Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Stealth

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles

I have to clarify my question.  I am not complaint this is a question NOT a complaint.

IChase just put out a vid about new prem on the way, well some day. The new British BB Dreadnought.

Its base stealth in 10km! 10! We have seen this alot lately were BB are stealther than crusier, and somtimes by a lot. Look at Henry 4 vs Conquer.

WG can you please ler us know why? A dd should be stealther than all cruisers anx crusiers should be stealther than all BB.

I know this topic has come up alot but the stealth of new ships is not making scents.

Pency is 14. something while BB are lower. Pency is not a big ship but a bb is stealther?

Is there a grand plan or just because?

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,943
[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles
19 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

crusiers should be stealther than all BB.

Why? Some cruisers are gigantic and some battleships are relatively tiny. Plus, concealment is a balancing and flavor feature.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles

@jags_domain you do realize it is a tier 3, right?

10.3km surface detectability, 13.7km main battery firing range, 21kts. 

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,850
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,177 posts
14,605 battles

Base Detection ranges of Tier III Battleships.

Kawachi 9.54km

South Carolina 13.86km

Nassau 10.44km

Konig Albert 11.52km

Bellerophon 13.68km

Turenne 11.34km

 

I haven't looked up HMS Dreadnought's values, but if it is indeed 10km, it is inline with the other Tier III Battleships.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
297
[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,311 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

We're complaining about tier 3 battleships now?

I mean, if someone were heavily invested in seal clubbing I could see how one might complain.

Then again getting complaints from said person is probably better for the game and everyone else (not that this particular complaint is material anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,347 posts
504 battles

some people hide their stats for certain reasons...
I know this one....

I always seem to want to look when someone [edited] that much about something...and in this case...

 a tier THREE BB..???

ljky0xQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
42 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

We're complaining about tier 3 battleships now?

No this is an general statement.  The stealth ratings seem to be all over the place and it often does not make scents.  Why is Pency 14.something for a small cruiser.

And while its t3 never say ONLY!  No tier is less important than any other tier.  This is were new players begin.  Leaving a bad taste in there mouth is the worst thing to do.  Granted your not there very long but I have been playing t5, 6, and 7 lately  and been really enjoying it.  It is refreshing from the full 20 min t9 and 10 games.  Lower tier is fast and furious.

If the Prince Fredrick, the prem t6 German BB if it ever comes out would be interesting.  Its stealth at the time was in the 10 range vs Pency at 14.6(ish)

Its not complaining I am not going there its a statement.  

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
16 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

some people hide their stats for certain reasons...
I know this one....

I always seem to want to look when someone [edited] that much about something...and in this case...

 a tier THREE BB..???

ljky0xQ.gif

What do stats have to do with the question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

@jags_domain you do realize it is a tier 3, right?

10.3km surface detectability, 13.7km main battery firing range, 21kts. 

No tier is more or less important than any other tier.  We have seen the stealth rates go up and down for the high tiers as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
312
[-WPG-]
Members
815 posts
3,379 battles

But your question was answered. The new RN BB's detection is in line with the others, and isn't even the best at its tier. 

And tier3 players probably don't even completely understand detection yet, and it usually takes less than 10 games to get to t4. If this below average, but not the the best, detection at t3 is what drives them away then they weren't long for this game anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

No tier is more or less important than any other tier.  We have seen the stealth rates go up and down for the high tiers as well.

You say this yet you apparently haven’t looked at tier 3. This is not the highest concealment... 

You can’t compare any other tier to it. It is a tier 3 BB middle of the pack concealment and you want to compare it to the tier 6 CA with the worst concealment. Yeah Pepsicola is a tougher ship to play but it is good in its own ways.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

No this is an general statement.  The stealth ratings seem to be all over the place and it often does not make scents.  Why is Pency 14.something for a small cruiser.

And while its t3 never say ONLY!  No tier is less important than any other tier.  This is were new players begin.  Leaving a bad taste in there mouth is the worst thing to do.  Granted your not there very long but I have been playing t5, 6, and 7 lately  and been really enjoying it.  It is refreshing from the full 20 min t9 and 10 games.  Lower tier is fast and furious.

If the Prince Fredrick, the prem t6 German BB if it ever comes out would be interesting.  Its stealth at the time was in the 10 range vs Pency at 14.6(ish)

Its not complaining I am not going there its a statement.  

 

This here is messed up. Yes, no tier is any more important than any other tier.

BUT, when comparing ships, they need to be compared within that tier.

You only compare tier 3 with other tier 3s. You compare tier 4s with other tier 4s.


Concealment in this game is based around only a single point on the ship: The height of the ship's mast. The higher the mast, the further it can be seen from. The shorter the mast, the closer one must be to see it.

UK Battleships have shorter masts than other ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
51 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

This here is messed up. Yes, no tier is any more important than any other tier.

BUT, when comparing ships, they need to be compared within that tier.

You only compare tier 3 with other tier 3s. You compare tier 4s with other tier 4s.


Concealment in this game is based around only a single point on the ship: The height of the ship's mast. The higher the mast, the further it can be seen from. The shorter the mast, the closer one must be to see it.

UK Battleships have shorter masts than other ships.

The top of the mast, interesting.  I did not know that, thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
10 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

The top of the mast, interesting.  I did not know that, thanks for the info!

And this makes some sense as well: Mast of a ship is usually the first part of the ship to appear over the horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
872
[ICE9]
Members
844 posts
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I know this topic has come up alot but the stealth of new ships is not making scents.

What difference does how they smell make?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I have to clarify my question.  I am not complaint this is a question NOT a complaint.

IChase just put out a vid about new prem on the way, well some day. The new British BB Dreadnought.

Its base stealth in 10km! 10! We have seen this alot lately were BB are stealther than crusier, and somtimes by a lot. Look at Henry 4 vs Conquer.

WG can you please ler us know why? A dd should be stealther than all cruisers anx crusiers should be stealther than all BB.

I know this topic has come up alot but the stealth of new ships is not making scents.

Pency is 14. something while BB are lower. Pency is not a big ship but a bb is stealther?

Is there a grand plan or just because?

You realize USS Pensacola is longer and taller than HMS Dreadnought, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,742
Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
3 hours ago, NATOMarksman said:

I mean, if someone were heavily invested in seal clubbing I could see how one might complain.

If I used a Nassau with CE and AFT, would that be clubbing?

I only have it because I couldn't let that Jackal camo go to:cap_haloween: waste....

But with an appreciably lower base detection, Dread might be even more fun, depending on the guns.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,742
Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

You realize USS Pensacola is longer and taller than HMS Dreadnought, yes?

To be fair, I don't think Pensa should be seen from the stratosphere because it has extra height that is dedicated to a non-functional radar.

I miss the buffed T7 version. It was probably my worst-performing T7 CA, but it was fun to play. I might even play the T6 version, if not for the ridiculous detection range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

You realize USS Pensacola is longer and taller than HMS Dreadnought, yes?

it should be longer.  Maybe mast is taller but the ship is smaller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair, I don't think Pensa should be seen from the stratosphere because it has extra height that is dedicated to a non-functional radar.

I miss the buffed T7 version. It was probably my worst-performing T7 CA, but it was fun to play. I might even play the T6 version, if not for the ridiculous detection range.

Pency is a guilty pleaser.  The guns turn soooo slow and the 15 sec reload is brutal.  If you play it like a bb that can turn because you have to wait for that ap shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×