You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

RN Containers - What you get and What to buy in the Arsenal (which is kind of a let down)

23 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

I have no problem with the containers.  We've had these and they are pretty much the same as always.  My issue is the RN Arsenal rewards seem weak.  One perma camo for gallant which is near identical to the other, Bert Dunkirk and thats about it.  Yes, you can purchase the Warspite and Gallant for sovereigns which is nice.  The Arsenal just seems kind of bland compared to the Anniversary one. No patches?  Maybe they are yet to come.

• Cool 2

[-V1-]
Members
161 posts
4,614 battles

Speaking of patches why can't all the colors and patch backgrounds be offered with the Clan's names on them?    Or at least all the colors as I really like the red background much better.    I would also mention that the embroidery works around the edges of the patch backgrounds of many leaves a great deal to be desired.    In fact they would have failed my inspections as both a Marine and a Police Academy Commander!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles

I have a policy of not buying expendables, which means getting them for the camo and flags is out, and I'm not going to buy crates for the chance at early unlocks of tech-tree ships (I was willing to risk a handful of US crates for premium DDs).

Arsenal is YMMV. For some people, potentially being able to pick up Warspite and/or Gallant for nothing, or to recoup their doubloon value if they already had them, or to reroll battle-won sovereigns into Arsenal RN crates for more DD unlock chances, is a VERY big deal. Don't let your time in the game and your possession of some or all of these things blind you to that fact; it can be easy to forget sometimes.

Members
239 posts
12,373 battles
11 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I have no problem with the containers.  We've had these and they are pretty much the same as always.  My issue is the RN Arsenal rewards seem weak.  One perma camo for gallant which is near identical to the other, Bert Dunkirk and thats about it.  Yes, you can purchase the Warspite and Gallant for sovereigns which is nice.  The Arsenal just seems kind of bland compared to the Anniversary one. No patches?  Maybe they are yet to come.

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a policy of not buying expendables, which means getting them for the camo and flags is out, and I'm not going to buy crates for the chance at early unlocks of tech-tree ships (I was willing to risk a handful of US crates for premium DDs).

Arsenal is YMMV. For some people, potentially being able to pick up Warspite and/or Gallant for nothing, or to recoup their doubloon value if they already had them, or to reroll battle-won sovereigns into Arsenal RN crates for more DD unlock chances, is a VERY big deal. Don't let your time in the game and your possession of some or all of these things blind you to that fact; it can be easy to forget sometimes.

I bought a bunch of the special flags from the Anniversary tab in the Arsenal. This time the flags are rather meh and not being a big DD player although I do pull one out once in awhile so the crates are less appealing. I think that if I get enough coins I will buy one of the ships even though I do have both, more doubloons is always good.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles

I'm going to hold fire until close to the last minute and decide then. If I have the T6 or T7 (I don't seriously expect to get a free T8 unlock) and I'm really enjoying them, I might rebuy Warspite or Gallant to get the doubloons for permacamo. Otherwise a 10 point commander for British ships would not go astray, but I would want to know exactly how things like smokescreen expert synergize (or don't) with the peculiar nature of the British DD smoke.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm going to hold fire until close to the last minute and decide then. If I have the T6 or T7 and I'm really enjoying them, I might rebuy Warspite or Gallant to get the doubloons for permacamo. Otherwise a 10 point commander for British ships would not go astray, but I would want to know exactly how things like smokescreen expert synergize (or don't) with the peculiar nature of the British DD smoke.

His brother Jack which I got when the collection containers were put back in the game is still sitting in the Officer Club, I don't know where to put him so getting his brother doesn't make much sense.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

His brother Jack which I got when the collection containers were put back in the game is still sitting in the Officer Club, I don't know where to put him so getting his brother doesn't make much sense.

I put Jack on the KGV and his French cousin in the Lyon (will move to the Richelieu when done).

Bert is a candidate to go on the mainline British DDs when they unlock, beginning at Medea. The alternative is to use my 6-point Azur Lane Captain Nelson for the low tiers, as the cost of retraining her between ships she won't be in very long will be minimal and I have more than enough Elite Captain XP for the first couple of swaps at least. Then maybe put Bert in the Acasta, because that ship will need all the help she can get and he will be there for long enough to justify it.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
249 posts
2,158 battles

I'm going to take a miss on these boxes.  Everything just seems so, 'meh'.  I already have a Gallant, and really have no desire to get any more RN DDs.

