Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

First on Team to Die; made top 3 anyway

7 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,041 posts
3,580 battles

Story Time: I was way too stubborn to move with the rest of the team. I was placed near C, and by gosh was I going to C. My Team won, and we only had 4 players die. The deaths occurred in this order: Harugumo (Me), Cleveland, Gearing, Fletcher. I get First Blood, by killing an Enemy Kitakaze, but I also heavily injured a Worcester. The damage I dealt, was enough to put me in the top 3 experience earners on the team, despite being the first to die on my team... Our Cleveland died also trying to take C without team support... Please do not see this as a name-and-shame, outside of that 1 act, he did pretty well. Screenshots in the spoiler. Here be Replay

Spoiler

20180921200552_1.thumb.jpg.aa2c4602631c6caa31a90c08b320f69b.jpg

20180921200549_1.thumb.jpg.f2e6718b978cb6d9a93ec9ccada32cbe.jpg

20180921200556_1.thumb.jpg.d26926cf3a7802420d568b374c1eda1b.jpg

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[HEROS]
Members
1,431 posts
12,086 battles

Happens to me way way WAY more then I'd like to see...  Was driving my Kagero yesterday .. took out a BB with torps.. he ate 5!.  Took out a Benson with guns.  damaged 2 cruisers (the torps that missed the BB)  Only two ships opposition team that got sunk and I'm the one that took em down..  Everyone else on my team died with zero kills.  Battleships and Cruisers to busy avoiding getting shot at to get out and SHOOT.  I died under a hail of fire from 3 cruisers and 2 BB's that were all out in the open, broadside to the other players on my side, holding steady course and speed.   

There are days it doesn't pay to leave port.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles

If you ever needed something to confirm that your team was from spud city ... 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,041 posts
3,580 battles
18 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Happens to me way way WAY more then I'd like to see...  Was driving my Kagero yesterday .. took out a BB with torps.. he ate 5!.  Took out a Benson with guns.  damaged 2 cruisers (the torps that missed the BB)  Only two ships opposition team that got sunk and I'm the one that took em down..  Everyone else on my team died with zero kills.  Battleships and Cruisers to busy avoiding getting shot at to get out and SHOOT.  I died under a hail of fire from 3 cruisers and 2 BB's that were all out in the open, broadside to the other players on my side, holding steady course and speed.   

There are days it doesn't pay to leave port.

UGH I hate those days. I'm just glad this was different, in that my team won. But the fact that I made top 3 despite my early death, is still way too scary.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,402 posts
13,130 battles
59 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

UGH I hate those days. I'm just glad this was different, in that my team won. But the fact that I made top 3 despite my early death, is still way too scary.

Blaze o Glory - somebody has to carry the flag into battle :)

Members
4,840 posts
5,599 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

But the fact that I made top 3 despite my early death, is still way too scary.

It simply means that your team was bad, and the enemy team was worse. :Smile_ohmy:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,473 posts
8,148 battles

If I had a dollar for every game I was top of the team, or at least top 3, being the first or second to die, I'd be able to buy a new, high end gaming computer, with money to spare. Problem is that unfortunately, my team still usually ends up losing - even when I am first to die, take 3 of the enemy ships with me, and leave 2 others wounded. 

Sign in to follow this