Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

What requirements to play special Halloween events?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

325
[_RNG_]
Members
711 posts
5,745 battles

Asking for a friend.

No, seriously, I am asking for someone else: my kids.

For those of you who've been around longer than me, what level will be required to be able to play the creepy, awesome looking sea-creature subs and whatever other special stuff for Halloween? (Your most educated guess/prediction obviously.)

My son saw the pics of the Octopus sub and death-rat sub and is looking forward to playing them.

Will he need to have ships of a certain tier to unlock them (like Space Battles) or to get into them (like Operations)? Will he need to be a certain Level?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

I think they'll probably do like last year. If you do a VERY easy mission (Like play 3 random battles or something), you get credited the custom ships that can only be used in that operation and disappear after the operation expires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,901 battles

Last year's requirements was just to be at account level 8.

The Halloween ships and commanders were automatically credited to the account  the first time you logged in after the event started.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/doin-me-a-frighten/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/thegatehasopened/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/dasha-jekyll-and-mistress-tide/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,666
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,664 posts
12,090 battles
3 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's just an operation, which it think requires level 8 or 9. 

Captains level. Last year there were two different operations, one with the tier 3 special ships and the other with tier 8 special ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
[_RNG_]
Members
711 posts
5,745 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Captains level. Last year there were two different operations, one with the tier 3 special ships and the other with tier 8 special ships.

Cool, thanks @BrushWolf

I hope Tier 3 is good enough. Neither of my kids are above Tier 4 and they'll be bummed if they can't play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,182
[RKLES]
Members
9,858 posts
11,690 battles
9 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

Asking for a friend.

No, seriously, I am asking for someone else: my kids.

For those of you who've been around longer than me, what level will be required to be able to play the creepy, awesome looking sea-creature subs and whatever other special stuff for Halloween? (Your most educated guess/prediction obviously.)

My son saw the pics of the Octopus sub and death-rat sub and is looking forward to playing them.

Will he need to have ships of a certain tier to unlock them (like Space Battles) or to get into them (like Operations)? Will he need to be a certain Level?

Thanks in advance.

Think it requires a computer, internet connection, and huge bowl of candy sitting nearby to do a Halloween event in WOWs... :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,990
[ARGSY]
Members
13,406 posts
8,602 battles
2 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

Cool, thanks @BrushWolf

I hope Tier 3 is good enough. Neither of my kids are above Tier 4 and they'll be bummed if they can't play.

They GIVE you the ships. You do the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
[_RNG_]
Members
711 posts
5,745 battles

:cap_like:

Awesome, that sounds good.

I just remember that my kid couldn't do Space Battles because they only GIVE you the ships of you're already at a certain tier. I'm trying to guess what tier that is so everybody gets to play. I know for Space Battles it was higher than tier 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,990
[ARGSY]
Members
13,406 posts
8,602 battles
4 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

:cap_like:

Awesome, that sounds good.

I just remember that my kid couldn't do Space Battles because they only GIVE you the ships of you're already at a certain tier. I'm trying to guess what tier that is so everybody gets to play. I know for Space Battles it was higher than tier 3.

Space Battles required you to play a ship of a given type (CV, CA, BB, DD) to get access to the spacecraft of that type. This one just gives you the ships as far as I can recall. Past events also gave you 19 point captains that earn elite commander XP, which is a valuable thing to mine when you can. If you've got kids playing, it's a relief to know that team damage is turned off. They don't always take the greatest care with torpedoes, which is why I only let mine play in Tier 1 right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×