[BUOY]
Members
187 posts
7,871 battles

Respectfully disagree here, Zoup, the RN event allows us to earn 2 premium ships (or their FULL doubloon value if already owned) for free with the number of containers each week has, plus we can get the Cossack for literally a buck with the 10 guineas special offer, plus we can get Bert Dunkirk, who was formerly only available for RL money.

So while the variety is rather limited compared to the Anniversary, what is there is imo, much better.

Edited by lloyd1701
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles

I guess if you are a super player with thousands of combat signals, then sure, nothing there. But for the rest of us, I will be getting Bert, some one-use camo and signals that I need. Not everyone is Unicum! Geez.

dAaB2zw.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles
1 hour ago, BigJohnsonLogan said:

Wows Containers are Loot Boxes and Illegal in some European Countries.

No they are not, or at least they should not be, because they have content at least equal to their monetary value and game completion is not dependent on the content. Particularly here, the only random element you are gambling for will become free to access in under a month.

Members
239 posts
12,373 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No they are not, or at least they should not be, because they have content at least equal to their monetary value and game completion is not dependent on the content. Particularly here, the only random element you are gambling for will become free to access in under a month.

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan

[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,325 battles

3  premium ships !  not bland !

gold if you have them already = amazing. 

lets compare 2500  gold for rank1   vs playing  for a couple months with no effort for 6500 :)   yeah not bland

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

I agree, the store is lackluster, and after my experience with the French crates, I think I'll pass. I'm really hoping they don't ruin the Halloween and Santa crates because those were by far the best value of anything I've purchased and I've bought a lot.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,037 battles

Without having to buy the crates in the store, you'll earn approximately 480 sovereigns just by doing the event for the full 8 weeks, which buys most of the useful stuff already.  Not worth buying the store crates just to get the DD unlock missions, as the RNG is very hit/miss.  I've already gotten the same 2 unlocks that Zoup did within the first 4 regular containers earned from the missions so far.  Others have opened 15 or more premium crates and didn't get a single unlock mission.

[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,325 battles
Just now, Bonfor said:

Without having to buy the crates in the store, you'll earn approximately 480 sovereigns just by doing the event for the full 8 weeks, which buys most of the useful stuff already.  Not worth buying the store crates just to get the DD unlock missions, as the RNG is very hit/miss.  I've already gotten the same 2 unlocks that Zoup did within the first 4 regular containers earned from the missions so far.  Others have opened 15 or more premium crates and didn't get a single unlock mission.

no unlocks ! and im done with the 1st 3 sets !

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
3 minutes ago, Rilak said:

The early access missions are a rare drop. It may take many crates. There are 12 crates each week without a UK DD, so there will be 48 crates this patch.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,037 battles
14 minutes ago, Rilak said:

Like I said, the RNG is very hit/miss...

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
10 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

Respectfully disagree here, Zoup, the RN event allows us to earn 2 premium ships... for free... plus we can get the Cossack for literally a buck ... plus we can get Bert Dunkirk

So while the variety is rather limited compared to the Anniversary, what is there is imo, much better.

I second the motion.

As a newer player to this game and a fairly cheap player and also not a super skilled player, this is definitely the best event I've been around for.

I wasn't good enough/didn't play enough to get the Aigle or the Indianapolis. But I feel confident I can get 3 (three!) mid-tier ships (I'm assuming way better than the Varyag or the Tachibana Lima) from this event for literally one single dollar. That's really pretty amazing.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I bought a bunch of the special flags from the Anniversary tab in the Arsenal. This time the flags are rather meh and not being a big DD player although I do pull one out once in awhile so the crates are less appealing. I think that if I get enough coins I will buy one of the ships even though I do have both, more doubloons is always good.

Farming doubloons from the two ships is my plan. I also want another Dunkirk captain so bought 5 crates to give me enough of the sovereigns to buy the Warspite, Gallant, and captain and then gamble the remainder on more crates. The best thing about the crates is the oil... 

Members
1,305 posts
21,091 battles
12 hours ago, dbw86 said:

In fact they would have failed my inspections as both a Marine and a Police Academy Commander!

You know, I bet there's a funny movie in there somewhere.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,851 posts
1,332 battles

If you think that elite flags and the UK camo are worthless trash, and that the sovereign stuff you can buy is all worthless trash, then you probably shouldn't buy the boxes.  In fact, you should probably never buy a WG box ever again.  

WG always gives at least face value on those boxes, and usually quite a bit more than that, *if* you find the flags and camo worth your time and energy.  If you don't, don't buy the boxes.

It really is that simple.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1