You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

How easy is getting the Cossack in coop?

41 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
2,099 posts
6,729 battles

For family reasons I'm not going to be able to dedicated a lot of time to WoWS in PvP for a few months (new baby:Smile_child:)

I'm wondering how easy it'd be to complete the campaign to get the Cossack in coop, since those are way faster and if I have to leave spontaneously I'll feel less bad. I could buy some containers too, it seems like a lot of them are easier if you get the tier 7 or 8 ones.

Also can you repeat tasks? It's not the same as the campaign system so it's not really clear.

• Bad 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles

Nope. There are 4 stages and once gone, there are no repeats. You need 50 sovereigns to get the Cossack. The maximum you can farm is 48. You need to purchase the rest. Can it be done in coop? First stage is possible in coop. Afterwards? Let me know.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,207 battles

You will be putting a lot of work in to complete the XP and money earning requirements, possibly as much input as PvP would require.

I appreciate that you probably want faster games that you can bail on with less guilt  if your new baby needs you (congratulations, by the way).

Missions yielding kills, caps and other such things are probably a lot easier in co-op.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

There is currently 10 guineas on sale for 1 USD as a special offer (you need to log into premium shop to see it) so if you do that you only need 40/48 possible.  Its unknown what the future missions will be but on PTS and so far it mainly looks like you need to earn a certain amount of xp/credits and/or  do some 1-3 random tasks from a selection that is that number +2.  Considering you can do 1 set of missions concurrently I don't think it should be that hard.  Mostly it looks like random grind rather than RNG and achievement based stuff like some of the missions in Yamamoto/Halsey.  I would say for this set coop is not much disadvantaged except in the earning of xp/credits.  But considering the games are faster it may be easier to do the other missions than in randoms.

• Cool 3

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
10 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Nope. There are 4 stages and once gone, there are no repeats. You need 50 sovereigns to get the Cossack. The maximum you can farm is 48. You need to purchase the rest. Can it be done in coop? First stage is possible in coop. Afterwards? Let me know.

I did the first two stages in Co-op, and am well into the third. I have Jervis and am unlocking Acasta as I go through them all. It is possible in co-op, it just takes a little longer.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles
17 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I did the first two stages in Co-op, and am well into the third. I have Jervis and am unlocking Acasta as I go through them all. It is possible in co-op, it just takes a little longer.

I don't get it. I've completed three stages and no DD unlock yet. Even during the US cruiser split I only unlocked Cleveland. The crates don't like me 'tall...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
31 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I don't get it. I've completed three stages and no DD unlock yet. Even during the US cruiser split I only unlocked Cleveland. The crates don't like me 'tall...

This 1st set of missions seems easy enough to do in Co-op. I did the 1st 2 parts of it yesterday and am now doing the 2nd 2 parts today. If the others follow suit it shouldn't be difficult. You will still need to buy some guineas though even if you earn all 48 possible as you need 50.

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

This 1st set of missions seems easy enough to do in Co-op. I did the 1st 2 parts of it yesterday and am now doing the 2nd 2 parts today. If the others follow suit it shouldn't be difficult. You will still need to buy some guineas though even if you earn all 48 possible as you need 50.

I'm not getting any of the T5-7 DD missions yet. (Actually I am whining about it.) I see others with tech tree UK DD so I am a bit jealous. 

As to buying the guineas, I did. There is a 10 G's for $1 dollar sale if you login to the Premium shop. I should comfortably acquire Cossack for "Just One Dollah!"

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I'm not getting any of the T5-7 DD missions yet. (Actually I am whining about it.) I see others with tech tree UK DD so I am a bit jealous. 

As to buying the guineas, I did. There is a 10 G's for $1 dollar sale if you login to the Premium shop. I should comfortably acquire Cossack for "Just One Dollah!"

I got the 10 for $1 as well.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
763 posts
5,956 battles
1 hour ago, mrh308 said:

There is currently 10 guineas on sale for 1 USD as a special offer (you need to log into premium shop to see it) so if you do that you only need 40/48 possible.  Its unknown what the future missions will be but on PTS and so far it mainly looks like you need to earn a certain amount of xp/credits and/or  do some 1-3 random tasks from a selection that is that number +2.  Considering you can do 1 set of missions concurrently I don't think it should be that hard.  Mostly it looks like random grind rather than RNG and achievement based stuff like some of the missions in Yamamoto/Halsey.  I would say for this set coop is not much disadvantaged except in the earning of xp/credits.  But considering the games are faster it may be easier to do the other missions than in randoms.

Thanks for the heads up on the special :)

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

For family reasons I'm not going to be able to dedicated a lot of time to WoWS in PvP for a few months (new baby:Smile_child:)

I'm wondering how easy it'd be to complete the campaign to get the Cossack in coop, since those are way faster and if I have to leave spontaneously I'll feel less bad. I could buy some containers too, it seems like a lot of them are easier if you get the tier 7 or 8 ones.

Also can you repeat tasks? It's not the same as the campaign system so it's not really clear.

