You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PMWC

WOW STEALS OUR OIL

28 comments in this topic

[PMWC]
Members
2 posts
10,995 battles

With the recent update the clan base was reorganized and a portion of our spent oil was returned to us. However, this did not account for the unused oil we had acquired. PMWC has over 60,000 in oil. What happened to that oil? The oil was stolen by WOW. Hell, it's their game so I guess they can do what they want, right?

So I started a ticket hoping to get a logical response. Here is how that progressed.....

PMWC:  You have issued us 99,600 oil for the new base. We spent more than that to get our base where it was. Also, we had over 60,000 oil not used. Please exsplain why we lost 60, 000 oil and were only issued 90,600 oil for the new base.

WOW:  Dear PMWC,
Thank you for contacting.

According to this article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/#new-clan-base, oil exchanged for previously constructed buildings will be returned to your clan's account. Headquarters is the only exception. Thus, the maximum capacity of the clans will remain unchanged. The Oil you will receive will be enough to claim the bonuses in the same amount as you would have claimed on the old clan base.
That's why your clan received less oil than was spent.

About over 60,000 oil that was not used.
We will get back to you as soon as we have additional information. 
Until then, I have to ask you to be patient.

Please wait.

PMWC: I re-read the article provided in our response, which addressed oil previously used, but did not address un-used oil accumulated for future use by our clan. The fact that your response is conspicuously missing, requiring more time for your response is disconcerting. I as well as other clan members have spend real money to advance our clan by obtaining oil, an important commodity.

Surely I can not be the only clan leader questioning the loss of oil. We are eager to receive your response.

Depending on the level of your base some oil was spend automatically on the Headquarters.
Should you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.
Good luck on the battlefield.

Best regards,

What a crock of crap. When I read their response I heard, Too bad, its our game and we will steal what we want.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles

If you had unlocked the headquarters upgrades, than the equivalent was unlocked in the new base. If you had more than 30 members, can you imagine what would happen if they reset all the clans to 30 members?? 

Which 9 members of your clan did you want the game to auto kick from the clan so that you could have all that oil instead? All the officers? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,131 battles
40 minutes ago, PMWC said:

The oil was stolen by WOW.

That's a pretty heavy accusation to be throwing around.

Members
292 posts
1 hour ago, PMWC said:

With the recent update the clan base was reorganized and a portion of our spent oil was returned to us. However, this did not account for the unused oil we had acquired. PMWC has over 60,000 in oil. What happened to that oil? The oil was stolen by WOW. Hell, it's their game so I guess they can do what they want, right?

So I started a ticket hoping to get a logical response. Here is how that progressed.....

PMWC:  You have issued us 99,600 oil for the new base. We spent more than that to get our base where it was. Also, we had over 60,000 oil not used. Please exsplain why we lost 60, 000 oil and were only issued 90,600 oil for the new base.

According to this article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/#new-clan-base, oil exchanged for previously constructed buildings will be returned to your clan's account. Headquarters is the only exception. Thus, the maximum capacity of the clans will remain unchanged. The Oil you will receive will be enough to claim the bonuses in the same amount as you would have claimed on the old clan base.

Please wait.

PMWC: I re-read the article provided in our response, which addressed oil previously used, but did not address un-used oil accumulated for future use by our clan. The fact that your response is conspicuously missing, requiring more time for your response is disconcerting. I as well as other clan members have spend real money to advance our clan by obtaining oil, an important commodity.

Surely I can not be the only clan leader questioning the loss of oil. We are eager to receive your response.

Depending on the level of your base some oil was spend automatically on the Headquarters.

Best regards,

What a crock of crap. When I read their response I heard, Too bad, its our game and we will steal what we want.

EDIT: My initial thought was the same but upon closer examination of the numbers it actually might be all the oil was refunded. It is just that they have made the structures more expensive, the same amount of oil doesn't get you 6/6 shipyard and 6/6 dry dock as it used to it seems. 

