You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joker6787

Huanghe 9.99

22 comments in this topic

[-TRM-]
Members
59 posts
4,323 battles

Hunaghe is in the premium shop for 9.99.  We all know the ship is nothing crazy but the price is reasonable.  Figured it is worth a share.

Edited by Joker6787

[WOLFC]
Members
180 posts
14,091 battles

I spec mine for AA and use her in operations. She does pretty well. A solid contributor to the team.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles

She is underappreciated and a unique ship.  Worth the cash.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
3 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Interesting. I went looking for stuff on her as soon as I saw the sale price. Mouse's review was graphically unflattering, while on YouTube Flamu despised it and Zoup's review preceded the addition of Perth smoke. I know there's one crazy-dedicated guy who vowed to make it the only ship he ever played, but I don't know how he's making out with it.

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Interesting. I went looking for stuff on her as soon as I saw the sale price. Mouse's review was graphically unflattering, while on YouTube Flamu despised it and Zoup's review preceded the addition of Perth smoke. I know there's one crazy-dedicated guy who vowed to make it the only ship he ever played, but I don't know how he's making out with it.

from what i can remember,he might be the best huanghe player,period.

it's a lot of dedication for one ship.

Edited by Cruxdei

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

from what i can remember,he might be the best huanghe player,period.

it's a lot of dedication for one ship.

Reminds me of something I read elsewhere: to paraphrase - "Fear not the man with many guns. Fear the man with just one gun, for he knows how to use it best."

• Cool 1

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Despite the loss of a turret, my damage has been on par with the Perth thus far. Sadly only 40k'ish average damage, which is likely telling of how good I am a player, but I like her. Would be nice if I could use the reload booster and Hydro at the same time though. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

I plan on getting it sometime, I have the Perth and have always enjoyed it.:Smile_honoring:

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,796 battles

i got her from supercontainer, its a trash bote that i probably would end up selling.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

I played here a bit as a Pirate and I am very tempted at that price.

Members
1,459 posts
12,348 battles

Have it and the Perth.  Crawl smoke is fun, really need a high point captain to make it successful (IFHE), struggles on damage - sometimes can be an effective DD hunter, do not take out very often but it is an interesting ship to play (especially if for under $10).  At this point the only PA cruiser, so limited abilities to share captain if going for cruiser build vs PA DD build.  

Edited by Panzer1113

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,327 battles

It's not a bad boat in Ops. The AA is very nice in several of the scenarios. I haven't felt like the missing guns were a major issue.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles

@Taylor3006 I already have the Huanghe, so I can not tell you how many doubloons it is in the game.

fX2zSZA.jpg

if you buy the Huanghe bundle and already have it in port, you get 3,576 doubloons which is $17.43 in the Any Doubloons in the shop. 

sLsjS7t.jpg

if you buy the Huanghe and already have it in port, you get 2,231 doubloons which is $11.40 in the Any Doubloons in the shop. 

xhx2A1p.jpg

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Assuming the sale is still going on, the Huang He should be selling at 3780 doubloons. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,191 posts
18,924 battles

Okish boat for operations, excellent as a AA ship there. As a trainer or for serious play... not so much.

[SIDE]
Members
733 posts
3,290 battles

I'd say the Huanghe is worth the buy. It's a fun ship, but I really don't think it's good as the Perth. Only thing better about it is the AA though in my opinion. The Perth just does every thing else so much better.

Members
219 posts
3 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

i got her from supercontainer, its a trash bote that i probably would end up selling.

In tier 6, it's the #5 cruiser in dmg per game and #2 in WR. I'm pretty sure it's not trash. Coincidentally, I had mine out in a couple of randoms this morning and it's pretty powerful with it's unique smoke. I don't even have IFHE on mine and i was dealing good dmg. 

Edited by General_Lee_Miserable

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles
3 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

That she is. I've only driven her in about 15 Randoms but I did pretty good. Her guns may be few but they're pretty accurate and effective.

[-TRM-]
Members
59 posts
4,323 battles

Perth is clearly superior ship and my win rate in Leander is 81% so I am down to experiment, I like the squishy smokey cruisers.  Although I am horrible with my Fiji, I get deleted out of nowhere all the time.  I think it is payback for my Fiji abuse when I grinded the Lyon.

Edited by Joker6787

[-TRM-]
Members
59 posts
4,323 battles

Just wanted to point out the sale comes out to 1925 dubs+free port slots.  Overall not a bad deal for a Tier 6 cruiser to derp around in.  The 19.99 deal includes a 10 point captain, however I just went for the 9.99 (can't really beat it) and will grind out my own captain.  This is way better then then 30% off anniversary tier 6's, plus a free port slot.  This should brake the deal down for everyone wondering.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,433 posts
9,572 battles

She is pretty crap.... and yet... very fun lol

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It was a running joke for awhile that you needed one to join our clan.  The ship is a riot at times.  The problem is it your team utterly taters it just didn't have the DPS to carry.