Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

DMM Flag found in patch, indicator of Kantai collab?

28 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,751 battles

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/09/20/2-new-flags-for-0-7-9-0-wows/

flags-new-0-7-9-0.png?w=656

Granted, a flag of the company that makes Kantai isn't guaranteed proof of anything (iirc in SEA you can login through DMM account?) but could this be an indicator that a collab may be in the works? Kantai is a much requested franchise for WG to collab with, and there is a precedent with ARP, HSF, Azur Lane.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles

Immediate interest. Kancolle does not do collabs often.

72YE.gif

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
359 posts
5,154 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/09/20/2-new-flags-for-0-7-9-0-wows/

flags-new-0-7-9-0.png?w=656

Granted, a flag of the company that makes Kantai isn't guaranteed proof of anything (iirc in SEA you can login through DMM account?) but could this be an indicator that a collab may be in the works? Kantai is a much requested franchise for WG to collab with, and there is a precedent with ARP, HSF, Azur Lane.

It's not a KC collab because KC hates anything outside of japan. Want to know why we had an AL collab before KC? AL gives a damn about their worldwide customers. Rumors lead to believe it's with "Shiro Project:RE". The following were also found, I believe.

In short: Lol get [redacted] KC fans, your game company hates you if you arent in Japan.
image.png.63eb3aca9b1c6a7ca729ff05ead06423.pngimage.png.8f293c31e1c2f45be1140b60481dad5b.png

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

It's not a KC collab because KC hates anything outside of japan. Want to know why we had an AL collab before KC? AL gives a damn about their worldwide customers. Rumors lead to believe it's with "Shiro Project:RE". The following were also found, I believe.

In short: Lol get [redacted] KC fans, your game company hates you if you arent in Japan.

Well what other DMM product would collaborate with a warships game?

Maybe that one with the Sengoku warlords as cute girls?

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
359 posts
5,154 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Well what other DMM product would collaborate with a warships game?

Maybe that one with the Sengoku warlords as cute girls?

I'm pretty sure it's the Castles one. " Shiro Project:RE " is what people are digging up.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

I doubt a KC collab is happening.  The KC devs, DMM don't embrace the world fandom and keeps it at arm's length.  KC fans here in the US for example have to do a number of stupid things just to play the d*mn game.  The devs / DMM have had YEARS to make this easier for them but have done nothing and are ambivalent towards them.

KC has been out since 2013 and has been nothing but setting up obstacles for fans outside Japan.

Azur Lane came out 2017 in China and already gets an English version in 2018, even an English website.

I'd like to be proven wrong, and see actual WoWS - KC collaboration screenshots, news, but knowing the track record of the people that run KC, I have immense doubts and need hard, irrefutable proof.

I used to play KC years ago, but got tired of the hassle to play the d*mn thing.  The game is fine, but the obstacles they throw up just to play got on my nerves.  I also remember years and years ago, drama about the exclusion of Allied ships into KC, keep the stinking "Non-Axis Gaijin out."  I remember saying that eventually, the devs are going to run out of Cruiser or larger IJN ships to implement as they were all for most parts, already represented in the game.  Carriers, Battleships, Cruisers... The IJN ones were already in.  The only material they had left was tons of IJN DDs and people already complained, "Not another Kagerou!" with a new ship release.  Sooner or later, they were going to have to use Non-Axis ships, and I've been proven right.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

I'm pretty sure it's the Castles one. " Shiro Project:RE " is what people are digging up.

Meh, the castles game is just a ripoff of Kancolle though, they even stole and traced Kancolle art for it.

[KNTI2]
Members
786 posts
4,299 battles

Ft7Zf8z.gif

Memes aside, just the fact that DMM has had a flag mock up made is very interesting.

DMM isn't exactly known for even attempting to connect with a Western audience.

Kadokawa has likely leaned VERY HARD on DMM, probably in response to the AL anime (which has the potential to break KC's brand recognition).

TBH they should have really done this much earlier, but at least they're doing it.

I'll be looking forward to official comment and watching news very closely.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I doubt a KC collab is happening.  The KC devs, DMM don't embrace the world fandom and keeps it at arm's length.  KC fans here in the US for example have to do a number of stupid things just to play the d*mn game.  The devs / DMM have had YEARS to make this easier for them but have done nothing and are ambivalent towards them.

KC has been out since 2013 and has been nothing but setting up obstacles for fans outside Japan.

Azur Lane came out 2017 in China and already gets an English version in 2018, even an English website.

I'd like to be proven wrong, and see actual WoWS - KC collaboration screenshots, news, but knowing the track record of the people that run KC, I have immense doubts and need hard, irrefutable proof.

