You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Never seen so many simultaneous missions ...

15 comments in this topic

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

No screenshots, but I've had as many as 7 in the little "plus missions" window...

...and I am NOT complaining! :cap_win:

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
178 posts
5,475 battles
33 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

No screenshots, but I've had as many as 7 in the little "plus missions" window...

...and I am NOT complaining! :cap_win:

Holy C$%P ... Guess I was away from the game awhile, Kizarvexis.  Things were once much simpler ... in many ways. :cap_wander_2:Oh, and I'm not complaining either, Goodwood_Alpha.

Edited by DocWalker

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
7 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Holy C$%P ... Guess I was away from the game awhile, Kizarvexis.  Things were once much simpler ... in many ways. :cap_wander_2:Oh, and I'm not complaining either, Goodwood_Alpha.

It is a function of the RN event going on right now. Directive III of Stage 1 dropped today and it has 7 missions. Directive II has 6 and Directive I has 5. Directive IV will drop tomorrow with 7 more Missions. You have until 7am EST Tuesday to complete the four Directives. You don't have to complete all the missions to complete a Directive. More info on the RN event here.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
11 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Didn't mean to suggest that you were... :Smile_honoring:

@Kizarvexis I also had all four of the British DD missions active at the same time as well, contributing to the overflow. Still, it is a different (and, IMHO, more interesting) format for implementing campaigns, so I am kind of hoping it sets a new standard that the WoWS devs will follow in future.

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,937 battles

But if you have no tier 7-8 British DD you are shy one mission ( and potential premium crate rewards...)

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
9 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Didn't mean to suggest that you were... :Smile_honoring:

@Kizarvexis I also had all four of the British DD missions active at the same time as well, contributing to the overflow. Still, it is a different (and, IMHO, more interesting) format for implementing campaigns, so I am kind of hoping it sets a new standard that the WoWS devs will follow in future.

When the French BBs came out earlier this year, this 3 patch line release format was what they planned to do for the future.

3 minutes ago, verkhne said:

But if you have no tier 7-8 British DD you are shy one mission ( and potential premium crate rewards...)

True, but you still can complete the Directives without needing a UK DD.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

When the French BBs came out earlier this year, this 3 patch line release format was what they planned to do for the future.

That's not quite what I meant; I'm referring to the cycling directives style of temporary campaign that is currently going on. I'd love to see similar ones for different nations, with the art exploring themes consistent with the focus nation's culture.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

That's not quite what I meant; I'm referring to the cycling directives style of temporary campaign that is currently going on. I'd love to see similar ones for different nations, with the art exploring themes consistent with the focus nation's culture.

Well, depending on what the next line is, we could. I think it will either be Italian CL/CAs or French DDs, but the last line the Dev blog talked about was the UK DDs coming out next patch on Oct 17th. Either a French or Italian campaign like this would be cool. Or the long rumored RU BBs.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

Yeah there is lots going on. I am happy that most can be done at the same time, no grinding one mission before you can move on to the next. Very appreciative for this change. I do have concerns about the tasks that require a tier 7+ UK DD. I don't expect to get one from a crate, am not buying any so anything I get will be a freebie. I hopefully will get Cossack by earning the 40 additional coins I need BUT am wondering if I can actually farm all the coins even though I don't have a tier 7+ UK DD? I only have the Gallant. Worried that I may be stuck in a Catch 22 situation. 

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah there is lots going on. I am happy that most can be done at the same time, no grinding one mission before you can move on to the next. Very appreciative for this change. I do have concerns about the tasks that require a tier 7+ UK DD. I don't expect to get one from a crate, am not buying any so anything I get will be a freebie. I hopefully will get Cossack by earning the 40 additional coins I need BUT am wondering if I can actually farm all the coins even though I don't have a tier 7+ UK DD? I only have the Gallant. Worried that I may be stuck in a Catch 22 situation. 

Nope. You get Guineas for completing the Directives and you can complete the Directives without a UK DD. Next patch, Oct 17th, the full UK DD line drops and everyone can work to a T7+ UK DD. The Directives are 4 each week until the last Directive drops Dec 8th. If the RN containers are the same every week you can get up to 480 Sovereigns through early morning Nov 13th. The Sovereigns are turned into credits on Nov 14th. Guineas are expected to be converted to credits on Jan 9th when patch 8.0 drops.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

Thanks Kiz, hadn't read thru the entire UK missions yet. I hope that once we get the Cossack, we can go back and finish the rest of the missions. Would hate to miss out on crates and more importantly, oil because I didn't have the right boat. 

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
On 9/21/2018 at 9:26 PM, Taylor3006 said:

Thanks Kiz, hadn't read thru the entire UK missions yet. I hope that once we get the Cossack, we can go back and finish the rest of the missions. Would hate to miss out on crates and more importantly, oil because I didn't have the right boat. 

Unfortunately, no. Each Stage starts on Wed and ends on the next Wed (early morning). Once a stage ends, you can not go back and complete old stages.

Edited by Kizarvexis
stages end on Wed

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles

So highest confirmed is +7 missions at once.  Can anyone top that?

BZ5fxE3.jpg