To check this I tallied up every clan members oil contributed to the clan and came up with 61,105. I know from yesterday that refunded we had about 75k and some change in oil. Counting oil from members who have left the clan, adding another 14k sounds like it could be right. 

Edited by TheLastReaper

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
52 minutes ago, PMWC said:

Please wait.

Best regards,

The max oil you could get refunded was 38,250.

Research Center +3% XP nation buildings
2,000 oil US Bureau of Engineering   United States XP
2,000 oil IJN Kansei Hombu   Japanese XP
2,000 oil KM Amt Kriegsschiffsbau  German XP
2,000 oil UK Directorate of Naval Construction  United Kingdom XP
2,000 oil RU Shipbuilding and Armament Bureau  Russian XP
2,000 oil FR Service Technique des Constructions Navales  French XP
2,000 oil PA Naval Construction Staff Group   Pan-Asian XP
14k total

Dock -10% service cost
4,000 oil Slip   Destroyers DD
4,000 oil Small Dock  Cruisers CL/CA
5,000 oil Medium Dock  Carriers CV
5,000 oil Large Dock   Battleships BB
18k oil

Shipyard -10% silver cost of buying a tech tree ship
50 oil T5 Boathouse
200 oil T6 Boathouse
1,000 oil T7 Boathouse
5,000 oil T8 Boathouse
6.25k oil

So, if you have all the buildings built out, you will be refunded 14k, 18k and 6.25k for a total of 38,250 oil.

If you had the first clan expansion built (20k oil), then it was converted to the new Officers club two buildings worth 20k

Staff is now called “Officers’ club” - up to 50 members in the clan (4 buildings)
5,000 oil to add 5 more players to a clan (35 total)
15,000 oil to add 5 more players to a clan (40 total)

If you had both HQ building expansions done, then you got the buildings converted into the new Officers club 4 buildings worth 120k.

Staff is now called “Officers’ club” - up to 50 members in the clan (4 buildings)
35,000 oil to add 5 more players to a clan (45 total)
65,000 oil to add 5 more players to a clan (50 total)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/#new-clan-base

6xSxpJ8.jpg

R T F M

• Cool 13

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,084 posts
8,994 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

14k total

Dock -10% service cost
18k oil

50 oil T5 Boathouse
200 oil T6 Boathouse
1,000 oil T7 Boathouse
5,000 oil T8 Boathouse
6.25k oil

So, if you have all the buildings built out, you will be refunded 14k, 18k and 6.25k for a total of 38,250 oil.

If you had the first clan expansion built (20k oil), then it was converted to the new Officers club two buildings worth 20k

If you had both HQ building expansions done, then you got the buildings converted into the new Officers club 4 buildings worth 120k.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/#new-clan-base

6xSxpJ8.jpg

R T F M

It will help people if you would actually do this to problem solve instead of point fingers and blame.  Reading and reviewing in depth helps.

Kizarvexis, thank you for doing this.

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
4 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

It will help people if you would actually do this to problem solve instead of point fingers and blame.  Reading and reviewing in depth helps.

You are welcome

[ARGSY]
Members
6,364 posts
4,293 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome

Keep this up and they will "promote" you to St Petersburg the way they did Femennenly, LOL.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles
16 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

i think @Kizarvexis is a pretty cool guy. eh kills whine threads and doesnt afraid of any math.

• Funny 3

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles
33 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

14k total

Dock -10% service cost
18k oil

50 oil T5 Boathouse
200 oil T6 Boathouse
1,000 oil T7 Boathouse
5,000 oil T8 Boathouse
6.25k oil

6xSxpJ8.jpg

R T F M

did you take into account the Rostral Column's 100 oil? New Clan Base has it for free.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome

I like your figures - if you were a woman I'd kiss you :) +1

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Keep this up and they will "promote" you to St Petersburg the way they did Femennenly, LOL.

But that is just across the bay from where I live on the SE side of Tampa. They would probably make be commute! :Smile_teethhappy:

/bad Russian accent/ I come from old country... near St Petersburg /end bad Russian accent/ :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

250px-Tampabaymetro.png

2 hours ago, Lert said:

I think @Kizarvexis is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills whine threads and doesnt afraid of math.

