You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

How does Base 2.0 affect a ship's resale value?

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles

With Base 1.0, when I bought a ship with e.g. a 10% clan discount, the resale value was adjusted for that discount (50% of the discounted price). 

Now with Base 2.0, I may have bought a ship with a 10% clan discount, yet the current clan discount is be 12%.  How is the resale value calculated?  On the amount I actually payed, or on the current (discounted) price?

Likewise, if I buy a ship with no discount, then join a clan with a discount, how is the sell value calculated?  On the amount I actually paid, or on the current discounted price?

@Gneisenau013

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,280 posts
25,314 battles

I don't think WG tracks how much you bought ships originally for so my guess is it sells depending on what the current discount is.  

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,537 battles

The resale will be based on the 12% discount, not the 10% discount.

The price you paid is irrelevant. Only the current discount matters.

So, lets say: you manage to get a ship for 50% discount. Later you decide to sell. The discount is no longer in play, so the purchase price is now 100% normal value. As a result, you would actually make your money back from the ship's purchase, in this hypothetical.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles

I suspect y'all are correct.  However, I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.  (so to speak)

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles
1 minute ago, WaldropTaft said:

CLAN BASE IS BROKE NO ETA WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED 

What's broke?  My discounts and bonuses seem to be working fine.  (Not a clan owner.)

Members
1,073 posts
5,972 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

What's broke?  My discounts and bonuses seem to be working fine.  (Not a clan owner.)

There's buzz that the coal earning bonus is dysfunctional...oh, you get the bonus alright, but when you spend it, you get charged the bonus amount, as well, so no net bonus. Or worse, spend "old coal" that you acquired before the bonus, and it gets charged at the bonus percentage, too, for a net loss.

[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
7,466 battles

It is always with the greatest current discount. hat is why the Warspite doubloons when you bought with Sovereigns were messed up before the Doubloon sale ended. So if your clan has a -12% discount and there is a -15% discount running, then you get the -15% discount. Same for when you sell them. 

[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
7,466 battles
4 minutes ago, WaldropTaft said:

3 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

There's buzz that the coal earning bonus is dysfunctional...oh, you get the bonus alright, but when you spend it, you get charged the bonus amount, as well, so no net bonus. Or worse, spend "old coal" that you acquired before the bonus, and it gets charged at the bonus percentage, too, for a net loss.

See Turbo's note below from patch day.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, Kizarvexis said:

Turbo, have y'all heard anything about the coal bug in Russia please? Evidently, the purchase of coal is also affected instead of receiving coal. We are holding off on our coal building purchase to hear more. Any news on your side please?

On 9/19/2018 at 9:49 AM, turbo07 said:

You are right. There is an issue with coal and steel on CIS. It will be fixed soon and all the numbers will be recalculated too.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles

Discount:  That makes sense.  Thanks.

Re: the Coal Port.  Yes, I do get the bonus.  Haven't tried spending yet.  This is a bad bug that should be fixed soon.