Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Hipper. Glass engine?

5 comments in this topic

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,375 battles

Grinding the Hindeburg and just got the Hipper, which I'm happy about because the Yorck was one of the least-fun ships I've played so far.  I've only played 5 games in the Hipper, but in 3 games I got my engine knocked out -- in one game multiple times. 

Is that just bad luck?  In 32 games in the Yorck I don't remember the engine or rudder being knocked out that many times.

I searched and see some are recommending Last Stand in the Hipper.  Is that something recommended for the Roon and/or Hipper?  Because I have a 14pt captain and that's an expensive respec. It it's not needed on the last 2 KM CA's I might just have to suffer through it. 

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
335 posts
3,664 battles

Just took a look at my hippo.  I don't have LS or Prop mod on it.  Usually I will have Prop mod if the engine goes out excessively (Like on the Yubari).  It's been a while since I played my hippo but I usually will sail within 11-14km engagement range then kite away playing the ship like a rear turreted ship would handle like the Myoko.  I'm not sure where the propulsion hitbox is on it but considering the stacks are on the front 1/3 of the ship aggroing and kiting away might be useful.  If it's helpful, great otherwise that's just my 2 cents.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,734 posts
8,289 battles

Hipper / Eugen have weak engine. If a Henri HE spam you, good luck trying to get out of him with your engine constantly getting disabled. 

That's the only thing that bother me with this ship. 

Don't bother taking LS. Roon and Hindy have better engine 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

I have it on my Hindy, but only because it was crucial for KBerg and NBerg.

At this point, there's really nothing worth the respec, although I probably will if a free one comes up.

[POP]
Members
599 posts
12,017 battles

I had horrible issues with Yorck losing engine constantly (though I did like the crap), I felt like Hipper was a little better, but this was a long time ago before a lot of buffs they all got. You for sure don't need LS on Hindy though, so if you spec for it keep in mind you will want to either pay for respect or take advantage of a free one to change it if the captain is not staying on that ship.

Sign in to follow this