Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_1001278837

Acasta camo

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

657
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles

It's going to be a tech tree ship after the next patch drops.  That's the just the 'standard' stuff it says on a premium ship, which it sort of is (and sort of not) at the moment, since you can't advance to the next ship right now.

They just didn't bother to edit the 'usual' premium ship stuff.  Try not to nitpick and make a federal case out of it.

Tier Vs generally don't have access to a premium camo, with a few exceptions. (New York is one)

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
10 minutes ago, Wittman73 said:

So I finished the mission and picked up an Acasta, but..........no free perma camo?  It clearly states that it's supposed to come with it, am I missing something?

acasta.JPG

4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

It's going to be a tech tree ship after the next patch drops.  That's the just the 'standard' stuff it says on a premium ship, which it sort of is (and sort of not) at the moment, since you can't advance to the next ship right now.

They just didn't bother to edit the 'usual' premium ship stuff.  Try not to nitpick and make a federal case out of it.

Tier Vs generally don't have access to a premium camo, with a few exceptions. (New York is one)

 

Yep. no perma-camo for the early access DDs come with the missions. The T6+ should have the normal perma-camo options for doubloons in game.

wE8jBeA.jpg

SLo9dOr.jpg

 

 

As for T5 perma-camo, only New York and Emerald have perma-camo available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
155 posts
6,573 battles
11 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

It's going to be a tech tree ship after the next patch drops.  That's the just the 'standard' stuff it says on a premium ship, which it sort of is (and sort of not) at the moment, since you can't advance to the next ship right now.

They just didn't bother to edit the 'usual' premium ship stuff.  Try not to nitpick and make a federal case out of it.

Tier Vs generally don't have access to a premium camo, with a few exceptions. (New York is one)

 

LOL, it's responses like these that are annoying. I asked a simple question, perfectly legitimate if you look at my screenshot where it clearly states that it comes with the permacamo, which at the very least is contradictory to information provided in the release notes.  Yet somehow you interpret this as nitpicking and making a federal case out of it?  C'mon man! 

Thanks to @Kizarvexis for providing a salt-free answer and re-posting the fine print!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
1 minute ago, Wittman73 said:

LOL, it's responses like these that are annoying. I asked a simple question, perfectly legitimate if you look at my screenshot where it clearly states that it comes with the permacamo, which at the very least is contradictory to information provided in the release notes.  Yet somehow you interpret this as nitpicking and making a federal case out of it?  C'mon man! 

Thanks to @Kizarvexis for providing a salt-free answer and re-posting the fine print!

You reacted to my tone the same way I did to yours.  I meant it in a cautionary way, as in "It's explained now, let's not get bent out of shape!", but, that's not what you saw.  

Life goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, Wittman73 said:

LOL, it's responses like these that are annoying. I asked a simple question, perfectly legitimate if you look at my screenshot where it clearly states that it comes with the permacamo, which at the very least is contradictory to information provided in the release notes.  Yet somehow you interpret this as nitpicking and making a federal case out of it?  C'mon man! 

Thanks to @Kizarvexis for providing a salt-free answer and re-posting the fine print!

Unfortunately, you got caught up in the many people who have been complaining about the event since it started. I have been salty a bit as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
335 posts
3,661 battles

It's likely faster for WG to just flag them as a premium boat (That comes with the default explanation) and all then just swap them to elite status boats when the proper patch hits.  Pretty sure when the arpeggio ships came out they had the same description (Even though they get no camo at all!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,017
[ARGSY]
Members
6,348 posts
4,275 battles
8 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

As for T5 perma-camo, only New York and Emerald have perma-camo available.

 

Wait, what? WHERE? HOW? (WHEN? I probably missed it, didn't I?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
573 posts
3,672 battles

Emerald has permacamo?

It's a FEDERAL CASE now?!?!  Crap, hide the guns!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
Spoiler

 

I was going to ask why they couldn't recycle the ARP info, but then I realized that it specifically mentions only Arpeggio stuff and I confused it with Ship Peculiarities. Which was already mentioned in a screen above. I don't have any HSF or Dragon ships, so I can't grab anything on it quickly or know if they're any different. 

7Pox4zz.png

 

Yeb, they're pseudo-premiums that will become regular tech tree ships later on. Though I forget if your accolades and records reset when they do. Interesting that sneak peek ships don't come with their own benefits tab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wait, what? WHERE? HOW? (WHEN? I probably missed it, didn't I?)

 

1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Emerald has permacamo?

It's a FEDERAL CASE now?!?!  Crap, hide the guns!!!

They were an in-game purchase, so if you don't see them in the Emerald camo section, then it must have been a limited time sale. Check back around St. Patrick's Day as that is when I bought mine.

wKFtPoS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,017
[ARGSY]
Members
6,348 posts
4,275 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

They were an in-game purchase, so if you don't see them in the Emerald camo section, then it must have been a limited time sale. Check back around St. Patrick's Day as that is when I bought mine.

wKFtPoS.jpg

I think I was still running a free-to-play philosophy back then, plus at the time I was still so glad to be rid of the ship that I probably would not have bought it anyway. I will check next time I'm in game. I had 1K doubloons sitting around a few days ago, but eight port slots at 120 dbl a shot offered far more flexibility in terms of future fleet composition (try saying that when you're stumbling drunk).

There's no rush, as I rarely take her out save for battles where I just need a few base XP to get me across the line and I want some fun and reminiscing.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
13 battles

Wish I knew it was a "typo", wouldn't have bothered. But seriously, considering the effort to add a new ship, how hard is it to edit some text and get your sh!t straight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×