You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Darocs

kill assist

27 comments in this topic

[CMWC]
Members
2 posts

Why isnt there Kill Assist in the game yet and why do the bots even get credit for kills? I mean u get the ship down to 10% and lower and someone across the map hits hits it once and they take full credit. And dont say oh u get credit from damage that u do or that its a team game.. if it was a team game we ALL would get credit for a kill when a ship is sunk. Its just frustrating to chase down a ship and almost have it sunk when someone kill steals it from you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles
5 minutes ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

Why isnt there Kill Assist in the game yet and why do the bots even get credit for kills? I mean u get the ship down to 10% and lower and someone across the map hits hits it once and they take full credit. And dont say oh u get credit from damage that u do or that its a team game.. if it was a team game we ALL would get credit for a kill when a ship is sunk. Its just frustrating to chase down a ship and almost have it sunk when someone kill steals it from you.

No such thing as a kill steal. You have to own something before it can be taken away from you. If you don't want someone to kill it, kill it before them. Don't let them get the opportunity. 

You say it's a team game and then complain when your team succeeds in killing a ship... 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
4 minutes ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

Just now, Ducky_shot said:

No such thing as a kill steal. If you don't want someone to kill it, kill it before them. Don't let them get the opportunity. 

Just like Ducky_shot said there is no such thing as kill stealing in this game.

[CMWC]
Members
2 posts

no such thing as kill steal? then why is kill assist in WoT and not in WoWS? and kill it b4 others do is kinda hard when a BB with bigger guns hits from across the map lol

Edited by Cpt_Darocs

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
12 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

No such thing as a kill steal. You have to own something before it can be taken away from you. If you don't want someone to kill it, kill it before them. Don't let them get the opportunity. 

You say it's a team game and then complain when your team succeeds in killing a ship... 

Actually, there are times and situations where kills do count - people still want the little red flag and will delay fire or snipe to get it :)

But, I would actually prefer more kill stealing to finish ships off than farmers letting ships go to collect more damage from fatter, healthier targets 

Edited by Commander_367

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles
9 minutes ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

no such thing as kill steal? then why is kill assist in WoT and not in WoWS? and kill it b4 others do is kinda hard when a BB with bigger guns hits from across the map lol

If you really thought it was a team game you wouldn't be complaining... But you obviously don't... 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

Kill stealing is not a thing and yes you get more rewards for doing more damage.

hJpQa86.gif

[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles

a kill gives only little credit/XP, it's the (%) damage that decides your reward

so why are you even upset over a kill.....

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles
42 minutes ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

Your "kill assist" is the damage you do.

And for every BB that sinks a ship, there's a BB that happens to do all but the last few HP of damage only to have someone else do the final few HP of damage and get the kill.  In the end, it's the damage that really matters, not who gets the kill.  As long as your TEAM gets the kill, it's all good.

The only time that there's any kind of kill "stealing" is when there's a server wide mission that requires a certain number of kills and you have people all competing to  get those kills ASAP.  Otherwise, kills are really more important on the team level than the individual level.

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles
24 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

a kill gives only little credit/XP, it's the (%) damage that decides your reward

so why are you even upset over a kill.....

Because some people just don't know any better.

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles
38 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Actually, there are times and situations where kills do count - people still want the little red flag and will delay fire or snipe to get it :)

But, I would actually prefer more kill stealing to finish ships off than farmers letting ships go to collect more damage from fatter, healthier targets 

I don't want more "true" kill stealing, as that implies people holding their fire waiting to snag a kill.  OTOH, I do support the sort of "kill stealing" that occurs when people are looking to help out their team and get enemy ships sunk ASAP and don't worry about who gets credit for the kill, so long as the TEAM gets the kill.

Members
1,822 posts
823 battles

I was in a low tier co-op game with a Campbeltown and he kept pointing out ships to concentrate fire on, and then he torped them to near death.

I got 3 "kill steals" and ended near bottom on the team.

If you are doing damage, be happy. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't want more "true" kill stealing, as that implies people holding their fire waiting to snag a kill.  OTOH, I do support the sort of "kill stealing" that occurs when people are looking to help out their team and get enemy ships sunk ASAP and don't worry about who gets credit for the kill, so long as the TEAM gets the kill.

Yeah, one is definitely more honorable and helpful to the team than the other o7

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
80 posts
5,406 battles

When I've got a ship down to a few hit points and I'm worried he's going to get away/go dark/get behind as island, I practically beg my team to focus him until he's dead. Dead ships can't win solo warrior.

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Yeah, one is definitely more honorable and helpful to the team than the other o7

Exactly.  One is quite selfish.  The other is honest teamwork.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I was in a low tier co-op game with a Campbeltown and he kept pointing out ships to concentrate fire on, and then he torped them to near death.

I got 3 "kill steals" and ended near bottom on the team.

If you are doing damage, be happy. 

