You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Seriously fix this ...

27 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,586 posts
25,712 battles

image.thumb.png.4977148475fb05ff7a343233e75eec53.png

So I am wondering why I can't complete this mission even though I have fulfilled it three games in a row. Desperately I decide to click on it. Lo and behold...

image.thumb.png.471609e3f3d866dafc55bea15a0c8ab6.png

...the rule for completing it is revealed. I can't use Gallant or Acasta. Why wasn't this information in the box originally? It's not like there isn't room for it.

Why did I need to click on it to find that? Where does it tell me to click? 

Fix this. All of the information needed to complete the mission needs to be right up front. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

Members
161 posts
3,009 battles

And they wonder why people get frustrated playing games.  I saw something about this posted on another thread, but didn't know what it was talking about.  No fair hiding the mission information.

Alpha Tester
1,960 posts

I haven't started the third mission yet so good thing I came across this. Too bad I only have Gallant. Thanks for the warning.

[-V1-]
Members
161 posts
4,604 battles

And I just discovered something that completely excludes me from this contest!    Thanks and I agree WoWs needs a better writing crew that understands the English language.

[PIZZA]
Supertester
918 posts
18,565 battles

For mission 3: Flags on bases, Support the defense, under a hail of shells, Send them to davy jones, and experienced defender can all be done without the British DD's. I have 3 of the 5 done already with a cruiser and am almost done with the other two.   But I do agree that the mission requirements should be listed as you have said when it involves a special class of ships..  

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles

Dang it.  Was all ready to complete this mission with Gallant before you pointed this out.  Oh well, guess we're skipping this one

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles

Might I also point out that Arms Race is listed as a valid mode, but neither Tier VII nor Tier VIII ships of any kind can enter it?

Clearly this task is meant for those either spendy or lucky enough to get Jervis/Lightning, or who have already shovelled money at the Guineas needed to get Cossack, or who simply bought her for the rest of the stuff in the package and will probably get their ship money back in doubloons at the end of the event.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
114 posts
3,466 battles

I wondered about this too and was getting annoyed I couldn't get it in the Acasta. Thank you for telling us and a reminder that I should click mission tabs more.

Really lame that it requires a specific ship though.

Members
18,241 posts
5,214 battles
24 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

And I just discovered something that completely excludes me from the contest.

Nah, you just have to do other missions instead of that one.

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles
26 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

And I just discovered something that completely excludes me from this contest!    Thanks and I agree WoWs needs a better writing crew that understands the English language.

1. It's not a contest

2. You're not excluded from anything. The missions that require British destroyers ARE NOT NECESSARY to advance through the tasks/missions/directives.

3. Unless I am mistaken, none of the tasks (thus far disclosed) requiring British DDs prevent any player from acquiring a single Sovereign or Guinea.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
3 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

1. It's not a contest

2. You're not excluded from anything. The missions that require British destroyers ARE NOT NECESSARY to advance through the tasks/missions/directives.

3. Unless I am mistaken, none of the tasks (thus far disclosed) requiring British DDs prevent any player from acquiring a single Sovereign or Guinea.

1. To the extent that a very cheap Tier VIII premium destroyer is the prize, yes it is. But only to that extent.

2. Agree absolutely.

3. It will be interesting to see if this is maintained throughout the event. 

Right now I'm just elated that none of the things I've been asked to do so far have a win or survival condition. That plus getting the Acasta unlock as a sort of participation prize takes the pressure right off for me.

[HEROS]
Members
1,428 posts
12,023 battles

Ohh boy hey come on guys.. to use an infamous military acronym... [edited].  The mission in question is labeled "British Destroyers"(I do consider that a hint, and a strong one)  You will get brit DD's from the royal navy crates via some fairly simple personal missions.. and watch the doggone video's, and site posting that do explain the details.  You'll study replays and read folks tactical postings on running ships but you not reading whats in front of you.  A certain minimal mental effort is required.  Not much, just a itty bitty weee bit.

Relax, and go do it.  Making the leader boards is as much luck as skill so don't worry about it.  Give your self a pat on the back if you do, but don't think your something special because of it.

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1. To the extent that a very cheap Tier VIII premium destroyer is the prize, yes it is. But only to that extent.

I think "challenge" would be a more fitting term. A contest is generally considered a competition between individuals or teams, inherently having both winners and losers. WG is merely asking players to achieve certain things within a certain time on their own, irrespective of how quickly or how well other players do it. If everyone can win, it lack the essential competitive element that makes it a contest.

8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

3. It will be interesting to see if this is maintained throughout the event. 

Right now I'm just elated that none of the things I've been asked to do so far have a win or survival condition. That plus getting the Acasta unlock as a sort of participation prize takes the pressure right off for me.

Yes. It will be doubly interesting to see if both hold through the event. Since everything thus far can be accomplished in Co-op and Operations, any winning hurdle can be easily cleared.

Make that, though, a third thing to watch with interest throughout the event.

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
271 posts
1,768 battles

UIs that require you to click on things?  THIS IS OUTRAGE.  WHERE IS POLICE???

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles
12 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Ohh boy hey come on guys.. to use an infamous military acronym... [edited]. 

A lot of complaining they're doing over a mouse click.

I have to say, if the windows were all expanded to show the ship eligibility details, someone among these same guys would likely be complaining that they're "hidden" by the need to scroll.

Members
1,802 posts
802 battles

As a point of reference, as a lower tier player, all of the regular missions and campaigns require clicking on to find out if one qualifies for them.

Yes, it is annoying, but very consistent.

[PVE]
Members
9,740 posts
7,472 battles

Most missions are T5+ and ship

Each Directive there is a UK DD missions that is T5+ UK DD. So Gallant or early access UK DD in patch 7.9. Full UK DD line released patch 7.10 on Oct 17th.

Directives III & IV have a UK DD missions that requires T7+ UK DD, so for patch 7.9 that is only T7 Jervis and/or T8 Lightning early access DD. Full UK DD line released patch 7.10 Oct 17th.

You can complete all of the Directives without using a UK DD.

[90THD]
Supertester
1,073 posts
6,123 battles

Wow, people are just getting lazy these days.  God forbid you have to click on something.  I mean seriously, does everything have to be spoon fed to these people?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
172 posts

LOL, wow, people are getting dumber and dumber.  And I love the fact that some idiot downvoted the guy who stated the fact that people are lazy, talk about the playerbase going downhill lol

- Awe some poor little but hurt child downvoted this comment as well.  Truth hurt your fragile little feelings?

Edited by British_Beauty
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,045 posts
8,128 battles

Guess this is why the big poster that appears after a completion mentions being Vigilant...

I was wondering why I completed several Tasks in the second mission last night (I thought) but got zero credit.  I usually catch this kind of scavenger hunt stuff, but my mind was focused on maximizing gain from the discounts that ended this morning.  Now I am watching the clock for when i can get home and see what the missions fully require.

[NGA-R]
Members
29 posts
238 battles

Wow, seriously, someone is whining about having to actually click on something for more detail?  Good lord man, how do you function in life? ...

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,350 posts
13,076 battles
1 hour ago, Royal_Seahawk said:

Wow, seriously, someone is whining about having to actually click on something for more detail?  Good lord man, how do you function in life? ...

Yeah, but I hate being forced to read, write and do math … if only they could reduce life to a bunch of smiley cartoons and emojis

Oh Wait - they have :)

On the positive side, I hear there is a new running shoe that tightens up the laces for you so you won't have to tie shoelaces anymore - yayyyy?

• Cool 2