is broken down in 3 Stages, Chapters or Themes.  Each of these Stages, Chapter or Themes are made up of 4 weeks worth of Directives.  If you complete all of the Directives in the Event, you will earn a max of 48 Guineas.

Since we are at the end of the second week of the event you should only have a max of 8 "Directive awarded free" Guineas.  You will need to purchase at least 2 Guineas to receive the Cossack through the Arsenal.  As mentioned above you can purchase from the Premium shop 10 Guineas for $1.00 USD as a one-time purchase.  You need to be logged into the store to see this "special" offer.

The Hall of Fame does not award Guineas at any level, just flags, badges, camos and crates.

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles

Ah, OK..  So the event is going on for 3 months, not 1.  I see, thanks.  Wow, that will be lots of opportunity to earn all the UK DD's