You got "farmed" real bad in this story :)

So he left you with the dirty work while he moved on to each target hehe

Members
1,822 posts
823 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

You got "farmed" real bad in this story :)

So he left you with the dirty work while he moved on to each target hehe

If you a bb low tier, you are the fat kid chasing to catch up.

It wasn't even dirty work.  It was more like cleaning up after the show.

I'd have been angry about citing a St. Louis on 2k health if I wasn't laughing.

Members
18,292 posts
5,224 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

no such thing as kill steal? then why is kill assist in WoT and not in WoWS?

Because WoT is full of whiney idiots. Before that was true, there was no kill assist in WoT. 

WoWS is not yet full of whiney idiots, thus no kill assist.

I mean u get the ship down to 10% and lower and someone across the map hits hits it once and they take full credit. 

That means you get 9x more credits and XP reward than they do, other than the small kill bonus.

Besides, sometimes you get a kill "stolen", sometimes you're the thief. It balances out without you having to do anything special. Assuming you're trying to kill ships, that is.

Heck, I've been on both sides of this situation: target gets lit on fire/flooded, ship that did it gets sunk, other ship does a crapload of damage, gets target down to a few HP, which get taken by the fire/flood.

IOW, a kill can be unintentionally stolen by a player who is already queued up for another match.

Just move on and don't take it personally. The idea is to take enemies off the map as quickly as possible. Somebody holding fire so that you can have "your" kill might just eat a bunch of damage because of it. Or a different teammate.

Members
1,822 posts
823 battles

I think the funniest kill steal I was ever involved in was when I was in the South Carolina, in a game where there was a Weymouth-Erie division.  My secondary guns ended up killing the bot Erie while I was shooting at some other bot. 

Sure enough "Kill Stealer" showed up in chat.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I can't count the times I've citidaled a ship only to have a cruiser or DD finish it  off. I care more about getting damage and victories. I've seen more players with less kills get higher base XP then someone with 4 kills in a match. Because they did more overall damage. 

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Focus-firing low health enemy ships is smart play and wins games.

If your team isn't doing it then it's probably losing.

There are no respawns in this game. Permanently removing a wounded enemy ship from the match ASAP should always be a priority.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[RST]
[RST]
Members
172 posts
14,968 battles

There was one game where my North Carolina was not very useful. Generally because majority of the other team moved to the opposite side of the map. So I was slower to engage. By the time I reached 60K+ in damage I got my Kraken Unleashed award. I felt bad for it because about 4 of the kills was when I only did about 1-3k per damage. Getting final blows.

I apologized for the final hits and a said that I wasn't trying to snipe kills. It was just a matter of failed positioning. 

What shocked me the most about this was. No one in the match at the time was upset with me. They actually congratulated me for getting a Kraken. They stated I wasn't kill stealing, but more kill securing. This is the better way to look at things. Not always is the person who has the most kills ends up with the most XP. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles
On 21.09.2018 at 8:38 PM, Ducky_shot said:

f7FdEdG.jpg

I call it, with a degree of humor, "Kill Securing."  Making sure someone is put down for good.

There have been times I've sighted someone and I could finish him off right then and there.  But I wasn't the guy hitting him, damaging him most, I just now started to sight in on him.  I figured, "Well, I'll let the other guys that worked him down get the Kill credit."

Except I've done that before and the others did not kill him quickly enough, and I ended up paying for it when the guy that should have been deleted by me earlier, ends up killing or heavily damaging me instead before being taken down.

**** THAT.

Not anymore.

The only way an enemy ship is removed from the game is to personally ensure you removed it yourself.  You can't rely on someone else to do it.  Do it yourself.

We get LOTS and LOTS of "It's only a flesh wound" badges because we live long enough to get that one last gun or torpedo salvo off to kill someone before going down.  The only way to prevent that is to make sure that ********** is taken down ASAP.  I don't care who does it, just kill him NOW.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles
2 hours ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

The player that gets the kill shot does get a small experience bonus but if you do most of the damage you get most of the experience.

2 hours ago, Cpt_Darocs said:

Because historically both tanks and planes got credit for assists. It is not something that was done historically with ships.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles
On 21.09.2018 at 10:55 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

f7FdEdG.jpg

I call it, with a degree of humor, "Kill Securing."  Making sure someone is put down for good.

There have been times I've sighted someone and I could finish him off right then and there.  But I wasn't the guy hitting him, damaging him most, I just now started to sight in on him.  I figured, "Well, I'll let the other guys that worked him down get the Kill credit."

Except I've done that before and the others did not kill him quickly enough, and I ended up paying for it when the guy that should have been deleted by me earlier, ends up killing or heavily damaging me instead before being taken down.

**** THAT.

Not anymore.

The only way an enemy ship is removed from the game is to personally ensure you removed it yourself.  You can't rely on someone else to do it.  Do it yourself.

I have gone on to excellent matches more than a few times after getting hammered to next to no health early in the match. If you have the shot you take it!