Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Cossack, Gallant and Guineas up for sale.

16 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,579 posts
3,751 battles

Came up a while ago, no official news article so far, but she is available on the Premium Shop. Guineas came out as well.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/filter/?cd=3752736720

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

Based on the prices on the Premium Shop, it appears that buying the 10 Guineas for the price of 1, then buying two packs of 20 Guineas can shave off a bit from the price of the ship at the expense of not having the Bonus XP Missions.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[HSD]
Members
294 posts
9,563 battles

I also see 10 Guineas for $1.25 (AUD) as a one off deal, which is the same price as a single Guinea.

I assume it's to try and coax extra money and/or ease of Cossack access.

Edit, my bad forgot it converted it to AUD for me.

Edited by Meatshield_No13

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
20 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

I also see 10 Guineas for $1.25 (AUD) as a one off deal, which is the same price as a single Guinea.

I assume it's to try and coax extra money and/or ease of Cossack access.

Edit, my bad forgot it converted it to AUD for me.

It's the same in $CDN, which is anticipated as the two currencies are roughly at parity.

Thanks for flagging that. I took it. Ten for one, I'm one fifth of the way there already, and if I change my mind and don't get the ship I've blown no more than the cost of a pack of salt & vinegar chips. I can live with that.

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thanks for flagging that. I took it. Ten for one, I'm one fifth of the way there already, and if I change my mind and don't get the ship I've blown no more than the cost of a pack of salt & vinegar chips. I can live with that.

It is a nice jump start and gives a bit of stress relief knowing I won't have to do every single mission. Peace of mind for a dollar, how often does that happen? The ship may not be great but for me, it is a $1 premium ship! 

Thanks for the heads up Warheart!

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,579 posts
3,751 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's the same in $CDN, which is anticipated as the two currencies are roughly at parity.

Being the cheapskate that I am, and without any specific time limit to the special offer for the 10, I think I will be waiting to see how easy things will turn up for me in the Guinea front.

By my calculations, you get 16 a month, for the total of 48 they list. I just can't be sure if I will follow the campaign until December, and I really hate getting something that will turn up useless, even for such a low price. :Smile_hiding:

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,592 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Being the cheapskate that I am, and without any specific time limit to the special offer for the 10, I think I will be waiting to see how easy things will turn up for me in the Guinea front.

By my calculations, you get 16 a month, for the total of 48 they list. I just can't be sure if I will follow the campaign until December, and I really hate getting something that will turn up useless, even for such a low price. :Smile_hiding:

You'll get credits for any unspent Guineas, though I haven't been able to find where WG has specified the exchange rate.  Anniversary tokens were 15,000 credits per token, but they were easier to earn so I'd hope we would get more than that.

@Radar_X@Gneisenau013  Any idea on what the Guinea to credit exchange rate will be?

[-SF-]
Members
122 posts
2,386 battles

I bought the 10 guineas for the price of one. I know the Cossack isn't the best of ships but way I look at it is a ship slot and T8 premium for $1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,361 posts
12,156 battles
49 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

Huanghe in the premium shop for 9.99 also special offer.

She is worth $9.99! 

I bought the 10 guineas for $1 and thought why not buy 50 for $5? A T8 premium for $5 is not bad. But the offer is only available for one purchase. Dang!

[-TRM-]
Members
59 posts
4,315 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

She is worth $9.99! 

I bought the 10 guineas for $1 and thought why not buy 50 for $5? A T8 premium for $5 is not bad. But the offer is only available for one purchase. Dang!

I jumped on the offer as well, why not I  want to give the ship a try.  For 10$ we are not really risking much lol

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,274 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Too bad they're mediocre DDs :Smile_teethhappy:

I literally just got a Kraken 100k damage with the gallent the other day. 13 torp hits and 3 shell hits. The Gallent is only good when you actually learn how to use single single fire torpedo volleys. You can easily make ships think that they are dodging torps and then hit them with 4-6 ontop of eachother, single shotting BBs.

Members
316 posts
9,462 battles

what will the exchange for the guineas be?

sovereigns are 25k per

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles
9 hours ago, Merlox said:

I literally just got a Kraken 100k damage with the gallent the other day. 13 torp hits and 3 shell hits. The Gallent is only good when you actually learn how to use single single fire torpedo volleys. You can easily make ships think that they are dodging torps and then hit them with 4-6 ontop of eachother, single shotting BBs.

The single launch ships are quite good in Co-op where bots have the magical ability to dodge torpedoes. Unlike people, they "see" the torps the millisecond you fire them and start to react. To get hits on bots, you have to launch a torp, wait to see what he is doing, launch again, etc. The single launch tubes just mow down bots as they can not dodge them all. 

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,274 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The single launch ships are quite good in Co-op where bots have the magical ability to dodge torpedoes. Unlike people, they "see" the torps the millisecond you fire them and start to react. To get hits on bots, you have to launch a torp, wait to see what he is doing, launch again, etc. The single launch tubes just mow down bots as they can not dodge them all. 

This wasn't in co-op. This was just random battles. 
maAqeP2.jpg

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles

Nice score Merlox! That is impressive.

The only reason I mentioned co-op is for those players who play it and have difficulty with destroyers in that mode. The bots focus on DDs and it gets frustrating when they dodge your torpedo spreads unless you do suicide torp runs. The single launched torps make slaughtering bots much easier is all. 

Sign in to follow this