You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Is an Atlanta-Myoko combo a good buy?

8 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
54 posts
1,858 battles

I've been saving pennies while eyeballing the Atlanta for a while. Now my choice is to buy only the Atlanta for $41 or spend an extra $13 and get it and the "southern dragon." Is the reskinned Myoko worth that $13 or is it going to end up sitting in my port collecting dust?

Members
288 posts
3,596 battles

Considering the Dragon ships go for 25 dollars each, but with these deals it's 13, it's up to you.

Edited by XX_Emeraldking_XX

[HINON]
Supertester
19,282 posts
12,830 battles

It depends on whether you think it's worth spending $13 on the ability to put any Japanese captain in a ship that otherwise you can get for free in the Japanese tech tree. Personally I don't think it is, but that's mainly because I already have four Myoko clones dressed as east-German nightclubs sitting in port.

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

It depends on whether you think it's worth spending $13 on the ability to put any Japanese captain in a ship that otherwise you can get for free in the Japanese tech tree.

Counter-example: If you haven't yet climbed the line that far and you don't have other Japanese premium ships, why not get a captain trainer for when you do it? As a Tier VII, she's up for some operations and this tier gives decent XP with not-unfriendly matchmaking. I thought about it, but I already have the two ships the Dragons are paired with.

• Cool 1

Members
161 posts
3,019 battles

You'll have to decide for yourself, I thought about it, but I already have the 2 ships pared with the Dragon ships...and I have at least the  equivalent of the gaudy dragon ships in the ARP ships.  One gaudy ship is about equal to another one, but if you don't have a Myoko or ARP ship and could use a Japanese trainer, then go for it.  You also get a 10 point commander for each if you need them and $13 is cheep for the second ship especially for tier VII.  (I've kept the ARP ships and experimented in having different captain setups on each.  Each time they let up do a captain respect, I get to adjust these to see how different skills mesh together.  I really don't sail them much anymore, since I have some tech tree ships I'm working at their tier at the moment.)  I've still thought about getting the Dragon ships just to have the entire set of Myoko clones.

[RST]
Members
333 posts
6,932 battles
39 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

The dragons don't have premium status. No bonuses. So, not worth it unless you are a collector. 

True, no "bonuses" inherent.  However, they are premium in the respect that they are able to take any ARP/IJN/Dragon commander with no retraining required.  So while not amazing trainers, they will allow commander swaps and doing things like taking the daily first win bonus.