I used to play KC years ago, but got tired of the hassle to play the d*mn thing.  The game is fine, but the obstacles they throw up just to play got on my nerves.  I also remember years and years ago, drama about the exclusion of Allied ships into KC, keep the stinking "Non-Axis Gaijin out."  I remember saying that eventually, the devs are going to run out of Cruiser or larger IJN ships to implement as they were all for most parts, already represented in the game.  Carriers, Battleships, Cruisers... The IJN ones were already in.  The only material they had left was tons of IJN DDs and people already complained, "Not another Kagerou!" with a new ship release.  Sooner or later, they were going to have to use Non-Axis ships, and I've been proven right.

DMM doesn't develop Kancolle, they publish it. The actual developers at Kadokawa embrace foreign players. That's why there was an English UI in the HTML5 rework. That's why we know how to get around DMM's region lock (A Kado staffmember told us).

Also DMM doesn't hate non-Japanese money, it's a copyright thing because the DMM site also hosts movies that are not approved for international distribution by the studios that made them.

The problem is DMM also doesn't like competition, and sees collabs as helping the competition more than helping DMM. They don't like collabs because they don't see it as a sound business investment, not because they hate customers. Thus, the publisher doesn't permit Kadokawa to do collabs with other games often. The last one was the Arpeggio collab in...2014?

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[HYDRO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,751 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Though this could be an explanation for DMM reaching out now. Feeling pressured by Azur Lane it would be logical to change their habits in order to stay at the top of the market for anime girls that are actually warships.

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

DMM doesn't develop Kancolle, they publish it. The actual developers at Kadokawa embrace foreign players. That's why there was an English UI in the HTML5 rework. That's why we know how to get around DMM's region lock (A Kado staffmember told us).

Also DMM doesn't hate non-Japanese money, it's a copyright thing because the DMM site also hosts movies that are not approved for international distribution by the studios that made them.

The problem is DMM also doesn't like competition, and sees collabs as helping the competition more than helping DMM. They don't like collabs because they don't see it as a sound business investment, not because they hate customers. Thus, the publisher doesn't permit Kadokawa to do collabs with other games often. The last one was the Arpeggio collab in...2014?

That's cool, I wish you guys the best for the future, but it's taken them what?  5-6 years to do that?  It's d*mn annoying and too late for this former fan, but it means less obstacles for you guys, I'm actually happy for you all.

2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Though this could be an explanation for DMM reaching out now. Feeling pressured by Azur Lane it would be logical to change their habits in order to at the top of the market for anime girls that are actually warships.

They had no bonafide competition for years.  There have been clones of KC before AL but none of them panned out to be a threat.  Even I'm surprised AL has gotten to where it is right now, and their people are pushing for international release.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,526 posts
4,416 battles
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The last one was the Arpeggio collab in...2014?

The KC  + Arpeggio collaboration started around Christmas 2013.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,526 posts
4,416 battles
29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They had no bonafide competition for years.  There have been clones of KC before AL but none of them panned out to be a threat.  Even I'm surprised AL has gotten to where it is right now, and their people are pushing for international release.

AL had one thing that other clones didn't: an aggressive marketing team and a budget to back it.

Most of Kantai Collection's clones prior were cheap knockoffs trying to sponge off Kantai Collection's popularity. Azur Lane was not. AL has had TV commercials, giant rented billboards on the side of buildings, and a bunch of other stuff that generated exposure and got it into the public eye. When AL English came out, for a couple of weeks whenever I started a youtube video an AL advert would pop up.

Some examples:

Di2-YWMUcAE7PUc.jpg

d4heyvxc0a711.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&s

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

It appears I am the only one concerned that there is a borgogne flag (which usually comes with sold ships)

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

Poi~~?! :Smile_amazed:

a8qhbbgtcnorinvkvkic.png

tX2cumG.jpg

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

It appears I am the only one concerned that there is a borgogne flag (which usually comes with sold ships)

We didn't have a Premium Ship past Tier VIII until Missouri arrived :Smile_popcorn:

The USN Cruiser split has actually happened!

Enterprise arrived in WoWS.

South Dakota-class actually arrived in WoWS.

A series of Tier IX-X Premiums have made it or are being made.

Subs are coming.

The CV Revamp is actually being worked on.  For reals!

Anything's possible now:Smile_glasses:

Members
731 posts
13 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Meh, the castles game is just a ripoff of Kancolle though, they even stole and traced Kancolle art for it.

OMEGALUL way to show your ignorance.

ShiroPro:Re is a tower defense gacha game. How is that a Kancolle ripoff?

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles

I love the Animi captains made me laugh so hard used them on most of my ships as a pirate think about it. lol I would like to see captains for all nations that speak in those nations language.

[PNG]
Alpha Tester
1,421 posts
11,203 battles

I'm gonna remain skeptical... Hopeful, but skeptical.

If a Kancolle collab happens It would hit all servers, So maybe a launching off point? All I know is that's how AL used it.

But hey! It's all good ether way.

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles

japan is weird sometimes,but i already embraced insanity,so bring more.

i want more collabs featuring premium ships like hsf graf spee and hsf harekaze.

Sign in to follow this