You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Lightning

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
404 posts
9,366 battles

Got my Lightning today. I quite like it, nothing amazing just a good solid ship.  Concealment is down to 5.5km with skills and modules. Smoke is short duration but fairly quick reload. Single fire torps are always fun. AP is quite good but it could really use IFHE. Haven't tried the T5/6 or 7 yet.

[TBOW]
Members
217 posts
1,979 battles

Yeah how long was the smoke? Don’t really plan on getting her unless I open a container but I was playing Des Moines yesterday and the lighting was only maybe 3:2-5 km away and by the time I got there going full speed it was already going down

[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles
16 hours ago, hexeris said:

Got my Lightning today. I quite like it, nothing amazing just a good solid ship.  Concealment is down to 5.5km with skills and modules. Smoke is short duration but fairly quick reload. Single fire torps are always fun. AP is quite good but it could really use IFHE. Haven't tried the T5/6 or 7 yet.

I have the T5, Acasta. I think I've been spoiled by Okhotnik and Gremy. Cant stand that useless smoke. Just keeping it incase there is a mission for UK DDs that I can use it in. After that I will get rid of it. 

[PIZZA]
Supertester
918 posts
18,689 battles

Keep in mind the smoke is NOT sit in and fire guns.....the smoke mechanic is designed as "pop and run"....escape smoke.  This is why you have a lot of charges and fast reload times.  Once you learn how to use it, you will survive longer and find it to be quite fun to use as you laugh at the cruisers that cannot get good hits on you with the acceleration/deceleration/smoke mechanic of the dd's.

Edited by BaronVonTom
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,840 battles

Got Icarus (T6) and Jervis (T7). Both decent. Like Jervis better.

The smoke is indeed to cover your exit as it is short. I used a discount coupon and bought a smoke upgrade module for Jervis. Every little bit helps and it is cheapo with coal.

Note none of the RN DDs I've seen so far have speed boost so what you see is what you get. Not bad speed but not super either.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
53 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Got Icarus (T6) and Jervis (T7). Both decent. Like Jervis better.

The smoke is indeed to cover your exit as it is short. I used a discount coupon and bought a smoke upgrade module for Jervis. Every little bit helps and it is cheapo with coal.

Note none of the RN DDs I've seen so far have speed boost so what you see is what you get. Not bad speed but not super either.

The smoke upgrade module gives you 1s of more smoke?
Or wait, an extra puff, so might be more than a second.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Members
736 posts
49 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Cossack and Gallant have the speed boost, but they may be the only exceptions.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,087 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I have the T5, Acasta. I think I've been spoiled by Okhotnik and Gremy. Cant stand that useless smoke. Just keeping it incase there is a mission for UK DDs that I can use it in. After that I will get rid of it. 

You can use it like normal smokes but you will always feel cheated. If there aren’t any radars near you, you can charge a DD in a cap, open fire without hesitation, and when you see that targeting number jump above 1, pop smoke. Usually you bait the red DD into firing and can use your team to spot them. I love the recharge on the smokes. I can be super aggressive (if I am aware) and easily go dark. 5.5km concealment with that smoke is a killer.

[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles
16 hours ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

You can use it like normal smokes but you will always feel cheated. If there aren’t any radars near you, you can charge a DD in a cap, open fire without hesitation, and when you see that targeting number jump above 1, pop smoke. Usually you bait the red DD into firing and can use your team to spot them. I love the recharge on the smokes. I can be super aggressive (if I am aware) and easily go dark. 5.5km concealment with that smoke is a killer.

Interesting. 

[ONAVY]
Members
789 posts
6,333 battles

Awwwww I thought this topic was something about actual lightning. I like the weather effects in the one scenario where the storm system moved over and thru the battlefield with the "lightning". :( I'm outta here... --->

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,840 battles
2 hours ago, b101uk said:

Cossack and Gallant have the speed boost, but they may be the only exceptions.

Was speaking of the Tree ships of course.

I have had Gallant for a long time.