Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Me & my Sims

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

247
[TDRB]
Members
1,132 posts
4,280 battles

I'm not a DD player although I have played a DD a few times. I picked up the Sims for Operation Dynamo. I'm sure I will use it in a few coops & other T7 operations but not that often. I did not have a commander with a AA build so I have started with a 6pt captain. I'm not getting record numbers of AA kills as some have posted but I am downing more each time I run the scenario. So far I am enjoying Operation Dynamo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,420 posts
9,614 battles

At $25, it's the cheapest T7 ship there is.

If anyone is thinking about it, better grab one before WG wakes up and the price goes to $44 tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,504
[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,818 battles

Sims is great. One of my favs and I am a DD main.

Works well in Dynamo and was my top to play when Ranked was at T7 a while back. Just don't rely on the torps too much (esp. the sea mine variety).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[4HIM]
Members
1,816 posts
4,168 battles

Only have a 10 point captain in mine, so no BFT/AFT or anything.  But it does shoot down a lot of planes.  Saw someone (I think it was from the forums) in a Sims shoot down 60 planes last night.  Seen others get over 70.  I've come nowhere close as I don't have an AA build captain.  But I have managed to score a couple hits with the sea mines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628
[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
41 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Only have a 10 point captain in mine, so no BFT/AFT or anything.  But it does shoot down a lot of planes.  Saw someone (I think it was from the forums) in a Sims shoot down 60 planes last night.  Seen others get over 70.  I've come nowhere close as I don't have an AA build captain.  But I have managed to score a couple hits with the sea mines.  

I have a 10 point captain in mine, with BFT and AFT. 

No IFHE  or CE. Not needed for operations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[4HIM]
Members
1,816 posts
4,168 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

I have a 10 point captain in mine, with BFT and AFT. 

No IFHE  or CE. Not needed for operations

I know CE isn't needed for Ops.  But I just don't want to spend the funds to respec.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,420 posts
9,614 battles
42 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I have a 10 point captain in mine, with BFT and AFT. 

No IFHE  or CE. Not needed for operations

13 point captain with SUPERINTENDENT gives an extra AA and smoke charge.  And choose Jack of All Trades as the 2 point level for faster reloads.

With that one can lay a smoke trail half the way there.

19 pointer will give you manual AA and last stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[TDRB]
Members
1,132 posts
4,280 battles
5 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

At $25, it's the cheapest T7 ship there is.

If anyone is thinking about it, better grab one before WG wakes up and the price goes to $44 tomorrow.

It is a good buy. The only problem with the Sims is my 32" monitor isn't wide enough for the lead required to keep the German torpedo boats on screen. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,420 posts
9,614 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

It is a good buy. The only problem with the Sims is my 32" monitor isn't wide enough for the lead required to keep the German torpedo boats on screen. :Smile_sad:

Leningrad with the 'special' commander has guns that keeps up with the turning rate.

Unfortunately, you need to have them pointed in the correct direction to begin with.

And I know you are joking.  Even with the Aigle, I have to zoom out a click and fire at 12-15 using the scaled crosshairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles
13 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

At $25, it's the cheapest T7 ship there is.

If anyone is thinking about it, better grab one before WG wakes up and the price goes to $44 tomorrow.

A shade over $31 CDN for me. Do I remember correctly that she was closer to $50 CDN during the Indy Marathon? Or am I confusing her with the Kidd? Either way, I remember her being significantly more expensive than the Monaghan.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[TDRB]
Members
1,132 posts
4,280 battles
Quote

And I know you are joking.  Even with the Aigle, I have to zoom out a click and fire at 12-15 using the scaled crosshairs.

I'm sure, the E-boats are fast and challenging to hit.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,420 posts
9,614 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A shade over $31 CDN for me. Do I remember correctly that she was closer to $50 CDN during the Indy Marathon? Or am I confusing her with the Kidd? Either way, I remember her being significantly more expensive than the Monaghan.

I picked up the Atlanta for $24 when it went on sale once.  Best fun ship for that price.

I can't remember how much, but the Sims went on sale for such a silly low price that I jumped on it.

The Atlanta and Sims are very similar in 'flavor'.  They are awful long-distance snipers, excellent AA, and absolute murder at close range.

Just hold down the fire button and go to work.

Oh yeah..  they have torpedoes...  kind of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

I picked up the Atlanta for $24 when it went on sale once.  Best fun ship for that price.

I can't remember how much, but the Sims went on sale for such a silly low price that I jumped on it.

The Atlanta and Sims are very similar in 'flavor'.  They are awful long-distance snipers, excellent AA, and absolute murder at close range.

Just hold down the fire button and go to work.

Oh yeah..  they have torpedoes...  kind of.

My feelings are mixed. I won't buy a ship just for Dynamo, UK destroyers are going to keep me busy, and I already have a premium US destroyer for DD training. On the other hand she prints base XP and that can be useful in some situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[4HIM]
Members
1,816 posts
4,168 battles
26 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The Atlanta and Sims are very similar in 'flavor'.  

I use the same captain in both.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[MIA-A]
Members
2,141 posts
6,831 battles
14 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Only have a 10 point captain in mine, so no BFT/AFT or anything.  But it does shoot down a lot of planes.  Saw someone (I think it was from the forums) in a Sims shoot down 60 planes last night.  Seen others get over 70.  I've come nowhere close as I don't have an AA build captain.  But I have managed to score a couple hits with the sea mines.  

I've been continually running Sims in the op because of games like this:

 

unknown.png

 

If you have a decent AA captain you can easily and consistently get 1800+ base xp in the operation. 

I've been running it continuously since we had our baby as it's really relaxing way to get elite/free xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[4HIM]
Members
1,816 posts
4,168 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I've been continually running Sims in the op because of games like this:

Yeah, I've seen games where a Sims get 60 or more planes.  

But I did it last night in the Blys and got 10 planes.  It isn't known for stellar AA.  Heck, in one match I got 3 in the Gallant.  But that must have been a dream.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,387
[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles

Had Sims since Christmas 2015, I think... Came in a Christmas Container.

Another popular ship I sucked in; God how I hated it.

Tried it in the ORIGINAL Ultimate Frontier; God how I loved that speed, and how well it absolutely MURDERED that Eastern Cleveland.

Haven't played it since.

Not going to use my Lexington again until after the rework, (if ever...)

Went into modules and AA rebuilt the Sims; used my 19 point Lexington commander and converted him to a (non-SGM1, non-MFAA) AA/Dynamo skill build.

PM, JoAT, SSE, AR, LS, BFT, Si, AFT.

Spoiler

RPApd4.jpg
Ao4Dk4.jpg

All the shot down planes are sweet, SWEET revenge for all the hell such planes gave me in Gallant and those other two destroyers last year.

Having said that though; I'm loving my Sims in Dynamo because I can hit the bloody S-botes with the guns.; when I couldn't seem to do so using Blyskawica. Faster firing, faster shells or whatever; I lay the guns on them and the little ankle-biters quickly go away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×