You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

New T10 French BB WIP

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

Looks like a souped up Alsace and man do I want it!!!!! Oh why oh why did I spend my coal on Salem??? I knew I should have held onto it. LOL At least I have about 70K+ still. IF they make this a steel ship I am going to blow up WG HQ!!!!! :Smile_izmena: :Smile_teethhappy:

WARNING - Flambass gets a tad excited over the ship in this one. Lots of loud noises LOL

• Funny 1

Members
2,072 posts
4,060 battles

The thing I don't get is why of all the nations, the French get the reload booster when they have the crappiest reloading historically, especially with their 15 inch guns. It would have made more sense to give it to the Germans or the Americans, but not the French as it is basically the complete opposite of actual French performance. Now, if they gave the 15 inch guns their 15 minute reload, then I would be fine with the 50% reload booster.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

The thing I don't get is why of all the nations, the French get the reload booster when they have the crappiest reloading historically, especially with their 15 inch guns. It would have made more sense to give it to the Germans or the Americans, but not the French as it is basically the complete opposite of actual French performance. Now, if they gave the 15 inch guns their 15 minute reload, then I would be fine with the 50% reload booster.

Besides the historical thingy, they already have the speed gimmick... I don't understand as well.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Members
2,072 posts
4,060 battles
Just now, LemonadeWarrior said:

Besides the historical thingy, they already have the speed gimmick... I don't understand as well.

The speed gimmick I can understand; the reload gimmick is "what kind of vodka are you drinking?".

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh why oh why did I spend my coal on Salem

I wouldn't regret buying the Salem...it's the new Missouri for credit printing w/the 50% off before you take another 50% off w/the camo...45k instead of 180k repair costs will make anybody able to afford to run it even if they suck with it & as it's a resource that everybody can get on a daily basis they will be swarming the T10 meta very quickly by people that have barely gotten through their 1st T7s probably.

That definitely looked like a good run in that French BB & the reload booster just looked sick OP for sure but it only took a few months to get Salem so I'm sure it will only take a few more months to get that 1...although if you still have 70k coal left it probably won't take you that long...I just bout some signals so I'm back at chicken scratch of 5 or 6k coal to start the grind.

I did notice that a lot of his targets weren't really angling much (like that Yammy especially) so maybe with a different lineup there may not be so many easy cit hits...but on the flip side you don't expect a BB to be reloading in 10 seconds so maybe he thought he had more time to react.

Definitely showed it's over pen ability on that Mino though...but then again anything can over pen the Brits. Wanna see how well it pens the Moskvas & Hindis before I get as excited about it as he did in the video...but again that reload booster was just sick.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

The speed gimmick I can understand; the reload gimmick is "what kind of vodka are you drinking?".

Yea, but they get 2 gimmicks. Why didnt they save the main battery reload booster for the Italians.

EDIT: Well, perhaps the Italians get something different ;D

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[-V1-]
Members
161 posts
4,604 battles

There are Italian Ships in the game?    Hey, I own 3 of them and love every one of them.    I only wish that with the deal on 6 & 10 Point Commanders that come up we'd occasionally see them for the other nations outside the major lines.    Just a thought!

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,462 battles

Alsace was a hoot to play before the nerf. I haven’t played it since cause I have the republic. 

However I used the Alsace really as a battlecruiser and late game brawler. 15 in guns wreck cruisers and speed to run away from bbs. I only engaged bbs if broadside or closing for a brawl late game. 

This reload booster is intriguing. Sigh I guess I’m going to have to get her. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I wouldn't regret buying the Salem...it's the new Missouri for credit printing w/the 50% off before you take another 50% off w/the camo...45k instead of 180k repair costs will make anybody able to afford to run it even if they suck with it & as it's a resource that everybody can get on a daily basis they will be swarming the T10 meta very quickly by people that have barely gotten through their 1st T7s probably.

That definitely looked like a good run in that French BB & the reload booster just looked sick OP for sure but it only took a few months to get Salem so I'm sure it will only take a few more months to get that 1...although if you still have 70k coal left it probably won't take you that long...I just bout some signals so I'm back at chicken scratch of 5 or 6k coal to start the grind.

I did notice that a lot of his targets weren't really angling much (like that Yammy especially) so maybe with a different lineup there may not be so many easy cit hits...but on the flip side you don't expect a BB to be reloading in 10 seconds so maybe he thought he had more time to react.

Definitely showed it's over pen ability on that Mino though...but then again anything can over pen the Brits. Wanna see how well it pens the Moskvas & Hindis before I get as excited about it as he did in the video...but again that reload booster was just sick.

He mentions in the video comments (on youtube page not in video) that he had some meh games with it before that one as his positioning wasn't great. It's basically T7/T8 level guns on a T10 but they can hurt big time if you have a good shot just as with Alsace.  What I like is it seems to be a buffed Alsace. Alsace was one of my favorites before the unneeded and ill-advised nerf recently so this intrigues me LOL.

Everyone kept saying they buffed Alsace because of Jean Bart needing to be better. I wonder if maybe it wasn't because of this one?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yeah it's credit earnings are ok but not great. I make more in Musashi and many premium T8's than Salem. Maybe not on a % net basis but overall just because I do better in BB's so have better games.

I prefer BB play and love Alsace (pre nerf now it's just a crush LOL) so given the choice I would prefer the T10 BB over Salem. Hopefully there is time to build the coal back up before it comes out (assuming it will be coal and not another limited and exclusive steel ship for WG's select few like Stalingrad).

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
735 posts
63 battles
4 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Yea, but they get 2 gimmicks. Why didnt they save the main battery reload booster for the Italians.

EDIT: Well, perhaps the Italians get something different ;D

Please no gimmicks.

cdf.gif

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,113 posts
14,519 battles

It's a French BB.

32mm.

As with all other BBs armored in such a way, HE spam it into oblivion, or 460mm AP it into the depths.

Wash hands, find new target.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,462 battles
On 9/22/2018 at 5:47 PM, EmperorsGlory said:

Am a little disappointed they didn't go for a real souped up Alsace, one with 16x380mm guns.

Or 12 431s!

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,462 battles
On 9/30/2018 at 9:19 PM, EmperorsGlory said:

That would be a little OP

Only if the devs gave her radar and smoke!