I like certain cats only. :Smile_honoring:  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

did you take into account the Rostral Column's 100 oil? New Clan Base has it for free.

Nope, if you add the 100 oil, it is 38,350. Since the Rostral column is not changing, We might have been refunded it, but we were getting so much oil at once from all the containers we could have an I didn't notice.

2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I like your figures - if you were a woman I'd kiss you :) +1

If I was a woman, my wife would be pissed. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
47 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well shipmate, I wish I had your skill-set.:Smile_honoring::Smile_medal:

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

:Smile_honoring:

[GWLF]
[GWLF]
Members
6 posts
7,254 battles

yeah my clan was about to upgrade for the 50 members.  Within a couple hundred of the 100k oil. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,081 posts
6,821 battles
13 hours ago, PMWC said:

Please wait.

Best regards,

gonna file this one under, "useless whine thread that accomplishes nothing whatsoever and makes wild accusations against WG that we only have OP's word to go off of" i need to think of shorter names for these files

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

R T F M

At least on this forum there's more than enough people who remember what this means...

I mean, I've been a lot of forums where [edited], AFAIK, and IIRC were unknown acronyms...

Edited by mavfin87
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,656 posts
18,247 battles
14 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I tell ya, am so glad he is the boss.... Of all the clans, I feel extremely lucky that he allowed a stupid potato like me to join.  Really makes me proud to be in PvE Clan even though they let a SNIPE in.......  :Smile-_tongue:

Next thing you know we will have deck apes, paint chippers, airedales, and worse yet... Bubbleheads....... 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I tell ya, am so glad he is the boss.... Of all the clans, I feel extremely lucky that he allowed a stupid potato like me to join.  Really makes me proud to be in PvE Clan even though they let a SNIPE in.......  :Smile-_tongue:

HEY!:cap_haloween:

You got to have someone to run the Engine Room, @AdmiralThunder cannot do it since like all Admirals, he is in his dress whites running the show from his stateroom. And poor @Kizarvexis like all Skippers is trying to get the crew back from Liberty Call.:cap_haloween:

So us Snipes work/live/rule in Hell! Last Ones on Liberty, First Ones to Die! :Smile_honoring:

snipes.jpg

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,656 posts
18,247 battles
36 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

HEY!:cap_haloween:

You got to have someone to run the Engine Room, @AdmiralThunder cannot do it since like all Admirals, he is in his dress whites running the show from his stateroom. And poor @Kizarvexis like all Skippers is trying to get the crew back from Liberty Call.:cap_haloween:

So us Snipes work/live/rule in Hell! Last Ones on Liberty, First Ones to Die! :Smile_honoring:

snipes.jpg

LOL Stateroom my furry buttocks! They have co-ed ships now, he is peeking into the female berthing, sipping champale or something fancy like that.....

BTW your comment about the Captain herding up the strays reminded me of my last night in Olonogpo. I was drunk out of my mind, a bar girl on each arm, standing in the street yelling at my buddy that I wasn't going back when my DO (I said OIC for some reason) showed up and drug me back to the ship..... Saddest night of my life.... 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
41 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL Stateroom my furry buttocks! They have co-ed ships now, he is peeking into the female berthing, sipping champale or something fancy like that.....

BTW your comment about the Captain herding up the strays reminded me of my last night in Olonogpo. I was drunk out of my mind, a bar girl on each arm, standing in the street yelling at my buddy that I wasn't going back when my DO (I said OIC for some reason) showed up and drug me back to the ship..... Saddest night of my life.... 

My Saddest night was in Lisbon, for New Years and I can say (making Safe for the Forums) was the "lady" I woke up with was SCARY!!!:Smile_facepalm: A real arm gnawer!!:Smile_hiding: I barely made back to the Ship, caught the last liberty boat just in time.

And after muster, had to work while still almost drunk in the aft steering room. FUN TIMES!! :cap_haloween: 

• Cool 1