Yes, the event is able to be completed in Co-op, Random, Ranked and Arms Race. Of course Random will complete faster than co-op as the rewards are bigger. You do not need a UK DD to complete the Directives.

59 minutes ago, mrh308 said:

THIS! :Smile_great:  If you complete all 48 of the Directives (48th is available Dec 8th), you then need two more from the shop to get the advertised 96% discount. Some people are complaining it is not free, but WG NEVER said it would be free, they just didn't read. Get the 10 Guineas for $0.99 while it is in the shop. Guineas will be on sale in the shop until Jan 9th when they are converted to credits, but we do not know how long the 10 Guineas for a $1 will last.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,330 posts
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

THIS! :Smile_great:  If you complete all 48 of the Directives (48th is available Dec 8th), you then need two more from the shop to get the advertised 96% discount. Some people are complaining it is not free, but WG NEVER said it would be free, they just didn't read. Get the 10 Guineas for $0.99 while it is in the shop. Guineas will be on sale in the shop until Jan 9th when they are converted to credits, but we do not know how long the 10 Guineas for a $1 will last.

Quietly throwing in that requirement to spend money at the end of the grind is a new twist, however, so it does go against established expectations.

[WOLF6]
Members
675 posts
3,812 battles
20 minutes ago, Khafni said:

You only get the Tier 5-8 DD missions in Royal Navy containers.

The drop rate for the missions is very low for premium containers, so the drop rates are probably even lower for the standard Royal Navy containers.  I have heard of a few people getting the T5 or T6 missions from a regular container, but it is rare.

[LOU1]
Members
3,019 posts
8,124 battles
1 hour ago, mrh308 said:

Wow, thanks!  Hadn't noticed that and grabbed it immediately.

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Quietly throwing in that requirement to spend money at the end of the grind is a new twist, however, so it does go against established expectations.

INCORRECT! WG has said that you could get Cossack for a 96% discount. Since you need two Guineas, and you can get 10 for $0.99 right NOW in the shop, everything is as advertised.

R T F M

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,330 posts
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

INCORRECT! WG has said that you could get Cossack for a 96% discount. Since you need two Guineas, and you can get 10 for $0.99 right NOW in the shop, everything is as advertised.

R T F M

Has WG ever including this kind of spending requirement at the end of an event grind for a ship before?   Where the special currency could not be completely "earned" through gameplay?  

If not, then it's a new twist on how these things have been done in the past.  (Not a new twist on the Cossack specifically.)  

Maybe you could slow down and actually read the post you're replying to before (ironically) giving me crap about "not reading the manual".  :Smile_amazed:

[A_51]
Members
262 posts
13,026 battles

From what I've read and watched, the Cossack is garbage, so maybe it's not worth worrying about.

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Has WG ever including this kind of spending requirement at the end of an event grind for a ship before?   Where the special currency could not be completely "earned" through gameplay?  

If not, then it's a new twist on how these things have been done in the past.  (Not a new twist on the Cossack specifically.)  

Maybe you could slow down and actually read the post you're replying to before (ironically) giving me crap about "not reading the manual".  :Smile_amazed:

They never said it would be free, but on a 96% discount.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

The crates don't like me 'tall...

I know the feeling, I have the worst luck with all crates, containers, and super containers. I keep wondering if I am going to get a SC that will take away something, that is how bad my luck is.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Funny 4

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
39 posts
6,104 battles

To the OP, I have done the first 3 stages all in co-op.  Each stage took about 1-1.5 hours each stage to do. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
280 posts
6,432 battles
1 hour ago, mrh308 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

8 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I keep wondering if I am going to get a SC that will take away something, that is how bad my luck is.

Still laughing.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,330 posts
28 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They never said it would be free, but on a 96% discount.

Where and when was this laid out?  Was it completely up-front, or in the fine print?   

If an expectation has been established by past repeated actions, something that runs counter to that past pattern can't fairly be buried in the fine print.

To me, it comes across as WG trying to get people invested in the grind only to later notice they need to spend the money. 

So maybe it is fair to tell people "buyer beware" and "always read every last detail" when it comes to dealing with WG.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Where and when was this laid out?  Was it completely up-front, or in the fine print?   

If an expectation has been established by past repeated actions, something that runs counter to that past pattern can't fairly be buried in the fine print.

To me, it comes across as WG trying to get people invested in the grind only to later notice they need to spend the money. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/   here is the sub-section https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/#royal-navy-arsenal

Reading is OP

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
30 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Still laughing.

:cap_haloween:LoL:cap_haloween: But it is true, on using try you luck, I have gotten nothing but Hotel Yankee Signal Flags. The only great thing I have ever gotten out of a SC was back when they still dropped Credits.

P.S. AND not I am not complaining, I am joking. You can stop with the PMs:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

:cap_haloween:LoL:cap_haloween: But it is true, on using try you luck, I have gotten nothing but Hotel Yankee Signal Flags. The great thing I have ever gotten out of a SC was back when they still dropped Credits.

I miss the 10M credit super containers. Not everyone had Millions of credits, but people who did complained so... :Smile-angry: