You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KatzeWolf

How many Australians play on NA?

23 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
72 battles

So how many Australians play on the NA server? I just created this account to use the US forums because they are better than the Asia forums.

I installed the US client and jumped on to get my 10 battles and noticed I only get 100ms ping... This kind of makes me sad as My account is on the Asia server with all my Arpeggio ships and Beta Tester status.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles

Welcome aboard, mate.

Members
4,568 posts
6,508 battles

How many?  Not enough!  We need more boomerangs flying around as a counter to DDs who are torp spamming. Heh. Good boomerang throwing ship can cut a DD in half.  Sorry for the stereotyping but I am off my meds. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[BLHK]
Members
353 posts
3,456 battles
10 minutes ago, dmckay said:

How many?  Not enough!  We need more boomerangs flying around as a counter to DDs who are torp spamming. Heh. Good boomerang throwing ship can cut a DD in half.  Sorry for the stereotyping but I am off my meds. :Smile_teethhappy:

Did you know the oldest boomerang ever found was in Florida :)

Members
4,568 posts
6,508 battles
11 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

NO!  I have never heard they were anywhere but Australia. 

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,733 posts
15,384 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu is an Aussie!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Zath said:

@Ensign_Cthulhu is an Aussie!

I didn't post here originally because I gleaned from the OP's tags that they're interested in ping-time comparisons. I play NA server as an Aussie, but I live in Canada full time so my experience is not relevant in that regard.

Members
4,568 posts
6,508 battles
23 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

That got me interested so I went and read up on boomerangs. Used in paleolithic Europe and also ancient Egypt and other places. The non-returning hunting boomerang is a VERY deadly weapon in the right hands. Take down a Kangaroo.   Needed in game!!! :Smile_great:

[BLHK]
Members
353 posts
3,456 battles
10 minutes ago, dmckay said:

That got me interested so I went and read up on boomerangs. Used in paleolithic Europe and also ancient Egypt and other places. The non-returning hunting boomerang is a VERY deadly weapon in the right hands. Take down a Kangaroo.   Needed in game!!! :Smile_great:

Yeah the non-returning one is just a variation on a throwing club. I don't think Australia's indigenous culture added any unique weapons  to the human arsenal. But they did do a fabulous job adapting existing  technology into their environment.

Could be a fun Halloween event. Tagging DD tucked in behind islands with a boomerang

Or better still, pesky submarines

[BLHK]
Members
353 posts
3,456 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I didn't post here originally because I gleaned from the OP's tags that they're interested in ping-time comparisons. I play NA server as an Aussie, but I live in Canada full time so my experience is not relevant in that regard.

**Waves from Kansas** lol

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles
20 minutes ago, dmckay said:

The non-returning hunting boomerang is a VERY deadly weapon in the right hands. Take down a Kangaroo.   Needed in game!!! 

Vampire gets twin launchers the instant we get missiles in game. :Smile_hiding:

[BLHK]
Members
353 posts
3,456 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Vampire gets twin launchers the instant we get missiles in game. :Smile_hiding:

As long as you call it a Womera, no one will notice :)

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,868 battles

Hi @KatzeWolf, im Australian and play NA.

I made the move 11 months ago, when the cable to Singapore was cut from Australia and the pings went over 300 for a few weeks.

I find the ping to NA is in the 80-90 range bracket for me and is better, more stable than to the SEA one.

I too have all the ARP ships, and tons of other premiums, but I cut my losses and started here.

Have met other aussies and kiwis from the Clan ANZAC/ANZ4C and APOC who are an NA clan kindly had me in their members as well. Overall the playerbase does chat more often in game and in forums and aren't as toxic.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,167 posts
14,583 battles
On 9/21/2018 at 5:35 AM, KatzeWolf said:

So how many Australians play on the NA server? I just created this account to use the US forums because they are better than the Asia forums.

I installed the US client and jumped on to get my 10 battles and noticed I only get 100ms ping... This kind of makes me sad as My account is on the Asia server with all my Arpeggio ships and Beta Tester status.

There's a number of you Aussies here.  Welcome aboard!

If it makes you feel better, my buddy who lives in Kansas here in the US has a terribly unreliable connection to WoWS NA Server, while someone else we divisioned with who plays from Vietnam has a super smooth, reliable connection to NA Server :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
12 posts
250 battles

play both servers but have more ships on asia server but i have account on Eu, Na, & Asia. I stuff up when i first started playing 

[STW]
Members
291 posts
6,492 battles

We have a gang(+10) of them in STW,they come out late/ early ?when the playerbase is most vulnerable and take advantage its almost criminal.

Edited by Robinhood_

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,422 battles

So pleased to have Aussies and Kiwis here to shoot at!

@MG1962 you might apply for Beta Tester here.  WG NA appreciates free labor too.

Re: Vegemite. I sampled it some years ago.  My first reaction was published: "There's something foreign in my mouth!"  In the shadow of starvation, I could grow to like it.

[BLHK]
Members
353 posts
3,456 battles
30 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

So pleased to have Aussies and Kiwis here to shoot at!

@MG1962 you might apply for Beta Tester here.  WG NA appreciates free labor too.

Re: Vegemite. I sampled it some years ago.  My first reaction was published: "There's something foreign in my mouth!"  In the shadow of starvation, I could grow to like it.

As an Australian I am only qualified for convict labor rather than free :)

Vegemite, like cricket is very much acquired taste