You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

RN DD's from crates: loaners, or yours to keep?

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

This may be a stupid question, but I read that you can get missions from the RN crates for early access to the tier 5-8 RN DD's. Are these rentals & only playable until the line drops, or will I still have them once the line is introduced? 

[BIAS]
Members
3,147 posts
9,228 battles

You will still have them. They act like a premium ship because the tech tree is not accessible for them right now. But next patch the tech tree will be up and running

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

This may be a stupid question, but I read that you can get missions from the RN crates for early access to the tier 5-8 RN DD's. Are these rentals & only playable until the line drops, or will I still have them once the line is introduced? 

They're yours to keep you just won't be able to research the next ship in line till the line comes out in rhe next patch. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll get a mission or two. That's pretty sweet to be able to skip grinding the low tier ships.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
28 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll get a mission or two. That's pretty sweet to be able to skip grinding the low tier ships.

Yeah it rocks. If you actively try for crates, hitting tier 6 or 7 is easy. I started at Lyon for the French BB line. I had the tier 5 and 6 for a few games each, but I have never played the tier 3 and 4 French BBs, yet I have republique:Smile-_tongue:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,835 posts
1,327 battles
37 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

It's the T5-T8 that you can get if you're lucky. You'll still need 2-4, but you can get T2 cued up on Weymouth..

[FSA2]
[FSA2]
Members
2 posts
1,196 battles

Are these crates gained thru normal gameplay or thru some sort of gained currency? And do I have to complete some sort of task first to get them?

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,397 battles
1 minute ago, Cyberjock1 said:

Are these crates gained thru normal gameplay or thru some sort of gained currency? And do I have to complete some sort of task first to get them?

You get these crates by completing the various missions and directives in the Royal Navy event. You can also purchase containers in the premium shop. Note that an RN DD mission isn't guaranteed whenever you open a Royal Navy crate.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,963 battles

Wasted money on 5 crates and got the mission for the tier 5 DD....

Can I get my money back, please?

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
On 21/09/2018 at 8:13 PM, Thraxian said:

Wasted money on 5 crates and got the mission for the tier 5 DD....

Can I get my money back, please?

Got the mission for the T7 Jervis in a 5-crate buy, got the missions for Acasta and Icarus in the mission stages, and hoping the get Lightening with any luck tomorrow. Jervis and Acasta are already in my port, and I played Jervis to finish out the missions requiring T7-T8 RN DDs. All this in Co-op, folks...

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,606 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, Cyberjock1 said:

Here is a complete breakdown on the current RN Event. It runs until early morning Dec 11th.

[ICE9]
Members
814 posts

They're yours forever, but will lose Premium status when the tech tree update drops.

Ship XP you earn with be credited to researching the next tech tree unit when it drops.

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

OK, done for this week's RN Event directives and all missions were done in Co-op. I have acquired Acasta, Icarus (and Jervis from a premium crate) through the mission crates  Since I already had Dasha from the Sharkfest, she went into Acasta as my Gulag Ship. I had already ground 5 10-point captains for the RN DD line and have sufficient elite XP for 4 more. Can it be done in Co-op alone? Yes it can! Hoping to get Lightening in the next directive drop. Three down, one to go...

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers
29 posts

Given the last part of the patch notes i would assume you'd not keep the ships when the next update comes.

Capture.thumb.JPG.1b8e6115e3f7e0d38bf524038ac8dedc.JPG

I doubt they will give you credits AND let you keep the ships.

Edited by Emperornikolas

[PVE]
Members
9,606 posts
7,466 battles
12 minutes ago, Emperornikolas said:

Given the last part of the patch notes i would assume you'd not keep the ships when the next update comes.

Capture.thumb.JPG.1b8e6115e3f7e0d38bf524038ac8dedc.JPG

I doubt they will give you credits AND let you keep the ships.

That only applies if you have an unfinished mission, get the ship with FXP and then finish the mission.  So say you get the T8 Lightning mission right before patch 7.10 on Oct 17th. Say you FXP and buy all the ships to or past the T8 Lightning and get the Lightning in your port. If you finish the early access mission before it ends in Nov, then you get the credit cost of the T8 Lightning for having it in port when you finish the early access mission.

If you complete an early access mission and get a T5 to T8 UK DD, you get to keep it when the full line drops on Oct 17th on patch 7.10. It just becomes a tech tree ship when the line drops.

• Cool 1