You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cdr84

Battle Royale

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
69 posts

So tired of passive hiding players, we need a battle royale type moving inward boundry to drag people into the game.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,270 battles

I've heard that the devs actually tossed that idea around a bit, but no official news yet. As for true passive, hiding players, they usually get theirs with low damage counts or losing the match.

[SALVO]
Members
17,033 posts
17,629 battles
1 hour ago, Cdr84 said:

So tired of passive hiding players, we need a battle royale type moving inward boundry to drag people into the game.

I'm sorry but this is a dumb idea.

I'm sick and tired of people trying to force the game into being nothing but short range brawling.  I absolutely DO NOT GET why people think that short range brawling is so "fun".  To me, I loathe it.  To me, true naval combat occurs at respectable ranges.  This isn't the age of sail where you had to sail right up to within less than a boat length of the enemy's ship before you could do serious damage.  This is 20th century naval combat where day battles occurred at a pretty fair range.  Only during night actions could you expect ranges to get a lot shorter, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
36 minutes ago, Cdr84 said:

There was one, it was in the Halloween thing last year, but that wasn't PvP.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles
37 minutes ago, Cdr84 said:

It's not so farfetched.  Studding the boundary with short-range forts that will fire on anything detected for 2 minutes is a possibility that was discussed here.  (Who knows what goes on in St. Pete.)

[B2P]
Members
511 posts
13,612 battles
38 minutes ago, Cdr84 said:

Give the new game mode, Arms Race, a try.  It does promote teams getting closer together, and has randomized objective locations, so it keeps it fresher.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Hit me with that slurp juice bretheren

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 hour ago, Cdr84 said:

Fat chance, they'd just hide at the edges and snipe away.

[TBOW]
Members
208 posts
1,849 battles

What makes this game great is the fact that there’s no battle royale

among other thugs of course 

Edited by embeddeddear97

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
780 posts
6,663 battles

It's called Arms Race, albeit only for T9-T10 ships. If you don't contest buffs or the large cap circle that spawns in the middle of the map, you lose the match.

Members
9,958 posts
1 hour ago, Cdr84 said:

Why do people think this will work? Players will simply stop playing rather than be forced to actually get involved in the battle.:Smile_amazed:

I hate that game play too, but I'm not naive enough to think anything will change this player base.

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles
1 hour ago, Cdr84 said:

It was on the devblog when they posted about new modes for the game imagine arms race but the buffs being in a shrinking circle. I would love to battle royals make it’s place in world of warships.

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,013 battles

I don't play battle royals games, but I'd take that over subs.

Edited by SithSteel